Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Coach Rod

Post by PHXCATS »

Few thoughts

1 while RR may not have delivered the results we all wanted he in no way stole money. UA chose to let him go and we are better for it but he in no way stole money
2 RR gave us Tate and Schooler and Taylor and other bright spots. He knew how to get more out of guys than their recruiting rankings suggest and the diamonds that other rankings undervalued
3 keep the politics out of here please
4 some of us, me included at times, need to not get so triggered
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alpha chiefdom wrote:Coach rod will coach power 5 again trust me.
He was fired from both P5 jobs he had, so I wouldn't count on it. I see another mid-major in his future though if he stays coaching. Like Sumlin, RichRod can come in at a discount being they made bank from their prior schools.

But I imagine RichRod will go back to the broadcast booth now that he is set financially for life. His family will push him towards it, instead of 60-80 work weeks he can only work 20 at the most.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
He was fired from both P5 jobs he had, so I wouldn't count on it. I see another mid-major in his future though if he stays coaching. Like Sumlin, RichRod can come in at a discount being they made bank from their prior schools.

But I imagine RichRod will go back to the broadcast booth now that he is set financially for life. His family will push him towards it, instead of 60-80 work weeks he can only work 20 at the most.
Are we talking officially head coach or assistant?

I can see a Saban Dabo or Meyer hiring him as an assistant
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I was thinking HC, but RichRod might be open to a OC position, if he doesn't have to recruit like Casteel didn't have to.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I was thinking HC, but RichRod might be open to a OC position, if he doesn't have to recruit like Casteel didn't have to.

Yeah why would Saban Meyer or Dabo want a Schooler or Tate
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Merkin wrote:

RichRod worked 60 to 80 hours a week? At what, chasing tail?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Yeah why would Saban Meyer or Dabo want a Schooler or Tate
Maybe they needs someone to coach Special Teams? ;)
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I know this was probably a sad attempt at a joke, but in case it isn't, you must not have spent a lot of time around a football team. The student managers alone work 50 hour weeks.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I can definitely see Saban scooping him as an "offensive analyst" a la Sark.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

btfd16 wrote:
MrMeow wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I know this was probably a sad attempt at a joke, but in case it isn't, you must not have spent a lot of time around a football team. The student managers alone work 50 hour weeks.
I am well aware of how hard football personnel *normally* works. RichRod's shitty recruiting, coupled with his extracurricular activities, leaves doubt he worked very hard. I have no evidence, of course, but I suspect he was burned out a long time ago. I also still suspect Michigan was on to something about RichRod that escaped GB, or at least Lloyd Carr was, and was able to get his disingenuous ass out of there.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I'm still waiting to hear from these "plenty of people" who agree with jimson.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Why can't this thread die?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

qwertyus wrote:Why can't this thread die?
Amen. Should only be used for lawsuit news/job news (if that ever happens)
jimson

Post by jimson »

qwertyus wrote:Why can't this thread die?
Bury it with a shovel and bury the shovel.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

fuck all you, ho's
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I wanted to come back and send an apology to this board. In 2015 I started hearing terrible rumors about what a piece of shit Rich Rod was. How he was full of shit and everyone in the athletic department hated him. How high school coaches hated him. How big alums hated him. How he did not really give a shit. I kept some of these things to myself. In the fall of 2016 I heard the terrible news about Zach before the truth came out about his drug issues and how the entire team knew about it and most suspected Rich Rod knew about it too. I heard the same thing about Orlando Bradford that it was known around the team he beat up his girlfriend and the team really did nothing. I had heard it was a long time coming. I heard about rampant drug use on the team with all kinds of drugs ie. It was all bad everything I was hearing. I was literally disgusted.

I was so upset about what I heard about Zach so I posted it and it was quickly deleted by one of the Mods here. The Mod and I had many words in PM and I left this site as it pissed me off the things I knew to be true I could not post on this site. I don’t personally know anyone here as everyone I had once known like Josh, or Ben, or Jim, or Bonney, or SoCalCat, or Barry had long been gone from the site that started on Goazcats and felt it was better to just leave and quit wasting my time here. I have some good connections at U of A and felt upset that someone would take me posting the truth about Zach as trying to inflate my own ego. I was just trying to expose some truth about the program and how poorly Rich Rod was managing it from all aspects.

In hindsight I should have spoken up more and stayed. I should have been like ChiefZona and unwavering because when the truth finally came out it cast a stain over our program that I am hopeful is quickly removed. I am sorry for not giving him any support in his quest against Rich Rod.

Rich Rod is a miserable piece of shit. He actually was worse then what I was told. ChiefZona was right the whole time. The guy is hated at the last three places he coached for numerous reasons. I honestly doubt anyone at this point thinks differently. Good news is basically the whole truth is out there with everything to show Rich Rod's true colors.

I am sorry for leaving and not posting more about what I knew and heard from reliable sources. Probably would not have done any good but who knows. For the first time ever I actively cheered against U of A last season as I hated Rich Rod that much and wanted him fired. I probably do not deserve to post here after that which sucks because I feel like for the first time U of A football is in a great place. Great coach who is a great recruiter who has assembled a strong staff of recruiters with connections in SoCal and Texas and fucking finally building the Indoor practice facility I have always dreamed about. Arizona football feels like its finally on an almost even playing field compared to our PAC 12 competition so now is as good a time as any to get to that Rose Bowl.

I feel terrible for our team having to been coached by Rich Rod the past six years especially past three. I pray he is quickly forgotten but I still hate Mackovic so doubtful.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Good to hear from you Newport. Keep posting! What you say sort of confirms my suspicion that Michigan knew something GB didn't. GB is looking worse by the day (not sure RichRod could look any worse).
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Thanks and trust me GB is not missed by anyone right now in the athletic department. All flash but no substance. Reminds me a lot of Dudek. They both do a great job making you think they are way better at their job then the results show. With GB we should have known better, the guy was a sundevil.

Heeke is actually very well liked and a much better manager and Bobby Robbins has the potential to be the greatest president in the history of our University. Complete stud. Got a chance to meet and talk with him and you literally could not ask for a better president for our athletic department or University especially from a fundraising standpoint. That guy could sell ketchup popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

Anyone know if we mended fences with Arte? Have not heard that
prh

Post by prh »

Welcome back Newport, great to have you back around here.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Good to see you back Newport. Stick around for a while.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’ve to see you Newport! Welcome back and strap in cause the sumlin eras gonna be awesome.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’ve to see you Newport! Welcome back and strap in cause the sumlin eras gonna be awesome.
Thanks guys and calstate maybe sometime we will finally meet up and grab a beer

Hopefully in San Antonio or Pasadena!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Newport.....myself included was treated like shit from moderators, posters, people affiliated with the program and even some of the media. Just know that their credibilities are suffering immensely and that they are the ones eating shit filled crow. Just smile and continue on. Welcome back and kill this thread.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

Good to have you back Johnny Optimist! And Chief, you have been vindicated. Good job to sticking to your guns and speaking the truth!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Newportcat wrote:I wanted to come back and send an apology to this board. In 2015 I started hearing terrible rumors about what a piece of shit Rich Rod was. How he was full of shit and everyone in the athletic department hated him. How high school coaches hated him. How big alums hated him. How he did not really give a shit. I kept some of these things to myself. In the fall of 2016 I heard the terrible news about Zach before the truth came out about his drug issues and how the entire team knew about it and most suspected Rich Rod knew about it too. I heard the same thing about Orlando Bradford that it was known around the team he beat up his girlfriend and the team really did nothing. I had heard it was a long time coming. I heard about rampant drug use on the team with all kinds of drugs ie. It was all bad everything I was hearing. I was literally disgusted.

I was so upset about what I heard about Zach so I posted it and it was quickly deleted by one of the Mods here. The Mod and I had many words in PM and I left this site as it pissed me off the things I knew to be true I could not post on this site. I don’t personally know anyone here as everyone I had once known like Josh, or Ben, or Jim, or Bonney, or SoCalCat, or Barry had long been gone from the site that started on Goazcats and felt it was better to just leave and quit wasting my time here. I have some good connections at U of A and felt upset that someone would take me posting the truth about Zach as trying to inflate my own ego. I was just trying to expose some truth about the program and how poorly Rich Rod was managing it from all aspects.

In hindsight I should have spoken up more and stayed. I should have been like ChiefZona and unwavering because when the truth finally came out it cast a stain over our program that I am hopeful is quickly removed. I am sorry for not giving him any support in his quest against Rich Rod.

Rich Rod is a miserable piece of shit. He actually was worse then what I was told. ChiefZona was right the whole time. The guy is hated at the last three places he coached for numerous reasons. I honestly doubt anyone at this point thinks differently. Good news is basically the whole truth is out there with everything to show Rich Rod's true colors.

I am sorry for leaving and not posting more about what I knew and heard from reliable sources. Probably would not have done any good but who knows. For the first time ever I actively cheered against U of A last season as I hated Rich Rod that much and wanted him fired. I probably do not deserve to post here after that which sucks because I feel like for the first time U of A football is in a great place. Great coach who is a great recruiter who has assembled a strong staff of recruiters with connections in SoCal and Texas and fucking finally building the Indoor practice facility I have always dreamed about. Arizona football feels like its finally on an almost even playing field compared to our PAC 12 competition so now is as good a time as any to get to that Rose Bowl.

I feel terrible for our team having to been coached by Rich Rod the past six years especially past three. I pray he is quickly forgotten but I still hate Mackovic so doubtful.
Great to see you back and outstanding post.

There were a handful of posters who saw RR for what he was from the start and were labeled “haters”... as for the true believing Kool Aide Bridge, never pay any heed to what sheeple think or say.

Bottom line, all’s well that ends well... and I share your optimism with the promise and trajectory of our program with the coach and staff we have in place.

Full steam ahead and welcome back!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

what the fucking fuck

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... op-story-1" target="_blank
Wildcats football players gang-raped female students and staffers, amended lawsuit claims
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

It’s all bad
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Go away rr.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Go away rr.
Fucking seriously

Girl don’t go away mad girl just go away
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

MW is lying about at least one thing. No where in the Hideaway Book does it outline anything regarding Title IX or say it doesn't exist. Everything else seems pretty standard to me.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I'm pretty sure like half of this board called that Saban would be giving him a call.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Rehab. Lol
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Met and had drinks with an assigned coach for UNC tonight,

No way to verify, but he told me it’s well known In the coaching community that RR is a drunk (like black out drunk passing out) and runs around on his wife. This was unsolicited as well... i was wearing my block as hat and he came up to me asked my thoughts on RR.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I saw Rich Rod drunk three sheets to the wind at opening day of Del Mar at the la berge hotel after party in like 2013. Amazing party by the way but was really embarrassed seeing rich rod so liquored up. Guy could barely answer my questions. (Now not sure if it was the right time to discuss the 3-3-5 defense)

Asked around after that night and began hearing he liked the sauce
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Newportcat wrote:I saw Rich Rod drunk three sheets to the wind at opening day of Del Mar at the la berge hotel after party in like 2013.
My favorite day of the year in San Diego. Thats saying a lot.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jeff Casteel was known as RichRod's drinking buddy for quite some time, and why RichRod did not make him recruit and waited too long to fire him.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

TucsonClip wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I saw Rich Rod drunk three sheets to the wind at opening day of Del Mar at the la berge hotel after party in like 2013.
How can it not be....it is like christmas and my birthday mixed with Vegas all rolled into one.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Newportcat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
How can it not be....it is like christmas and my birthday mixed with Vegas all rolled into one.
Not me. Still in San Diego, but I left Del Mar years ago to escape the tourists. I won't go anywhere near the place during racing season, when the infestation is the thickest.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

Say hi to Auercat!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Merkin wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

Say hi to Auercat!
Wow name from the past! Whatever happened to him?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

Say hi to Auercat!
Wow name from the past! Whatever happened to him?

I see him post on FB now and then on some of the UA basketball sites, but really don't know anything about him otherwise.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

My favorite coach to drink with was Ragle. Guy loved his tequila. He was a super fun time.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Coach Rod the worst and Sumlin tied for second worst.. Lay off the Cats ATS.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

btfd16 wrote: Coach Rod the worst and Sumlin tied for second worst.. Lay off the Cats ATS.
Amazing article only because 4 of the worst 5 coaches against the spread have Arizona ties.
5. Sonny Dykes
4. Mark Stoops
Tie at 2. Kevin Sumlin and Dana Holgeson
1. Rich Rod
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Kevin did not meet the expectations of TAM. long term ATS is about expectations. U of A was the worst power 5 in basketball this year ATS for a while

Side note, but not to defend RR, he was 1-11 ATS in 2016. Only win was vs asu. Take that season away and he is average
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Not sure it matters, but wanted to post an update on the lawsuit.

From inside sources (hate when people say that but this is just about as an inside source as you can get). Melissa has dropped the demands for money and wants a job with the university, but the university does not want to settle. She is beginning to blame the whole thing on the first lawyer (I believe it was donor Augie Jimenez if I remember correctly) by saying he tricked her and pressured her to bring this forward. I think the evidence of extortion that RR had was pretty damning.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I am a Kevin Sumlin fan but I really miss Rich Rod and now it looks like UA fucked up bigtime
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote:I am a Kevin Sumlin fan but I really miss Rich Rod and now it looks like UA fucked up bigtime
When Tate was the most exciting player in the nation during the month of October, and the Cats went undefeated that month, they still only drew 42,822 against a ranked WSU team.

Tucson was done with the RichRod era even then.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:I am a Kevin Sumlin fan but I really miss Rich Rod and now it looks like UA fucked up bigtime
When Tate was the most exciting player in the nation during the month of October, and the Cats went undefeated that month, they still only drew 42,822 against a ranked WSU team.

Tucson was done with the RichRod era even then.
Ok cool story. Tucson clearly sucks supporting football. Play to win the game. You think with the fair weather fans UA has they will draw 43k Saturday? RR would have had these games much more competitive. Sometimes doing the right thing is standing by your man