5 potential replacements for Rich Rodriguez at Arizona

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

5 potential replacements for Rich Rodriguez at Arizona

Post by cordera89 »

As much as I hate this article. It too soon to start naming a replacement for RR after one bad historic season and the beat down yesterday.

http://fansided.com/2016/11/06/5-potent ... z-arizona/" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Re: 5 potential replacements for Rich Rodriguez at Arizona

Post by UAEebs86 »

Greg Byrne would never hire Lane Kiffin.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I don't think he would pull the trigger this soon in the last 3 game of season. None of these will be HC for Arizona. Byrnes is going to let RR do what the he got to turn it around next season.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UAEebs86 wrote:Greg Byrne would never hire Lane Kiffin.
I agree, but he took a risk and hired a coach that was damaged goods in need of redemption the last time around... but at least RR had a prior history of success. Kiffin does not.

I laughed at Chip Kelly... he is not coming here. Hell, he may be back in Eugene. If not, it will be another marquee program.

I don't see Miles fitting in well out West. Maybe Purdue.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Interesting list. I personally just want a dominating defense, we can run the fucking wishbone on offense...I don't care. I would give up my left nut to get Coach O!

The loss to Bama yesterday will be interesting. A lot of ball yet to be played, but will yesterdays loss seal the fate of Coach O at LSU? The boosters with the deep pockets might insist on going in another direction with aspirations of hiring a coach that can actually beat Bama.

How great would that pregame locker room speech be the 1st time we play SC?

Glorious!
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I'd like to see Chris Klieman with Arizona's resources.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

ASUCatFan wrote:I'd like to see Chris Klieman with Arizona's resources.
The North Dakota State HC. Regardless of Him winning two FCS championship with no Competition, A record of 36-4 in three season. Currently 8-1 right now.

RR isn't going to be let go after one losing season.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
The North Dakota State HC. Regardless of Him winning two FCS championship with no Competition, A record of 36-4 in three season. Currently 8-1 right now.

If I recall correctly, you were touting last season that there was no way Casteel would be let go one season removed from a P12 Championship. And you also repeatedly stated "we could not get anyone better because Arizona is not a marquee job". Sound familiar?

Not all losing seasons are equal. We are on the verge of the worst record, and first winless conference season, in 40 years as a member of the PAC. And has you love to point out, we don't have a great history.

But we have never been this bad. Ever.

If it were not for the outrageous buyout we would be on the hook for... RR's job could very well be in jeopardy at the end of this season.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

If I recall correctly, you were touting last season that there was no way Casteel would be let go one season removed from a P12 Championship. And you also repeatedly stated "we could not get anyone better because Arizona is not a marquee job". Sound familiar?

Not all losing seasons are equal. We are on the verge of the worst record, and first winless conference season, in 40 years as a member of the PAC. And has you love to point out, we don't have a great history.

But we have never been this bad. Ever.

If it were not for the outrageous buyout we would be on the hook for... RR's job could very well be in jeopardy at the end of this season.
I don't see Casteel coaching our defense this season, So why bring up something i said in the past for, It don't mean nothing.

How many Division 1 football programs had suffer a season like this. Because Arizona wouldn't be the first division 1 football program to have gone winless in conference play in it existed of playing football.

Every coaches job is always in jeopardy when thing don't go their ways. Our season is just Bad Luck again. It come down to offseason of what Byrne does. Byrnes isn't going to make a rash decisions on what fan want. If he fired RR then he fired, If he retain than he our coach heading to next.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
I don't see Casteel coaching our defense this season, So why bring up something i said in the past for, It don't mean nothing.

How many Division 1 football programs had suffer a season like this. Because Arizona wouldn't be the first division 1 football program to have gone winless in conference play in it existed of playing football.

Every coaches job is always in jeopardy when thing don't go their ways. Our season is just Bad Luck again. It come down to offseason of what Byrne does. Byrnes isn't going to make a rash decisions on what fan want. If he fired RR then he fired, If he retain than he our coach heading to next.
So what you're saying NOW "don't mean nothing" either then. What one says or does is the past never has any relevance to what they say or do in the present? Thanks for the heads up.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

So what you're saying NOW "don't mean nothing" either then. What one says or does is the past never has any relevance to what they say or do in the present? Thanks for the heads up.

That how low your going to be, Fat check something I said and use it as tool against. I Don't think anyone would care what was said but if that matter to you then good for you.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Lol. How dare anyone fact check what you said! Of course what you say in past clouds how others will see what you are saying now. That is reality. Deal with it.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:That how low your going to be, Fat check something I said and use it as tool against. I Don't think anyone would care what was said but if that matter to you then good for you.
:lol:

This might be my favorite Cordera post ever.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:That how low your going to be, Fat check something I said and use it as tool against. I Don't think anyone would care what was said but if that matter to you then good for you.

Yeep! Yeep! JessieWildcat returns!
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:Lol. How dare anyone fact check what you said! Of course what you say in past clouds how others will see what you are saying now. That is reality. Deal with it.
How dare I, I'm not the one that complaining about how bad our season is and I'm sure not complaining If RR need to be fired after this season. That is you and rest of the board. So your saying that you were agreeing what Harvey just said to me. Because it sure look like it. I'm already accepting how this season is and RR would get chance to turn it around after one losing. That reality and deal with it.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:

I can care less you what you said. Laugh it up.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I can care less you what you said. Laugh it up.
Sounds good buddy. But it's "couldn't care less". If you can care less, that means you actually care . . . which you obviously do since you responded.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:

It's fucking sig worthy.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Lol. How dare anyone fact check what you said! Of course what you say in past clouds how others will see what you are saying now. That is reality. Deal with it.
How dare I, I'm not the one that complaining about how bad our season is and I'm sure not complaining If RR need to be fired after this season. That is you and rest of the board. So your saying that you were agreeing what Harvey just said to me. Because it sure look like it. I'm already accepting how this season is and RR would get chance to turn it around after one losing. That reality and deal with it.
We are allowed to complain. What you say (what we ALL say) is remembered. The internet is forever. If you're wrong in the past, pointing that out is not out of bounds. If you cannot deal with that you are more than welcome to go elsewhere.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Byrne has his list as of the disastrous SCarolina interview. He's not going to be caught off guard, I'm not going to waste my time reading some stupid, speculative article by some nobody.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
We are allowed to complain. What you say (what we ALL say) is remembered. The internet is forever. If you're wrong in the past, pointing that out is not out of bounds. If you cannot deal with that you are more than welcome to go elsewhere.
I'm not complaining, already accept it since I been on here. That things I said will stay here forever. I will never use past word to make an argument to another. It not going to stop me from coming back to this board again and again. I'm still going to be here and I'm still going to write what I want. If you don't like what it said then don't reply. It that simple man.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
I'm not complaining, already accept it since I been on here. That things I said will stay here forever. I will never use past word to make an argument to another. It not going to stop me from coming back to this board again and again. I'm still going to be here and I'm still going to write what I want. If you don't like what it said then don't reply. It that simple man.
It's a lot simpler than that for me if you keep up the inanity.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

wyo-cat wrote:Byrne has his list as of the disastrous SCarolina interview. He's not going to be caught off guard, I'm not going to waste my time reading some stupid, speculative article by some nobody.
The article isn't stupid it just rumor and speculation of possible coaches might replace even thou these aren't coaches that byrne will choose out the gate. We still don't know if RR will be retain after this one bad season as much as everyone has made up their mind.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Then why keep coming back. Already told you.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:Byrne has his list as of the disastrous SCarolina interview. He's not going to be caught off guard, I'm not going to waste my time reading some stupid, speculative article by some nobody.
The article isn't stupid it just rumor and speculation of possible coaches might replace even thou these aren't coaches that byrne will choose out the gate. We still don't know if RR will be retain after this one bad season as much as everyone has made up their mind.
Last season wasn't good either and next year could be rough. That could well be 3 poor years in a row. THAT would call for a change.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

cordera89 wrote:
Well...it IS my site. :roll:

Then why keep coming back. Already told you.[/quote]
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Well...it IS my site. :roll:

Then why keep coming back. Already told you.
[/quote]

Do you think I care it your site. The site is for everyone not just you or me. We both can say what ever want.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Cordera...this is a private site. That I maintain and run. While we are extremely tolerant here we can remove annoyances if need be. So take a step back please.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:Cordera...this is a private site. That I maintain and run. While we are extremely tolerant here we can remove annoyances if need be. So take a step back please.
Is that a threat of a ban I'm hearing from you. Take a step back. Why. Because you have problem with me. What I say, What I write and response. You really need to chill out ok. Private site. Like I say The site is for everyone.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Maybe try knowing when to keep quiet Cordera.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Last season wasn't good either and next year could be rough. That could well be 3 poor years in a row. THAT would call for a change.
2015 season was rough with injury to the defense, This season has been terrible with another wave of injury to the offense. I know I hate using injury term, Next Season we will overcome these two poor season. I don't think were going to have 3 poor season. You got think positive man because thinking negative isn't going to help. Listen if we have a healthy team, Improve Offense to get back on track, Defense show lil of improvement, we should be fine. If another injury riddle season screw us over for a third time? Then a change would be made. Can we agree on that.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Chicat wrote:Maybe try knowing when to keep quiet Cordera.
Why, Why do I need to be quiet.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
2015 season was rough with injury to the defense, This season has been terrible with another wave of injury to the offense. I know I hate using injury term, Next Season we will overcome these two poor season. I don't think were going to have 3 poor season. You got think positive man because thinking negative isn't going to help. Listen if we have a healthy team, Improve Offense to get back on track, Defense show lil of improvement, we should be fine. If another injury riddle season screw us over for a third time? Then a change would be made. Can we agree on that.
1. Define "poor season" in your estimation... because you have posted that RR needs to go 5-7 next year to retain his job. If that is not poor... what is?

2. It appears you just re-read "The Little Engine That Could". I hate to break it to you, but your thinking (positive or negative) has ZERO influence on external factors beyond your control. Thinking positively can help make YOU more effectively in YOUR daily activities. It has ZERO influence over the performance of a sports team you cheer for.

But DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' Cordera. LOL
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
1. Define "poor season" in your estimation... because you have posted that RR needs to go 5-7 next year to retain his job. If that is not poor... what is?

2. It appears you just re-read "The Little Engine That Could". I hate to break it to you, but your thinking (positive or negative) has ZERO influence on external factors beyond your control. Thinking positively can help make YOU more effectively in YOUR daily activities. It has ZERO influence over the performance of a sports team you cheer for.

But DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' Cordera. LOL
Harvey you still miss my point, 5-7 or 6-6 is the best we can go for next season. I didn't say 5-7 will keep his job. I said if he goes between those two result after coming off the worst season ever, It would show sign of improvement and maybe keep his job. what ever record we finish this season if it 2-10 or 3-8. He still have to improve the team otherwise next season. My expectation for next season will still be the same either we go 5-7 or 6-6. You keep on saying again and again 5-7 will keep his job. If he goes 6-6? he barely keep his job at some point. If he goes 5-7? than it Byrne decision to make not mine.

Harvey I'm not going to change, I will still talk positive about our team regardless how shitty we are this season. Talking Negative about how shitty we are isn't my cup team and it already been seen on this board. If RR get fired, then he fired. I still think he should be giving another year to get the team back on track. This isn't his first time being in a situation like this before. I'm going tell you this. The Wazzu game. I'm was so freaking mad on how we play and I watch whole game. I told my dad that RR was about to be fired within 24 hours after that game. I can have my moments but after a while we just got to get ready for next game. The only negative that I will say is, Why did RR insist keeping the 335 with the new defensive staff.

I don't have to prove that I'm right.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

God bless you Cordera.
prh

Post by prh »

Man I was hoping for one thread of knowledgeable, logical discussion about replacing RR....boy did those hopes disappear quickly. But this thread is full of laughs at least. Devil with the mic drop that flew 30k feet overhead. Almost makes me long for the days it was just machina and salty