Conference Expansion Part ....I don't know.....

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

OSUCat

Conference Expansion Part ....I don't know.....

Post by OSUCat »

Big-12 Looking to expand, and might be a problem for the Pac-12.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ado-whaaat" target="_blank
Instead, it roared back to full life, as the conference announced it’s considering expansion by as many as four teams and advised all interested parties to reach out.
Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder not only stumped for the conference, but claimed multiple teams that have left wish they hadn’t:
SBNation is suggesting that one of those teams is Colorado.

It also suggest that Pac-12 could try to court Houston.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
catgrad97

Re: Conference Expansion Part ....I don't know.....

Post by catgrad97 »

Houston in the Pac-12 would absolutely end in my interest in the conference as a power player and have me definitely rooting for Arizona to change affiliations.

That's more ridiculous than TCU being in the Big East.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a chance for Houston in the PAC. 0. PAC presidents would never allow such a low ranking academic school in.

Forbes Lists

#342 Top Colleges
#98 in Public Colleges
#141 in Research Universities
#68 in the South

First time I have heard CU meantioned. Colo State much more likely for the Big 12.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Houston just edged Chicago as the 3rd largest TV market. Why is it listed as 10th there?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

all possible candidates for the big 12 in my opinion:

houston
ucf
usf
cincinnati
memphis
colorado state
byu
boise state
colorado
utah

seriously doubt utah or cu defecting. if they expand i think it'll be 2-4 out of houston, ucf, usf, memphis or cincinnati. they want money markets like houston and tampa/orlando and want to expand into the south in places like florida and tennessee.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
prh

Post by prh »

What if the Pac-12 returned Colorado and added BYU? That would improve on the travel pairings, add another rivalry (because I don't think anyone would consider Colorado a rival at this point), and most importantly of all, give me more opportunities to see the Cats :D :D (although the drive to Provo sucks).
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

prh wrote:What if the Pac-12 returned Colorado and added BYU? That would improve on the travel pairings, add another rivalry (because I don't think anyone would consider Colorado a rival at this point), and most importantly of all, give me more opportunities to see the Cats :D :D (although the drive to Provo sucks).
Zero chance the presidents let in a Mormon religious school that won't play on Sundays. I like the idea of true rivals though, and BYU would draw wherever they played.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:What if the Pac-12 returned Colorado and added BYU? That would improve on the travel pairings, add another rivalry (because I don't think anyone would consider Colorado a rival at this point), and most importantly of all, give me more opportunities to see the Cats :D :D (although the drive to Provo sucks).
Zero chance the presidents let in a Mormon religious school that won't play on Sundays. I like the idea of true rivals though, and BYU would draw wherever they played.
I would tend to agree. One question, what about the impact on exposure/attendance/etc? I'd have to think that BYU football does more for the conference at a national level than Colorado does, and as you mentioned, they would have a big impact on road attendance. BYU might be interested, as it would force Utah to play them every year.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

The BigXII wants into bigger markets to get a conference network, and the PAC wants UT an OU. Rather than realignment, why not ADD the BigXII to the network? When Scott took over years ago he was talking about how the conferences should all package their rights for the best possible deal; this would be a step in that direction.

You could put four school per region instead of two, there isn't enough content for just two anyhow. And ESPN would love to re-purpose the longhorn network into anything, like a regional college network.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

UT, Tech, OK and OK St. will hit the eject button when the Big12 tv deal expires. It will be good for the health of the conference, but Arizona will be forced to the East division which will not be good. Lubbock, Norman and Stillwater road trips.