Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:RR would go back to Jalen Hurts because he looked better in practice.
Naw, Jalen has to give up his schollie because Rhett needs it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Rhett is staying?

And what is RichRod coach of?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Classy statement. Also butters him up if Rhett stays for some reason.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Rhett is staying?

Maybe he likes it there and he has friends and he truly believes most of the claims are bs
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:Rhett is staying?

He is friends with Sumlin. No need to run now if he truly believes he is innocent.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Classy statement by RR. Enough said....Closure time.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Yeah and he wants to retire in Tucson and use more tight ends. Why not Arizona!

Pure PR spin BS. Good fucking riddance.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

So hilarious. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

BearDown89 wrote:Yeah and he wants to retire in Tucson and use more tight ends. Why not Arizona!

Pure PR spin BS. Good fucking riddance.
That is how I see it, CB.

RR's public image needs some serious rehab, and I suspect the PR firm he has hired penned.

Need the jury to think he is a good guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

btfd16 wrote: He is friends with Sumlin. No need to run now if he truly believes he is innocent.
Innocent of what? Having an affair? He admitted it didn't he?

The rest was dismissed by the investigation of the legal team due to lack of evidence, esp. since the woman refused to assist them in the investigation.

If she does have evidence, such as texts and emails, well then guess he isn't that innocent.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:
btfd16 wrote: He is friends with Sumlin. No need to run now if he truly believes he is innocent.

The rest was dismissed by the investigation of the legal team due to lack of evidence, esp. since the woman refused to assist them in the investigation.

If she does have evidence, such as texts and emails, well then guess he isn't that innocent.
That’s why I said if he believes he is innocent?... he wasn’t fired because of the affair (don’t think he had a morality clause).
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Merkin wrote:

Someone posted they didn't think RR had a morality clause in his contract. I think they all have one. It may be vaguely worded and something to the effect of behavior conforming to University standards. Its not specifically worded and doesn't say he's not allowed to grope the staff and flaunt a mistress but it is there. His extramarital affair could probably be skirted around but flaunting it on the sideline of a game and a game where his wife is also on the sideline in my book is cause to fire someone. I wouldn't think that's behavior the University wants anything to do with. I do believe we got the right end result from all of this but I think it was more out of luck. I think the entire process of firing RR to hiring Sumlin was a Keystone Cops routine.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:

I know people who have divorced parents for all sorts of reason including affairs. I never gave any of them crap for that. So why would anyone give Rhett crap for it? Why would he be embarrassed about it?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I know people who have divorced parents for all sorts of reason including affairs. I never gave any of them crap for that. So why would anyone give Rhett crap for it? Why would he be embarrassed about it?
Because they're kids. Depends on how Rhett is viewed by the team.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Someone posted they didn't think RR had a morality clause in his contract. I think they all have one. It may be vaguely worded and something to the effect of behavior conforming to University standards. Its not specifically worded and doesn't say he's not allowed to grope the staff and flaunt a mistress but it is there. His extramarital affair could probably be skirted around but flaunting it on the sideline of a game and a game where his wife is also on the sideline in my book is cause to fire someone. I wouldn't think that's behavior the University wants anything to do with. I do believe we got the right end result from all of this but I think it was more out of luck. I think the entire process of firing RR to hiring Sumlin was a Keystone Cops routine.
What evidence do you have of that? Message board banter, bad reporting by Lev, tweets by Scheer, etc. are not evidence. How do you know what went on behind the scenes was not well thought out and executed?
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

MrMeow wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
Merkin wrote:

What evidence do you have of that? Message board banter, bad reporting by Lev, tweets by Scheer, etc. are not evidence. How do you know what went on behind the scenes was not well thought out and executed?
How do you KNOW it was?

opinion
noun

1A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
‘that, in my opinion, is right’
‘the area's residents share vociferous opinions about the future’

1.1mass noun The beliefs or views of a group or majority of people.
‘the changing climate of opinion’

1.2 An estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
‘I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved’
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrMeow wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Besides RichRod being a very public figure. Rules are a little different for those in the public eye.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Besides RichRod being a very public figure. Rules are a little different for those in the public eye.
I dont think people will care at all. RR is gone, you can stop the hate for him
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:RR is gone, you can stop the hate for him
If we deleted every post of yours telling people how to feel and what to think, your post count would be in the single digits.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
jimson

Post by jimson »

Chicat wrote:
If we deleted every post of yours telling people how to feel and what to think, your post count would be in the single digits.
He's right though, RR congratulated Sumlin and he gets shit on for that?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

RR deserves all the shit he gets.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:RR deserves all the shit he gets.
Good article on here on RichRod being a bully: http://tucson.com/opinion/local/ryan-fi ... aign=share" target="_blank
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote:
Good article on here on RichRod being a bully: http://tucson.com/opinion/local/ryan-fi ... aign=share" target="_blank

This smells of just piling on. Dude should've had the balls to write this when.RR was still our coach.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I took that as more of a defense of RR, or at least his style.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
You think that’s why people don’t like RichRod?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
jimson

Post by jimson »

Chicat wrote:
jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
No, but that's not the thing to criticize.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
You’re right. Susie on his PR team probably spent an hour crafting that. Good job Susie! You made RichRod look slightly less self-serving for a hot second. Take the rest of the day off.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Chicat wrote:
You’re right. Susie on his PR team probably spent an hour crafting that. Good job Susie! You made RichRod look slightly less self-serving for a hot second. Take the rest of the day off.
It's OK to let go of the visceral hatred you feel toward this man. The big bad boogieman is no longer hiding under your bed. You won't ever have to watch him coach again. Please share this positive message with hater, SD chief and the others.
Have a good cathartic cry. Comfort each other. Your unbearable nightmare is over.

Are there PTSD counselors in your area?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
It's OK to let go of the visceral hatred you feel toward this man. The big bad boogieman is no longer hiding under your bed. You won't ever have to watch him coach again. Please share this positive message with hater, SD chief and the others.
Have a good cathartic cry. Comfort each other. Your unbearable nightmare is over.

Are there PTSD counselors in your area?
Triggered
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There’s a high and low road. I think the RR camp took the high road out on Twitter. I respect that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

True
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
jimson wrote:
Chicat wrote:
If it came directly from RR and was heartfelt, then good on him.

I have my doubts, and strongly suspect that it was drafted by his "public image reconstruction" advisers to 1) influence the local jury pool and 2) start the road back to working in the broadcast booth.

Should he get shit when none of us know his true intent? Probably not... same goes for all those fawning 'aww... look, he really is a good guy. It's a shame he did not get to live his dream of retiring here."
jimson

Post by jimson »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Should he get shit when none of us know his true intent? Probably not... same goes for all those fawning 'aww... look, he really is a good guy. It's a shame he did not get to live his dream of retiring here."
Fair enough.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

carcassdragger wrote:
Merkin wrote:

This smells of just piling on. Dude should've had the balls to write this when.RR was still our coach.
Yeah sure. And Finley would never have seen the inside of the football facilities again. Professional suicide.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Yes, it's all about preserving access for the sports, and the political, mass media. Reason #1 never to buy into any content sold with the "Insider" label.

As for Arizona's ex-head football coach, with RR gone and a new coach hired, it's time to let the former go and embrace the latter.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

jimson wrote:Are there PTSD counselors in your area?
Why? Are you visiting soon and feel like you’ll need someone to talk to after reading my posts?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Yes, it's all about preserving access for the sports, and the political, mass media. Reason #1 never to buy into any content sold with the "Insider" label.
If you’re a sportswriter who covers UA football and can’t attend practices, ask questions at press conferences, or interview coaches and players, what exactly will you have to write about that people won’t already know from watching the games or reading the AP/ESPN recaps?

“Access” isn’t really the dirty word you’d like it to be. In fact, it’s how thousands of people all over America feed their families. And just because you think they’re detestable whores doesn’t mean millions of people aren’t happily consuming that content. It’s part of the reason why this community, and hundreds just like it, exist at all.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

jimson

Post by jimson »

azgreg wrote:
Jeeze!! Shake down city
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

jimson wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Jeeze!! Shake down city
Remember, always blame the victim and protect the man.

jimson

Post by jimson »

ASUHATER! wrote:
jimson wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Jeeze!! Shake down city
If you think 8.5 million is reasonable then your'e a fucking idiot.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If you automatically always side with the man, then you're a fucking idiot.

jimson

Post by jimson »

ASUHATER! wrote:If you automatically always side with the man, then you're a fucking idiot.
Oh I don't, but anyone with a brain can see the red flags in this case.
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

ASUHATER! wrote:
jimson wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Jeeze!! Shake down city
Everyone is a victim. Step up and claim your 8.5 million. The older generation owes you.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Disambiguator wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
jimson wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Jeeze!! Shake down city
Everyone is a victim. Step up and claim your 8.5 million. The older generation owes you.
:roll: this is pathetic.
jimson

Post by jimson »

"Oh I was victimized but I'm not seeking to get him fired, I'm not asking for and won't cooperate in an investigation. I'm not seeking a change in policy and procedure. I just want to be made a multi millionairess. What? you are fighting back and denying it? That's slander and infliction of emotional distress. That will be another 8.5 million please."

Uh oh, I dared to express doubts about her motivation, they will surely sue me next. Wonder how much they are gonna sue Rhett and Raquel for?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

jimson wrote:"Oh I was victimized but I'm not seeking to get him fired, I'm not asking for and won't cooperate in an investigation. I'm not seeking a change in policy and procedure. I just want to be made a multi millionairess. What? you are fighting back and denying it? That's slander and infliction of emotional distress. That will be another 8.5 million please."

Uh oh, I dared to express doubts about her motivation, they will surely sue me next. Wonder how much they are gonna sue Rhett and Raquel for?
Expressing doubts is fair & reasonable... As for the rest of it, you must have worked in a career where you spent your every waking moment fellating anyone above you on the org chart until you had some people beneath you that you could sodomize.

If you were half as street smart as you think you are, you would realize she would have been an absolute FOOL to cooperate with the investigation ordered and paid for by the institution who employed (and was potentially liable for the actions of) Rich Rod. Those investigations are NEVER intended to get the truth... they are intended to ensure protecting the institutions interests and shielding them from liability. If you have a daughter that is ever sexually harassed by a boss at work, PLEASE do HER a favor and suggest that she get counsel from an attorney and NOT you. "Honey... you need to go to HR and give them EVERYTHING you have. No need to keep copies for yourself; HR is your friend - That's why they call it HUMAN Resources".

There was a lot of spirited reaction and editorializing in the wake of the announcement. At this point, the prudent thing is to sit tight and let the facts of the case come out. Which is what most seem to be doing.. but you & your buddy a few posts above can't seem to help yourselves. "That money-grubbing wench is trying to steal some of the $20+MM that our boy worked HARD for and deserved... by winning 40% of his conference games & banging his mistress while he was spending the university's money on "recruiting" trips. Maybe he did not know he was supposed to be recruiting student-athletes to represent the University on the football team.

Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole. But you go ahead and maintain your loyalty to him at every turn; it's kinda cute. You know what they say: "Birds of a feather...."

2 things with respect to this case give me pause:
1. If she wanted to transfer out of the department and requested it several times, why was it denied - and specifically by Rich Rod?
2. If she was NOT asked to help him cover up the affair (which in itself is grounds for a case against him), how in the hell did she even know about the affair in the first place? Unless RR was proud to put it on display for everyone....
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
jimson wrote:"Oh I was victimized but I'm not seeking to get him fired, I'm not asking for and won't cooperate in an investigation. I'm not seeking a change in policy and procedure. I just want to be made a multi millionairess. What? you are fighting back and denying it? That's slander and infliction of emotional distress. That will be another 8.5 million please."

Expressing doubts is fair & reasonable... As for the rest of it, you must have worked in a career where you spent your every waking moment fellating anyone above you on the org chart until you had some people beneath you that you could sodomize.

If you were half as street smart as you think you are, you would realize she would have been an absolute FOOL to cooperate with the investigation ordered and paid for by the institution who employed (and was potentially liable for the actions of) Rich Rod. Those investigations are NEVER intended to get the truth... they are intended to ensure protecting the institutions interests and shielding them from liability. If you have a daughter that is ever sexually harassed by a boss at work, PLEASE do HER a favor and suggest that she get counsel from an attorney and NOT you. "Honey... you need to go to HR and give them EVERYTHING you have. No need to keep copies for yourself; HR is your friend - That's why they call it HUMAN Resources".

There was a lot of spirited reaction and editorializing in the wake of the announcement. At this point, the prudent thing is to sit tight and let the facts of the case come out. Which is what most seem to be doing.. but you & your buddy a few posts above can't seem to do that.

Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole. But you go ahead and maintain your loyalty to him at every turn; it's kinda cute. You know what they say: "Birds of a feather...."
Perfectly stated.
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Some truths that seem to escape defenders of RR:

1- Lawsuits are about money. That is how the legal system provides relief. So the fact she is seeking money for her damages says nothing about her motivation.

2. Settlement of lawsuits is the way 95% of them end. Lawsuits settle through leverage. Her leverage includes the big number being sought. Discovery will be conducted and if she does not have admissible evidence of the things she claims, her leverage will diminish. As trial gets closer, both sides will evaluate their positions. RR's side will think about the possibility of getting hit with a large verdict. Her side will evaluate the possibility of the jury finding against her and giving her nothing. Some number between $0 and $7.5 million will look better than their worst case scenario and the case will settle. Whether settlement is closer to $0 or $7.5 million will depend on what admissible evidence comes out during discovery.Asking for a high $ amount in the early stage of litigation is strategy, and again says nothing about her motivation, it says more about her attorney's level of experience.

3. The issue is not that he had an affair. That might have been relevant to his firing if UA had wanted to fire him for cause under some morals clause, but that is not what happened. The issue is whether a boss having an affair, and bringing it into the workplace by making an administrative assistant help him arrange it, lie about it, and his wife demand answers creates a hostile work environment? I think UA could have fired him for cause based solely on that. But it didn't. It is still highly relevant to her lawsuit for a hostile workplace. And interestingly, RR immediate confessed to the affair, likely knowing that it was highly provable based on evidence she likely had. So even if all the other allegations are untrue, the fact he confessed to the affair, and that confession is likely because he knew she likely had evidence of it, means he will not be able to get the case dismissed as unprovable he said/she said.

4. She allegedly tried to get transferred and UA allegedly refused. That should be enough to keep UA in the suit.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Either way, is 55 too young to retire? He toast.