Coaching searches 2017

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Coaching searches 2017

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:A&M has that fuck you money I wish we had.
Go to the games then, donate, be a wildcat club member, do your part
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Machina, your act is not welcome here. Please stop or visit another board. It has gotten very tiresome for the good fans on this board that care about the future of our program.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RichRod to Tenn? Kiffin back to Tenn?

It's been a shocking season so far for HC changes. FSU is another huge opening for UT to compete with.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

All I know is it makes it easier for me to deal with the fb/bb situations at AZ when I get to watch grease filled dumpster fires like Tennessee.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

scumdevils86 wrote:All I know is it makes it easier for me to deal with the fb/bb situations at AZ when I get to watch grease filled dumpster fires like Tennessee.
And ASsU? Any updates on that "search". Will Crow sign off on hiring Herm Edwards, now that he knows the whole collegiate football world is laughing at them?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:All I know is it makes it easier for me to deal with the fb/bb situations at AZ when I get to watch grease filled dumpster fires like Tennessee.
I'm not even joking with RichRod. I think that is roughly the level of candidate they're at right now. Now Phil Fulmer is in at AD? Maybe Tee Martin? Who knows.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Please take RR UT.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I'm not even joking with RichRod. I think that is roughly the level of candidate they're at right now. Now Phil Fulmer is in at AD? Maybe Tee Martin? Who knows.
Jimbo to A&M then NikeU could be next if WT wants to go back to Florida. TN is rumored to be chasing the pirate, but Gus could give the finger to Auburn and take that job? Crazy times, not the time to shitcan Rich Rod imho.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sid wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Jimbo to A&M then NikeU could be next if WT wants to go back to Florida. TN is rumored to be chasing the pirate, but Gus could give the finger to Auburn and take that job? Crazy times, not the time to shitcan Rich Rod imho.
Nah, UT's AD wanted Leach, but that died when Fulmer pulled the power play. I think Leach would have killed it at UT, so they took another L there.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sid wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Nah, UT's AD wanted Leach, but that died when Fulmer pulled the power play. I think Leach would have killed it at UT, so they took another L there.
Think he means Arkansas. That is rumored to be Gus' "dream job"
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Firing RR right now is crazy talk. It is not logical with all the turmoil going on with the coaching carousel. One of the positive points about Arizona is the stability we have not to mention the upside with Khalil. We can use this against all of the schools we go head to head against.
UCLA - "You think Chip Kelley is gonna give you playing time...also look at how the Philly players revolted against him, you think you wanna play for him? Oh, and RR beat them this year!" https://deadspin.com/the-eagles-sure-se ... 1750287979
Oregon - "Ha ha...Willie will sell you to go to Oregon..what are the chances he is still there when you show up...He is gonna go back to Florida any day now"
Washington State - "The Pirate just interviewed with UT....he gone! Oh, and RR beat them this year."
Oregon State - "What is the name of their coach this year?...and RR beat them this year."
Vols -"Got turned down by 1/2 dozen coaches. They fired their AD because he was talking to the Pirate. That is just bizzarro world right there!"
TAMU - "Jimbo is coming in and gonna pick up some major Florida and TX talent...go there if you think you'll start and get playing time..you'll start here no problem"
Nebraska -"they fired Riley and don't have a new head coach yet"
and the list goes on and on...

Take a breather on your RR hate and be logical for a moment.
Sid

Post by Sid »

btfd16 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sid wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Think he means Arkansas. That is rumored to be Gus' "dream job"
Good catch, Arkansas is what I meant.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UALoco wrote:Firing RR right now is crazy talk. It is not logical with all the turmoil going on with the coaching carousel. One of the positive points about Arizona is the stability we have not to mention the upside with Khalil. We can use this against all of the schools we go head to head against.
UCLA - "You think Chip Kelley is gonna give you playing time...also look at how the Philly players revolted against him, you think you wanna play for him? Oh, and RR beat them this year!" https://deadspin.com/the-eagles-sure-se ... 1750287979
Oregon - "Ha ha...Willie will sell you to go to Oregon..what are the chances he is still there when you show up...He is gonna go back to Florida any day now"
Washington State - "The Pirate just interviewed with UT....he gone! Oh, and RR beat them this year."
Oregon State - "What is the name of their coach this year?...and RR beat them this year."
Vols -"Got turned down by 1/2 dozen coaches. They fired their AD because he was talking to the Pirate. That is just bizzarro world right there!"
TAMU - "Jimbo is coming in and gonna pick up some major Florida and TX talent...go there if you think you'll start and get playing time..you'll start here no problem"

this is awfully naive and silly. most of those schools can just say: "do you want to play for arizona (do they even have a football team? no one knows...) or do you want to play for university of XXXXXX?"

it is always hilarious when 30-60 year old men on the internet think they they can use their adult logic and rationale in place of the mind of an immature 16-18 year old highly regarded athlete who's life is nothing like their own.
Last edited by scumdevils86 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UALoco wrote:Firing RR right now is crazy talk. It is not logical with all the turmoil going on with the coaching carousel. One of the positive points about Arizona is the stability we have not to mention the upside with Khalil. We can use this against all of the schools we go head to head against.

You are 100% correct brother. 100% right. Now is not the time to jump on the carousel. Wait one more year and then if you think it is a good time and RR does not meet the higher expectations you be the first or second one on the carousel.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think the general consensus from this board is no more extensions for RichRod. He has 2 more years on the his contract, that should be enough for this year's recruits. If he can win again next season, then Heeke can talk about it with him. Assuming attendance and interest go up. If attendance drops again, then he has to go no matter if he wins.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not if you are about to have to pay him out 100% of his bonus when you could use those funds for his buy out. Look he is not getting canned but if he even sniffs at one of those jobs Heeke better throw his ass out immediately.
Last edited by azcat49 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Sid

Post by Sid »

Semi relevant as they (Ole Miss) recently took off the interm tag on Luke, a 2 year bowl ban could be a fantastic opportunity to poach some current DL/DT or OL players. Think sophomore or greater get to bail now because of the bowl ban? Might be wrong thou...
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

If one were to REALLY take a breather and be logical for a moment, one would probably realize (driven home by Jimbo Fishers new 10 year, $75M dollar contract) that there’s probably basically no way Arizona could be a consistent top 10 or even top 15 program IF it confines itself to the traditional thinking of

“...what’s really important is who we hire as head coach.”
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Out of curiosity, what would you set the bare minimum number next year? I want 9, but think 8 with an ASU win is enough for Heeke not to fire him. (I don't know what the buy out is next year)
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

8 wins with ASU is my minimum. 9 without.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Lots of chatter, FSU throwing serious $$$ at Taggart and one of his stated Dream Jobs...
Hope Cats can steal Salave'a if he goes!!
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:8 wins with ASU is my minimum. 9 without.
No more ASU losses.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

OSUCat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:8 wins with ASU is my minimum. 9 without.
No more ASU losses.

RichRod has not done real well in rivalry games. Could not beat tOSU or MSU at all while at UM, and has losing records against ASU, USC and UCLA while at Arizona.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

RR gets fired and we hire Norvell is my erotic fantasy. ASU fans would lose their mind.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ESPN is reporting Frost to Nebraska during the UCF game
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

AZarchery wrote:RR gets fired and we hire Norvell is my erotic fantasy. ASU fans would lose their mind.
The fans might revolt when it turns out to be Jay
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Donte Williams interviewed for the ucla DB job
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Donte Williams interviewed for the ucla DB job
Never heard of him.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Taggert poaches UA players then leaves!

Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

ramcat

Post by ramcat »

George Wrightster former Duck and we'll sourced, is reporting Taggart to FSU is done and will be announced in morning. Unsure of which Asst's will follow.

Again, hoping somehow Salave'a comes home!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.addict ... rida-state" target="_blank
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Why would big Joe pass up a chance to recruit to FSU? What about Amey?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Think I saw Chief post something about losing a recruiter, so wasn't sure who he was referring to.
Like Amey, and he seems to be doing pretty well but have always liked Salave'a and want some more Cats in the fold. Seems he's been a west coast guy and been with Taggart for less than a year, so who knows. Know the staff is trying to tap back into Samoan pipe line but probably not as you suggest, just saying and wishing....
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Scheer reporting it's oline coach Michalczik, so nevermind on Joe, Ha!
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:Taggert poaches UA players then leaves!

Took lessons from Lane
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Welp. Who is on Oregon's shortlist now?

EDIT: Leavitt? Sumlin? (lazy, but his name comes up with every job)
Sid

Post by Sid »

btfd16 wrote:Welp. Who is on Oregon's shortlist now?

Willie turned down $20M over 5 years to stay on at NikeU. Sounds like Uncle Phil wants to throw some serious coin around to win the presser since WT told them to go kick rocks. This should be interesting...
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

6/30 for Taggert?

We need to think outside the box if we want to compete at any sort of high(ish) level
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Sid wrote:

Willie turned down $20M over 5 years to stay on at NikeU. Sounds like Uncle Phil wants to throw some serious coin around to win the presser since WT told them to go kick rocks. This should be interesting...
Offer Chip $6M a year
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

SCCats wrote:
Sid wrote:

Offer Chip $6M a year
They approached him last year, thought they had a deal, and he backed out.
Sid

Post by Sid »

MrBug708 wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Sid wrote:

Offer Chip $6M a year
They approached him last year, thought they had a deal, and he backed out.
Hey Bug,
I have a funny feeling the Chip hiring is the death of Helton at sc. When we (uofa) were making our comeback the sc alum section I was sitting in were all ready to riot on Helton, it was comical. Now with Darnold and Rosen entering the draft both schools will have new starting QB’s. I have to give the nod to Chip and if ucla takes off, I would think LS will be getting a earful from prominent sc boosters. This will be interesting...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Cristobal supposed to be the new Oregon head coach. I like him, but the Ducks have to worry after Helfrich.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Good for him. I find leach to be one of the good guys on college football.

He deserves this.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
Just means a higher buyout. No chance he coaches at FAU in 2020
prh

Post by prh »

azgreg wrote:
FAU's out-of-state applications for the 2018 fall semester were up 35 percent.
Love hearing stuff like this that re-affirms athletics has a huge economic impact for universities.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

prh wrote:
azgreg wrote:
FAU's out-of-state applications for the 2018 fall semester were up 35 percent.
Love hearing stuff like this that re-affirms athletics has a huge economic impact for universities.
I honestly think he likes FAU. Makes his own rules, everything is on his own terms, no pressure, they're winning etc.