Wake Forest says radio analyst was a mole for other teams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Wake Forest says radio analyst was a mole for other teams

Post by UAdevil »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... spartanntp" target="_blank

Tommy Elrod apparently did not appreciate it when he was not retained as an assistant in 2014 when Wake Forest hired Dave Clawson as the new head football coach.

Wake Forest announced Tuesday that an investigation revealed Elrod — a former Demon Deacons player who has been working as a radio analyst for the school — had been sharing proprietary information to Wake Forest's opponents since 2014. The school said Elrod has been fired and banned from Wake Forest facilities.

"I am extremely disappointed that our confidential and proprietary game preparation was compromised," Clawson said in a statement released by the school. "It’s incomprehensible that a former Wake Forest student-athlete, graduate assistant, full-time football coach, and current radio analyst for the school, would betray his alma mater. We allowed him to have full access to our players, team functions, film room, and practices. He violated our trust which negatively impacted our entire program. I am glad we have taken steps to ensure it will not happen in the future."
The school began an investigation following a 44-12 loss to Louisville on Nov. 12 and found emails, text messages and phone records revealing that Elrod had provided, or attempted to provide, game information to opponents beginning in 2014.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Re: Wake Forest says radio analyst was a mole for other team

Post by azcat49 »

No wonder coaches are so paranoid these days. That is just crazy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm not sure if I'm more embarassed for Wake Forest or the teams that needed to cheat to beat Wake Forest.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm not sure if I'm more embarassed for Wake Forest or the teams that needed to cheat to beat Wake Forest.
That was exactly my thought. If you need Wake Forest's gameplan to beat Wake Forest, why the fuck are you being paid to coach football?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm not sure if I'm more embarassed for Wake Forest or the teams that needed to cheat to beat Wake Forest.
That was exactly my thought. If you need Wake Forest's gameplan to beat Wake Forest, why the fuck are you being paid to coach football?
Maybe this is my paranoid Suns fan conspiracy theorist talking, but insider info, game plans, they influence more than just wins/losses...

But margins of wins/losses.

Wouldn't doubt if this goes that direction.

Tim Donaghy flashbacks suck.