Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

jimson

Re: Coach Rod

Post by jimson »

Harvey Specter wrote:
jimson wrote:"Oh I was victimized but I'm not seeking to get him fired, I'm not asking for and won't cooperate in an investigation. I'm not seeking a change in policy and procedure. I just want to be made a multi millionairess. What? you are fighting back and denying it? That's slander and infliction of emotional distress. That will be another 8.5 million please."

Uh oh, I dared to express doubts about her motivation, they will surely sue me next. Wonder how much they are gonna sue Rhett and Raquel for?
Expressing doubts is fair & reasonable... As for the rest of it, you must have worked in a career where you spent your every waking moment fellating anyone above you on the org chart until you had some people beneath you that you could sodomize.

If you were half as street smart as you think you are, you would realize she would have been an absolute FOOL to cooperate with the investigation ordered and paid for by the institution who employed (and was potentially liable for the actions of) Rich Rod. Those investigations are NEVER intended to get the truth... they are intended to ensure protecting the institutions interests and shielding them from liability. If you have a daughter that is ever sexually harassed by a boss at work, PLEASE do HER a favor and suggest that she get counsel from an attorney and NOT you. "Honey... you need to go to HR and give them EVERYTHING you have. No need to keep copies for yourself; HR is your friend - That's why they call it HUMAN Resources".

There was a lot of spirited reaction and editorializing in the wake of the announcement. At this point, the prudent thing is to sit tight and let the facts of the case come out. Which is what most seem to be doing.. but you & your buddy a few posts above can't seem to do that.

Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole. But you go ahead and maintain your loyalty to him at every turn; it's kinda cute. You know what they say: "Birds of a feather...."
Not surprisingly you have me all wrong. We got here because your shitbird of a feather's kneejerk reaction of "blame the victim, protect the man."

"Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole."

I agree with this. OK? I AGREE and I am glad RR is gone, so there goes your stupid loyalty claim. This isn't about him, it's about an exorbitant lawsuit.

It doesn't make sense that the investigation was geared toward not finding wrongdoing. Don't you think they wanted to fire RR with cause?
I would have rather seen them do that and settle with the woman for half his buyout money.

A woman recently sued TPD for the DEATH of her son for 2 million. Even if everything MW claims is 100% true, do you really think she is entitled to 16 million in compensation?

That is why I am calling it a shakedown.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Well said.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

jimson wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
jimson wrote:"Oh I was victimized but I'm not seeking to get him fired, I'm not asking for and won't cooperate in an investigation. I'm not seeking a change in policy and procedure. I just want to be made a multi millionairess. What? you are fighting back and denying it? That's slander and infliction of emotional distress. That will be another 8.5 million please."

Uh oh, I dared to express doubts about her motivation, they will surely sue me next. Wonder how much they are gonna sue Rhett and Raquel for?
Expressing doubts is fair & reasonable... As for the rest of it, you must have worked in a career where you spent your every waking moment fellating anyone above you on the org chart until you had some people beneath you that you could sodomize.

If you were half as street smart as you think you are, you would realize she would have been an absolute FOOL to cooperate with the investigation ordered and paid for by the institution who employed (and was potentially liable for the actions of) Rich Rod. Those investigations are NEVER intended to get the truth... they are intended to ensure protecting the institutions interests and shielding them from liability. If you have a daughter that is ever sexually harassed by a boss at work, PLEASE do HER a favor and suggest that she get counsel from an attorney and NOT you. "Honey... you need to go to HR and give them EVERYTHING you have. No need to keep copies for yourself; HR is your friend - That's why they call it HUMAN Resources".

There was a lot of spirited reaction and editorializing in the wake of the announcement. At this point, the prudent thing is to sit tight and let the facts of the case come out. Which is what most seem to be doing.. but you & your buddy a few posts above can't seem to do that.

Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole. But you go ahead and maintain your loyalty to him at every turn; it's kinda cute. You know what they say: "Birds of a feather...."
Not surprisingly you have me all wrong. We got here because your shitbird of a feather's kneejerk reaction of "blame the victim, protect the man."

"Regardless of the facts of the case, enough info has come out that I think it is pretty safe to conclude that RR is an egomaniacal asshole."

I agree with this. OK? I AGREE and I am glad RR is gone, so there goes your stupid loyalty claim. This isn't about him, it's about an exorbitant lawsuit.

It doesn't make sense that the investigation was geared toward not finding wrongdoing. Don't you think they wanted to fire RR with cause?
I would have rather seen them do that and settle with the woman for half his buyout money.

A woman recently sued TPD for the DEATH of her son for 2 million. Even if everything MW claims is 100% true, do you really think she is entitled to 16 million in compensation?

She's not going to get $16MM. It's just a number. That's how the system works. She's not going to get a judgment like that from either party much less both of them. Why can't you understand that. It's just a number. She'll settle for a fraction of that and we'll never know for how much.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

He hates women for some reason and needs to take out his agression. Logic doesn't fit with that rage.
jimson

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote:He hates women for some reason and needs to take out his agression. Logic doesn't fit with that rage.
No rage. Just not blind acceptance that women would never do anything sketchy for their own benefit.

I don't hate groups. I dislike individuals.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Keep telling yourself that.
jimson

Post by jimson »

BearDown89 wrote:
jimson wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

She's not going to get $16MM. It's just a number. That's how the system works. She's not going to get a judgment like that from either party much less both of them. Why can't you understand that. It's just a number. She'll settle for a fraction of that and we'll never know for how much.
I get that. That's why they should have fired him for cause and paid her with a portion of his buyout money.
jimson

Post by jimson »

scumdevils86 wrote:Keep telling yourself that.
I'll let you know if that changes should you be categorized in a "group".
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

jimson wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

At least knuckledragger agrees with you below.

Do I think she "deserves" $16M for whatever happened? Probably not. In principle I am not a fan of punitive damages; however, practically speaking, they are a necessary evil (for lack of a better term) to keep institutional power on their toes and in check. They will Virtually NEVER "do the right thing" unless their hand is forced. I'd classify unions the same way.

But if anything close to what is alleged actually happened, I would MUCH prefer to see her grab that money as opposed to keeping it with DickRod. Where is the outrage over the millions he walked away with for sucking ass (and chasing tail) during most of his tenure here,.

I get it... you worship parties in power because it makes your life easier. I would prefer to lend my support to "Right" rather than "Might". But then again, I don't work in HR.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Harvey Specter wrote:I get it... you worship parties in power because it makes your life easier. I would prefer to lend my support to "Right" rather than "Might". But then again, I don't work in HR.
Sorry, I don't get what the hell you are saying.

Harvey Specter wrote:
At least knuckledragger agrees with you below.

Do I think she "deserves" $16M for whatever happened? Probably not. In principle I am not a fan of punitive damages; however, practically speaking, they are a necessary evil (for lack of a better term) to keep institutional power on their toes and in check. They will Virtually NEVER "do the right thing" unless their hand is forced. I'd classify unions the same way.

But if anything close to what is alleged actually happened, I would MUCH prefer to see her grab that money as opposed to keeping it with DickRod. Where is the outrage over the millions he walked away with for sucking ass (and chasing tail) during most of his tenure here,.
I'd prefer the University keep that money and use a fraction of it to settle with her.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Ugh, this is a pathetic display of ad hominem debate. Drag yourselves out of the gutter, please. I get depressed for humanity when I read crap like this. Most of you have proven you can do better than this.

Jimson has made a legit point that $7.5 million followed by $8.5 million is a ridiculous amount for workplace harrassment. It is simply indefensible, and there is no way you can make the alleged victim or her actions look anything better than selfish with that lens. I have yet to read a competent rebuttal of that position, but I have read a lot of insults. That's pretty weak debating and doesn't convince me of your cause.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
jimson

Post by jimson »

Puerco wrote:Ugh, this is a pathetic display of ad hominem debate. Drag yourselves out of the gutter, please. I get depressed for humanity when I read crap like this. Most of you have proven you can do better than this.

Jimson has made a legit point that $7.5 million followed by $8.5 million is a ridiculous amount for workplace harrassment. It is simply indefensible, and there is no way you can make the alleged victim or her actions look anything better than selfish with that lens. I have yet to read a competent rebuttal of that position, but I have read a lot of insults. That's pretty weak debating and doesn't convince me of your cause.
Well said.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Someone should mansplain to her exactly what her alleged suffering is worth.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

No idea what harassment is valued in terms of $$. What I can say is that it doesn't solely affect the woman, it affects many others (family, friends, co workers, etc.) as well.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:Someone should mansplain to her exactly what her alleged suffering is worth.
Am I dense? Must be, because this makes no sense to me. I suppose it has to be worth at least several times more than spilling a cup of hot coffee on your lap while attempting to drive an automobile...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
jimson

Post by jimson »

Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:Someone should mansplain to her exactly what her alleged suffering is worth.
Am I dense? Must be, because this makes no sense to me. I suppose it has to be worth at least several times more than spilling a cup of hot coffee on your lap while attempting to drive an automobile...
Interesting off topic google Stella Liebeck injury photos. Turns out it wasn't quite as frivolous lawsuit as many thought. She was burned terribly.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
I wouldn’t call you dense. I also wouldn’t try to guess at what someone should value the recompense they believe they are entitled to for their pain and/or suffering. Others may feel differently, but judging someone by the dollar number alone feels like a justification for prejudicial bias. As in, no matter how much or little this woman is seeking she’d probably be labeled either a money-desperate liar, or a jilted, reputation-destroying whore .... or both.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Wow...this has deteriorated into some "left/right" bullshit.

This isn't #metoo here. This is a court of law. We tried our hardest to find something...ANYTHING...to fire RichRod for. We probably worked harder than her lawyer. And we couldn't.

I am far left of the aisle. I have been loving #metoo, with some exceptions (I see you, Aziz). If this shit is true, I hope he, and his employer (us) get jammed.

But can people really not see that this might not be what we originally thought? Countersue with claims of blackmail? Ehh...lots of jerks do that. But we couldn't find a single actionable thing when all we wanted was to find a single actionable thing to get RR fired without a payout?

That speaks loudly. Really loudly. We really, really, really wanted something to be there and could find nothing. It would have been worth the settlement to her (at much less than the $$$) to get out of the RichRod buyout. Just take emotion out of this for a second and consider that.

And, at the end of the day, she might be right, he was a leacherous dick, and she wins.

but to sit here and take sides like some kind of sporting match based on political ideology and general position on the movement afoot, and apply no known fact to THIS case...is odd.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Puerco wrote:
[/quote]

People play fast and loose with that McDonalds suit without understanding she should have gotten that and more from them.

Because, first, she was disfigured.

But most importantly, McDonalds had been warned NUMEROUS times about the temp of their coffee. They made a business decision to keep it there because of the aroma it caused in the building, selling more coffee.

So they put customers in danger of 2nd and 3rd degree burns for a buck. So, if you hit them only for the cost of this woman's disfigurement plus pain and suffering...that is nothing to McDonalds, who has already shown warnings against the practice were disregarded in pursuit of profit.

The only way you can punish them is to hit them hard enough to actually cause risk mitigation. And that is what that case was. That is why the reward was so high. Because if it wasn't...? McDonalds wouldn't have changed a thing. If the payout + Reputational Risk is less than the profit...keep going.

McDonalds actually paid a lot in PR to get the "that was ridiculous...look at the crazy legal system we have to stop" out. But, it remains the McDonalds "Coffee Payout" was 100% deserved and is an example of people speaking on larger issues using examples that do not really back their larger issue.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

EVCat wrote:Wow...this has deteriorated into some "left/right" bullshit.

This isn't #metoo here. This is a court of law. We tried our hardest to find something...ANYTHING...to fire RichRod for. We probably worked harder than her lawyer. And we couldn't.

I am far left of the aisle. I have been loving #metoo, with some exceptions (I see you, Aziz). If this shit is true, I hope he, and his employer (us) get jammed.

But can people really not see that this might not be what we originally thought? Countersue with claims of blackmail? Ehh...lots of jerks do that. But we couldn't find a single actionable thing when all we wanted was to find a single actionable thing to get RR fired without a payout?

That speaks loudly. Really loudly. We really, really, really wanted something to be there and could find nothing. It would have been worth the settlement to her (at much less than the $$$) to get out of the RichRod buyout. Just take emotion out of this for a second and consider that.

And, at the end of the day, she might be right, he was a leacherous dick, and she wins.

but to sit here and take sides like some kind of sporting match based on political ideology and general position on the movement afoot, and apply no known fact to THIS case...is odd.
Very well put EV. Trying to stay side-less until there is a result, but this was the best response I have seen thus far.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Now we’re in an area about which I feel strongly. Punitive damages being awarded to individuals or more often their attorneys because something bad was done by a large corporation. Plain and simple, victims of crime or negligence should not profit based on the wealth of the individual or organization which wronged them. That sets up the scenario we have today which leads to massive spends on insurance in areas like health care. I agree with the idea of punitive damage, but the punitive bit should go to the government or charity or someone other than the victim and his/her attorneys. Apply pain and suffering as normal, of course.

By the way, I do not think that serving hot coffee is negligent. Interestingly, McD still serves its coffee at the temperature.

Placing a value on harassment? I can’t do it beyond thinking that $16 million is a bit exorbitant. That’s several lifetimes of wages and more for those of us outside the 1%.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

EVCat wrote:Wow...this has deteriorated into some "left/right" bullshit.

Outstanding assessment, as is your post immediately below the one quoted above. I agree that (if facts some have claimed are as represented) there is cause for skepticism related to her claims (why would she recommend her sister for the job she was leaving?)... but I stand by there are facts that give credibility to her accusations.

I am far less confident in the results of the University investigation... I have seen high level leaders who acted the way RR is accused of behaving (which apparently infuriated Robbins & Heeke), and I have seen them investigated. The little people are only likely to own up and tell the truth if a) they already have one foot out the door and/or b) they believe the person being investigated is on their way out the door and they will not be forced to pay for their sin of "disloyalty" - and then they will be all too happy to pile on. The notion that people don't fear repercussions for telling the truth when it is damning to a superior (who they believe is likely to stick around) is extremely naive. It is also quite possible that he was very careful not to make any moves when any other parties are present (which is pretty typical)... she better have some evidence up her sleeve...

That said... I have no idea if this ^^^ is what happened here. She could have made accusations that are actually false. If so, then she needs to be institutionalized because she has an extremely active imagination - coming up with some of the lurid details that she claims. That is not implausible... there are crazy people in the world.

But if she is, then her attorney is, too. I would expect that she has evidence in the form of text messages (players sexts, etc), phone calls, etc. And if he is filing a suit with claims that there are others who can corroborate her allegations ("Triangle of Secrecy") - and he has no idea whether those individuals will validitate her claims... then my (non attorney) opinion is that he is not very smart.

With RR out and his wings having been clipped... her providing whatever "evidence" she has... and this moving into a court of law - I would suggest the likelihood of getting to the truth of what actually transpired improves dramatically.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Puerco wrote:Now we’re in an area about which I feel strongly. Punitive damages being awarded to individuals or more often their attorneys because something bad was done by a large corporation. Plain and simple, victims of crime or negligence should not profit based on the wealth of the individual or organization which wronged them. That sets up the scenario we have today which leads to massive spends on insurance in areas like health care. I agree with the idea of punitive damage, but the punitive bit should go to the government or charity or someone other than the victim and his/her attorneys. Apply pain and suffering as normal, of course.

By the way, I do not think that serving hot coffee is negligent. Interestingly, McD still serves its coffee at the temperature.

Placing a value on harassment? I can’t do it beyond thinking that $16 million is a bit exorbitant. That’s several lifetimes of wages and more for those of us outside the 1%.
As for the part in bold, I agree completely and have said as much for years. Compensatory damages should be appropriate and go to the plaintiff; punitive damages are absolutely necessary, but should go to fund the legal system, social security, veteran benefits, etc.

This case does not bother me one bit if she (deserves to) and wins however many million from RR... because the amount of money that coaches get (and their buyout terms where shitty performance is not "cause for termination") isa purely inane. Lose more than you win... lead a program that is in the red... and still get your $6-10MM on your way out the door? Yeah, I think they are just fine.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Puerco wrote:Now we’re in an area about which I feel strongly. Punitive damages being awarded to individuals or more often their attorneys because something bad was done by a large corporation. Plain and simple, victims of crime or negligence should not profit based on the wealth of the individual or organization which wronged them. That sets up the scenario we have today which leads to massive spends on insurance in areas like health care. I agree with the idea of punitive damage, but the punitive bit should go to the government or charity or someone other than the victim and his/her attorneys. Apply pain and suffering as normal, of course.

No...they don't

And it wasn't HOT coffee. It was DISFIGURING WITH ONE MISSTEP coffee. And how do you then plan to stop corporations from working customer injury into their bottom line?

It's like fining a player...it's meant to change the behavior. It has to be enough or it is scoffed at...like most player fines.

As for where the money goes? Good luck putting value on that. I have a back that causes me incredible pain, like right now, every few months, and I lost my "weekend warrior" status as an athlete of some ability in the rec world because some asshole high as a kite decided to slam into me while stopped on a freeway. I got some money...

I couldn't sit crosslegged on the floor with my babies, I hurt after a short period of roughhousing, and I am in constant pain from just working in an office. How much is enough to compensate me for what that dick did to me?

Now, imagine if that dick is a corporation and did it on purpose?

Fuck that...my life is ruined. Maybe not obviously, but a lot of what I value went away. I walk, talk, laugh, go to games, throw a ball around...but I lost out on a lot of life because of that asshole. If that was a major corporation and they essentially did it on purpose?

No...nope. Mine. Fuck them. There is no money that can make up for it. And I am one of the lucky ones.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Seems to be tweeting more now than ever.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

BearDown89 wrote:Seems to be tweeting more now than ever.
That photo looks really spontaneous... not staged or planned in any way.

I would imagine Rhett & Raquel were dressed in their unis in a white room just because.... it's January!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Harvey Specter wrote:

I would imagine Rhett & Raquel were dressed in their unis in a white room just because.... it's January!
Jesus man. The guy tweeted a photo of his kids probably from team picture day and you’re literally complaining it’s not spontaneous :lol: I’m pretty sure parents have favorite pictures of kids/families don’t only take spontaneous pictures. Some of the personal vendettas are laughable at this point :lol:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

btfd16 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Jesus man. The guy tweeted a photo of his kids probably from team picture day and you’re literally complaining it’s not spontaneous :lol: I’m pretty sure parents have favorite pictures of kids/families don’t only take spontaneous pictures. Some of the personal vendettas are laughable at this point :lol:
Perfect post
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
jimson

Post by jimson »

Ooops Harvey's buddy deleted my post.

Sorry about that. Won't happen again.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Yea no team to coach and no mistress to see. He has time to tweet more. So what, he's gone, we're glad, let it go.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wasn't Raquel dating on the players? Guess he doesn't have anything to worry about now with daddy not being there.

But nice looking family.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:Wasn't Raquel dating on the players? Guess he doesn't have anything to worry about now with daddy not being there.

But nice looking family.
Kaelin Deboskie. Long gone and long broken up
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

btfd16 wrote:
Merkin wrote:Wasn't Raquel dating on the players? Guess he doesn't have anything to worry about now with daddy not being there.

But nice looking family.
Kaelin Deboskie. Long gone and long broken up
Looks like he isn't making an impact at Pima either.

http://www.accac.org/sports/fball/2017- ... boskiejwe8" target="_blank
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

There wer 4 Mike Stoops recruited players on the field tonight. Nathan Sudfeld backed up Nick.

Where is Javelle Allen these days?
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Harvey Specter wrote:

WTF?

Don't you have portraits of your kids?

Fucking give me a break.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

RichardCranium wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

WTF?

Don't you have portraits of your kids?

Fucking give me a break.
I sure as shit would not be fucking tweeting them as props to garner public sentiment for me. Ever... and especially not if I did what he fucking did. In fact... I don't tweet pictures of my kids EVER. Family photos are for my family's own benefit and memory. Not public consumption.

Just like Tiger... he tweeted pics of his "happy family" when it enhanced his image as a loving husband & father. And then played the "my personal life is personal" when it all blew up. BULL SHIT. You want your personal life private? Then keep it fucking PRIVATE.

Look... any red-blooded male with a libido can understand the challenges associated with resisting the temptations a rich, powerful dude must have. But what I do not understand is using your own fucking children as shields to enhance your own "image" in the wake of bad behavior.

But that's just me... go ahead and use your family however you want to. Users use. That's what they do.

"This one goes out to the one I love...."
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Regardless of what happened/didn't happen and despite those who seem to want to just pile on, I just feel bad for the Rodriguez family and hope they all recover in good shape.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I think he’s done coaching in a power 5.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

CalStateTempe wrote:I think he’s done coaching in a power 5.
Amazing as it may be, I'm sure there's some fool AD out there who would trust him. RR is such a disingenuous POS. States that UA is his last stop the first day he's here, slips off to South Carolina to interview under cover of night, then spins it by saying it showed him just how good he has it at UA, then he lays down on the job while he cheats on Rita and collects a hefty paycheck. Surely there's more. Anyone else feel cheated? Good riddance.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

He will likely coach at some FCS school. Or maybe stop altogether.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

His last class comes in at #10 in the conference, 11 by some. He can't beat out Herm Edwards for goodness sake. He only has 13 seniors for next year leaving a bottom heavy roster. Sumlin will have to make some tough choices but RR will not be missed
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:His last class comes in at #10 in the conference, 11 by some. He can't beat out Herm Edwards for goodness sake. He only has 13 seniors for next year leaving a bottom heavy roster. Sumlin will have to make some tough choices but RR will not be missed
What is comical is that some of those who continued to have their nose firmly planted in his ass until the bitter end pointed to the "momentum in recruiting" he had generated as a reason to keep him around. The class we ended up with is pretty much the one we would have had if RR had been retained, and it is ranked #51 in the country.

That's a credit to Sumlin that he kept it together, which is the best we could have hoped for, given the time had to recruit.

But for all the RR sycophants who made fun of the Herm Edwards hire, he and the staff he assembled just pulled in a better stable of recruits in 2 months than your boy did in 6 years here. Chew on that.

God riddance...
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

PHXCATS wrote:
btfd16 wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Perfect post
yep
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Don't get me wrong I am so happy we have Sumlin but 2014 UA had the #31 class.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Alpha chiefdom

Post by Alpha chiefdom »

Coach rod will coach power 5 again trust me. The way some of you guys talk about him you would've believed Arizona finished last every year. Lets see if sumlin wins the south before he bolts for a better job.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Harvey Specter wrote:
azcat49 wrote:His last class comes in at #10 in the conference, 11 by some. He can't beat out Herm Edwards for goodness sake. He only has 13 seniors for next year leaving a bottom heavy roster. Sumlin will have to make some tough choices but RR will not be missed
What is comical is that some of those who continued to have their nose firmly planted in his ass until the bitter end pointed to the "momentum in recruiting" he had generated as a reason to keep him around. The class we ended up with is pretty much the one we would have had if RR had been retained, and it is ranked #51 in the country.

That's a credit to Sumlin that he kept it together, which is the best we could have hoped for, given the time had to recruit.

But for all the RR sycophants who made fun of the Herm Edwards hire, he and the staff he assembled just pulled in a better stable of recruits in 2 months than your boy did in 6 years here. Chew on that.

God riddance...
Jeezus. Who fucking cares? He's history.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

jimson wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

God riddance...
So says one of the sheeple who deferred to and defended the asshole who stole ~$20M from my alma mater... and then whined like a little girl because the (real) coach we got did not hire Ricky Hunley - who tried to play the race card when he was passed over for a HC job in which his resume did not even resemble warranting an interview.

Those of us that saw the ****** for what he was were reviled for "not falling in line" by those dogmatic sycophants that did. He fucked up another year of our program and walked away with $6MM he did not deserve.

It chaps my ass... and I know you feel sorry for Rich Bitch because some lowly admin is extorting money you think he earned & deserved. You professed "law & order" types are highly predictable.

I think it is time for you to go & work on Sheriff Joe's senatorial campaign. You must be so excited & proud.

Don't worry... my bitterness will soon pass. In Kevin I trust.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

jimson wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

God riddance...
The University of Arizona got swindled for somewhere between $6 million and $20 million by RichRod, depending on how one looks at it, and this is your response to those who are pissed? Rita got swindled too, as did her kids. Do you think "who fucking cares" should be their attitude too?

I have read your posts on another forum, as well as your constant pining for alumni who are not qualified to coach our football team, so your comment, above, only serves to underscore the fact that you must be really dumb.
jimson

Post by jimson »

Harvey Specter wrote: So says one of the sheeple who deferred to and defended the asshole who stole ~$20M from my alma mater... and then whined like a little girl because the (real) coach we got did not hire Ricky Hunley - who tried to play the race card when he was passed over for a HC job in which his resume did not even resemble warranting an interview.

Those of us that saw the ****** for what he was were reviled for "not falling in line" by those dogmatic sycophants that did. He fucked up another year of our program and walked away with $6MM he did not deserve.

It chaps my ass... and I know you feel sorry for Rich Bitch because some lowly admin is extorting money you think he earned & deserved. You professed "law & order" types are highly predictable.

I think it is time for you to go & work on Sheriff Joe's senatorial campaign. You must be so excited & proud.

Don't worry... my bitterness will soon pass. In Kevin I trust.
LOL you have some issues pal. We all have opinions on what coaches we'd like to see, and I still think it would have been a great move to find a place on staff for Hunley. IDGAF what your opinion on that is.

This "lowly admin" who was fucking his predecessor is suing him and YOUR "alma mater" for an outrageous sum of money by any estimation. If that doesn't pop up some red flags for you then that's your problem, plenty have the same opinion I do.

Still, I think the university should have fired him with cause, and you seem OK with them buying him out for 6 million more.

You are just deluded to think he mackovicked the program. 5 out of 6 winning seasons and a division championship ain't that bad, and I did think there was enough of a rebound from last year that his firing on performance wouldn't have been justified. Things came to light that gave cause for firing him. GOOD.

Should have offered him a fraction of his buyout and told him to go pound sand. If you think that's being a sycophant then you are further deluded.
Harvey Specter wrote:Don't worry... my bitterness will soon pass. In Kevin I trust.
i hope so, the rest of us are fucking sick of hearing it.

Finally, you ought to be suspended for bringing politics to the upper boards. There's a place for that shit and it isn't here.
jimson

Post by jimson »

MrMeow wrote:
The University of Arizona got swindled for somewhere between $6 million and $20 million by RichRod, depending on how one looks at it, and this is your response to those who are pissed? Rita got swindled too, as did her kids. Do you think "who fucking cares" should be their attitude too?

I have read your posts on another forum, as well as your constant pining for alumni who are not qualified to coach our football team, so your comment, above, only serves to underscore the fact that you must be really dumb.
See the above. It's also a damn shame that your ilk cannot disagree with someone without hurling personal insults.

You ought to be suspended too.