Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

DrWildcat

Re: Coach Rod

Post by DrWildcat »

I think it is pretty obvious why he took the job, no one else wanted him.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Coach Rod on Pat McAfee today. Was actually fantastic.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Bobby Bowden in his last hours at 91. Coached until he was 79
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

84Cat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 pm
Didn't the university investigate this internally to try and fire him for cause? I thought they found there was nothing to it but still fired him. That tells me that this isn't the reason he lost his job. Hindsight says that this was a terrible move, it would have been better to continue on our mediocre path with RichRod.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Having the woman you’re having an affair with on the sideline during a game where your wife is also on the sideline and needing to assign an AD staffer to keep them away from each other because there might be a physical fight is most certainly a fireable offense in my opinion.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RichRod also admitted to the affair. But seems to me he was paid off like he was fired without cause since the check was for over $6M.

But in any event, he had lost Tucson anyway. He had the most exciting player in the nation in October 2017, and had a ranked Wazzu team coming into town, and still could not sell out Arizona stadium.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It's was my understanding that the decision to fire him was already made before these allegations.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

We fired RichRod really late, which tells me the AD was waffling on whether or not to fire him. The last straw was likely the lawsuit and allegations stemming from it, which caused the affair ordeal to get magnified. Just couldn't afford to keep RichRod in the me too era.

Unfortunate too, because RichRod earned another season as coach with Tate as QB. Probably would have gone bowling again with RichRod, as we went 5-7 under Sumlin, and struggled on offense early with the transition.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:58 am We fired Rich Rod really late, which tells me the AD was waffling on whether or not to fire him. The last straw was likely the lawsuit and allegations stemming from it, which caused the affair ordeal to get magnified. Just couldn't afford to keep Rich Rod in the me too era.

Unfortunate too, because Rich Rod earned another season as coach with Tate as QB. Probably would have gone bowling again with Rich Rod, as we went 5-7 under Sumlin, and struggled on offense early with the transition.
The way I heard it is they were going to fire him right after the ASSu game but due to the allegations they had to wait.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Jacksonville State Fighting RichRods are going bowling.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?