Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Coach Rod

Post by chiefzona »

UAEebs86 wrote:Maybe he was asking his assistant to help cover up the affair?

No.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I wonder in what context the affair came up in the complaint.

Actually, on second thought, I don’t care. Peace out RichRod. You were disappointing.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Right where I want to be.
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

prh wrote:Stoops was fired ater 10 straight FBS losses, with decreasing competitiveness in them. While he had his own issues, I don't think there was much under the surface with that one.
Yeah, those FBS losses were against some pretty highly ranked teams, including Alamo Bowl, if my memory is accurate- then starting the next season with USC, Stanford, etc.. Perfect storm, with somewhat predictable record. Then he was fired just as the schedule eased up to the middle of the road PAC10 teams, before he could recover. Its fair to say it was an opportunistic firing, considering the schedule, and that Byrne's hire had a worse conference record than the man he replaced. Not to mention that attendance never recovered after the firing (- the fans had not yet fired Stoops when Byrne pulled the trigger- oops)

Hopefully brighter days on the horizon for Wildcat Football. Bear Down
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

chiefzona wrote:

No.
Dude, if you're going to do that just say what you know. Unless you are tied to MW.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Right where I want to be.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

History tells us if we had 1) gone something closer to 9-3 and 2) then might have been considered a dark horse to get into the playoff this kind of thing gets paid off/covered up/hushed up.

If we had better special teams we might have gone 9-3ish.

So the moral of this story is get a punter; it might save your career, marriage and family.
Last edited by SCCats on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

No.
Dude, if you're going to do that just say what you know. Unless you are tied to MW.

Not a chance and definitely not on this forum.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

chiefzona wrote:

No.

According to the Star, that was part of it:

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 5ce06.html

The notice of claim alleges, among other things, that Rodriguez and his closest aides followed a "hideaway book" that detailed such sayings as "Title IX doesn't exist in our office." Those who had the most interaction with Rodriguez — the former employee and two assistant coaches — referred to themselves as the "Triangle of Secrecy," according to the claim. The three were charged with lying to Rodriguez's wife to cover up an extramarital affair, according to the claim, and were ordered to protect the coach's reputation above all else.
-JB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

splitsecond wrote:Did we all overlook the fact that they fired him via email?

Lol really? Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

We always knew rr had a roving eye with other schools. Looks like those bar analogies from Harvey specter about rr courting other schools were more true than we knew.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

No.

Gotta be super vague so you can come back with a “told ya!!!” post, right?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

No.

Gotta be super vague so you can come back with a “told ya!!!” post, right?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ramcat wrote:
I didnt. Effed up for sure. Disgusted right now. Handled Terribly.
Feel for players, staff and program. Heeke not walking the walk in my mind.
What are you talking about? He’s taking out the trash.

There are no Boy Scouts in this business.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

No one deserved to be fired by email more than RR.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

What if Arizona hires Lane after firing RR for marriage infidelity.....
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ramcat wrote:
I didnt. Effed up for sure. Disgusted right now. Handled Terribly.
Feel for players, staff and program. Heeke not walking the walk in my mind.
What are you talking about? He’s taking out the trash.

There are no Boy Scouts in this business.
Handle it properly! If this was known before signing period recruits were played, already being said on twitter. It's called Respect.
prh

Post by prh »

btfd16 wrote:What if Arizona hires Lane after firing RR for marriage infidelity.....
Then we start winning. RR was fired for face planting the last two games and other overall issues in the program. This just makes it easier to rationalize. National news is running with the sexual misconduct/hostile workplace, much more so than the Arizona fired a successful coach narrative that asu was stuck with.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The players really need to stop tweeting already, good Lord it's embarrassing.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

prh wrote:
btfd16 wrote:What if Arizona hires Lane after firing RR for marriage infidelity.....
Then we start winning. RR was fired for face planting the last two games and other overall issues in the program. This just makes it easier to rationalize. National news is running with the sexual misconduct/hostile workplace, much more so than the Arizona fired a successful coach narrative that asu was stuck with.
Arizona just killed his coaching career.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:The players really need to stop tweeting already, good Lord it's embarrassing.
Yeah it's a bad look campaigning for Yates to be HC when that defense couldn't stop a single 3rd and 12 all year. But I get it, they're kids, that's their guy.
prh

Post by prh »

CalStateTempe wrote:
prh wrote:
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was handled well, I'm just saying that at the end of the day, winning is what ultimately decides fates.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

prh wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
prh wrote:
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was handled well, I'm just saying that at the end of the day, winning is what ultimately decides fates.
Yup.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

prh wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
prh wrote:
I 1000% agree he should be fired on performance. I just wish that's what we would have gone with rather than creating a national shit show.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Do we have a dump truck of money for tee Martin?

I think the shit show tends to follow RR.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Quick thing we aren't really talking about. If Brandon transfers, Rhett is certainly transferring, we lost Donovan... We are left with Khalil and Khari.. Yikes.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:The players really need to stop tweeting already, good Lord it's embarrassing.
Yeah it's a bad look campaigning for Yates to be HC when that defense couldn't stop a single 3rd and 12 all year. But I get it, they're kids, that's their guy.
Saw one guy say he hopes Yates is the coach, but Heeke has an agenda. I literally spit out my drink when I read that. Yes Heeke has an agenda, it's to win football games and put butts in those fricken seats.

Yates as DC is doable, although not my favorite. Yates as HC, you might as well bulldoze the stadium and plan for Zaga home and homes.
prh

Post by prh »

One thing to remember with these guys is that keeping your coach means keeping your spot, keeping your path to the NFL. In HS my bball coach almost retired before my junior year when I was set to take over, and I was worried about what would happen. In hindsight it's silly-- work hard, be smart, and you'll succeed with anyone. But it's hard to consider that in the moment.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

prh wrote:One thing to remember with these guys is that keeping your coach means keeping your spot, keeping your path to the NFL. In HS my bball coach almost retired before my junior year when I was set to take over, and I was worried about what would happen. In hindsight it's silly-- work hard, be smart, and you'll succeed with anyone. But it's hard to consider that in the moment.
Not sure how many have to worry about the NFL.... Spot for sure though.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Somewhere uacats from GOAZCATS.com is partying. That dude hated RR from day one.
-JB
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Lev guessing Helfrich.

https://twitter.com/MichaelJLev/status/ ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
prh

Post by prh »

ramcat wrote:Leiv guessing Helfrich.
I'd rather have kept RR another year than Helfrich
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Honestly Sumlin, Lane, Applewhite (probably forgetting a couple) or I will be disappointed.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

No clue how to imbed a tweet. But thought Jake Fischer's was interesting
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azgreg wrote:Waiting for Chief to come in and say "I knew 2 weeks ago."
He alluded to it within the last couple weeks. Do post search for "Chiefzona" & "shenanigans"
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Rich told us all first press conference this was his last stop, a great place why not Arizona...then a few years he was secretly trying to get hired at other programs. That backfired. Who knows if the allegations by the lady are true, they portray someone fostering an environment of secrecy, manipulation...

Biggest irony, a significant part (excuse) of that 3 and Out book for Rich's failure was how his success was hampered by the lengthy NCAA investigation during the season for too many practice hours...that was blamed for taking all the team's time being questioned during the season and they couldn't practice right. Some of these articles suggest our football staff has spent a lot more over the past 3 months time answering questions about what Rich may have done with some woman and who knows what else than they have about designing any sort of effective game plan or cleaning up any of the angles of the program (we play like it too). Pretty much the same story here that it was at Michigan. Pretty much the same story here as with Macovich. Heeke....no more retreads!!!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
azgreg wrote:Waiting for Chief to come in and say "I knew 2 weeks ago."
He alluded to it within the last couple weeks. Do post search for "Chiefzona" & "shenanigans"
I found one match... it was this one... Idk how to imbed a screenshot
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Kiss Khalil Tate goodbye, he will be at Oregon in no time.
RR coaching with a lawsuit claiming he promoted a hostile work environment hanging over his head is somehow better?
So what you are saying is any accusations proven or otherwise are enough reason to fire someone? Not that I am surprised that someone with your "progressive" mindset believes this...
Every single time I recall there being an issue with regards to sexually aggressive allegations against a player (or now coach)... you IMMEDIATELY start attacking the victim. Every time I can recall.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

This was kept pretty close to the vest. Almost comical now remembering Heeke's reaction a month or so on the radio when asked about a Rich Rod extension, his contract status...Heeke was amazingly short lipped on it...whole time he knew about all the allegations brewing and yet he had to keep a straight face when asked about extending the guy...inside was like not if you knew what I knew buddy ha
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:
RR coaching with a lawsuit claiming he promoted a hostile work environment hanging over his head is somehow better?
So what you are saying is any accusations proven or otherwise are enough reason to fire someone? Not that I am surprised that someone with your "progressive" mindset believes this...
Leave the politics on the politics board.

What I’m saying is what I said. A lame duck coach with a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against him isn’t a recipe for long term success. It’s not like he was lighting the world on fire on the field or on the recruiting trail, so outside of your anger that being accused of sexual misconduct could get someone fired, why exactly should Arizona keep RichRod?
I am not saying they should keep him, I am saying the way he is being fired is the issue. I wanted him fired after the ASU game if they were going to pick a time to fire him. I think most people agree on that right?
Read the statement, Mr. Darrow. They found enough to believe it was in the interests of the university that he be fired.

You typically seem to be a "respect the power of authority guy".... time to settle into your comfortable space.

You must have been torn up that Weinstein was taken to the woodshed...
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Leave the politics on the politics board.

What I’m saying is what I said. A lame duck coach with a sexual harassment lawsuit pending against him isn’t a recipe for long term success. It’s not like he was lighting the world on fire on the field or on the recruiting trail, so outside of your anger that being accused of sexual misconduct could get someone fired, why exactly should Arizona keep RichRod?
The fact of the matter is if Rich Rod put out a product the fans showed up for Arizona would stick by him since their investigation showed there wasn't much to this woman's claims and would stick with him until/unless something new came to light i.e. the same exact situation they are in with Sean Miller, a coach who fans show up to see his product.

This is a combination of a shitty end to the season, a shitty year prior, awful attendance, and a sexual harassment claim floating over the entire AD's head. It wasn't worth the headache like Sean Miller is in regards to the FBI stuff.

ChiCat is absolutely right.
I mostly agree with this... but she did not cooperate with the University's internal investigation. And she obviously has a good attorney advising her because she would have been a fool if she had.

If you have a potentially legitimate claim against an employer, do not EVER cooperate with HR. Their job is not to find the truth OR protect the accuser's interests, despite what they may represent.... anyone who believes that probably thought RR wanted to retire here after his first presser. In an ironic twist of fate, his wish was granted. :lol:

As for the one article I read with some details, I do not find most of it hard to believe at all... I am not a lawyer, but I am not sure that his actions rise to the level of "harassment"; if a "hostile work environment" is considered an autocratic, egomaniac forcing his underlings to put his own personal agenda ahead of all else - that happens plenty often.

The article I am referencing does not suggest she claims he was trying to bang her.... but that he was banging a chick not employed by the UA (which he admitted... someone should copyright the term "I am not a perfect man") and she was called at all hours asking her to do shit to help him cover his tracks, including lying to Rita. Based on my read on his personality, I do not find that hard to believe at all. Is it a legitimate harassment claim? I'll defer to the attorneys on the forum.

I guess Rita's nachos weren't all that after all...
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

Perception is reality. Not going over well in locker room or with recruits according to Jake Fischer.

https://twitter.com/JakeFischer33/statu ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ramcat wrote:Perception is reality. Not going over well in locker room or with recruits according to Jake Fischer.

Too bad. It's absolutely the right move for the program.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ramcat wrote:Perception is reality. Not going over well in locker room or with recruits according to Jake Fischer.

Too bad. It's absolutely the right move for the program.
This, the players have zero sense of the big picture, hence why they're all calling for Yates, which is a joke.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

btfd16 wrote:Everyone knows who the claim is coming from. It is bullshit. It is just a case of employee not liking their boss. They won't even provide evidence.
Nor should they until they can show their cards in a court of law...

I have no idea if the claims are legit or not, but helping the University with "their internal investigation" would be downright idiotic. Their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd objectives are to protect their interests and find a way to limit their liability. "Finding the truth" is likely not in the Top 10. That's real world.

Like I said... I believe most of what I read in terms of these allegations (and my perception of him is in large part driven by feedback from people inside the program). But from my perspective, it just reinforces that he was a controlling egomaniac asshole who always made sure everyone beneath him put his personal interests at #1.

But if that is a crime, get ready for a wave of lawsuits...

PS - As for the 'internal investigation' and its 'interviews of current & past employees'... let's see what they say now that he is out and has zero control over them. Anyone who believes that 'whistleblower laws' are truly effective at protecting employees against recriminations from a boss' must have gum drops and lollipops for breakfast every day.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ramcat wrote:RR statement, says he took and passed polygraph.
Effed up!!!

https://twitter.com/CoachRodAZ/status/9 ... twterm%5E0" target="_blank
There is a reason those are not admissible in court.... just sayin'. People with ginormous egos are typically fantastic liars.

Shit, look how many on this board believed so much of the bullshit he spewed from the day his name was announced.
Timmy1973

Post by Timmy1973 »

I'm more worried about UCLA.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

DING DING DING.... this was reported on one of the major news wires.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Everyone knows who the claim is coming from. It is bullshit. It is just a case of employee not liking their boss. They won't even provide evidence.
Nor should they until they can show their cards in a court of law...

I have no idea if the claims are legit or not, but helping the University with "their internal investigation" would be downright idiotic. Their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd objectives are to protect their interests and find a way to limit their liability. "Finding the truth" is likely not in the Top 10. That's real world.

Like I said... I believe most of what I read (and my perception of him is in large part driven by feedback from people inside the program). But from my perspective, it just reinforces that he was a controlling egomaniac asshole who always made sure everyone beneath him put his personal interests at #1.

But if that is a crime, get ready for a wave of lawsuits...
I get that, but if Heeke was trying to cover his and the schools ass, don't you think he would have them check phone records/every thing an actual investigation would check?