Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Carcassdragger

Re: Coach Rod

Post by Carcassdragger »

PieceOfMeat wrote:FYI Dragger and Cordera:

I'm the mod who deleted both threads in question. If you want to stroke each other's ego (or your own) do it in any one of the threads where you can do so and "make a point" about whatever coach you want.
Dude, really? I wasn't stroking anybody's ego. Don't lower yourself below the level of respect you've earned here. How's that for an ego stroke?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:FYI Dragger and Cordera:

I'm the mod who deleted both threads in question. If you want to stroke each other's ego (or your own) do it in any one of the threads where you can do so and "make a point" about whatever coach you want.
What was your reason? It a football related discussion of a former coach regardless. It was a "Make A Point" discussion. It had nothing to do with whatever coach you want.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Dude, really? I wasn't stroking anybody's ego. Don't lower yourself below the level of respect you've earned here. How's that for an ego stroke?
If you don't like my decision as a mod to remove your thread, feel free to take it up with any other member of the BDW staff. If your post had been inside of any other existing thread I wouldn't have touched it. This board has had a long history (that even goes back before this board, technically) with removing/merging/etc. extraneous threads that should have been posts inside other threads. When you combine that with the fact that your post wasnt about football but instead intended only to laud someone you agree with, you get what you get.

Side note: you and a couple other users keep posting from this IP. It's rather interesting that you all have a similar style of posting as well.
cordera89 wrote: What was your reason? It a football related discussion of a former coach regardless. It was a "Make A Point" discussion. It had nothing to do with whatever coach you want.
If you don't like my decision as a mod to remove your thread, feel free to take it up with any other member of the BDW staff. If your post had been inside of any other existing thread I wouldn't have touched it. This board has had a long history (that even goes back before this board, technically) with removing/merging/etc. extraneous threads that should have been posts inside other threads. When you combine that with the fact that your post was only tangentially about football but instead intended only to talk about yourself(note how many times you said "me" "my" etc in your thread, it was about YOU, not football), you get what you get.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Oh and also, for the record, I'm a very light-handed moderator and rarely delete threads. But if anyone ever has an issue with something I do, please let me or another BDW staff member know. :)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Oh and also, for the record, I'm a very light-handed moderator and rarely delete threads. But if anyone ever has an issue with something I do, please let me or another BDW staff member know. :)

Ok. While I don't have an issue with the moderators and don't even care that my thread was deleted, ( I love this site) I do have an issue with what I think you might be implying with your "side note".

I'm thinking you're accusing me of having more than one identity here. For the record, and excuse my ignorance, but I don't even know what the fuck an "IP" is. Hell, I just figured out how to have an avatar. I'm here because I'm a fan of Arizona football and enjoy the discourse and knowledge I gain from our group. It never occurred to me to take up more than one identity here and have better things to do then use my time on nonsense like that.

And for the record, I do like Cordy's posts. They are hilarious to me and while he's unnecessarily hostile sometimes, it seems to me he is often just striking back at those who can't appreciate that he's passionate, but can't communicate real well because English is not his first language. At least this is what I perceive to be the case.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make this site so enjoyable. I know I can't contribute much and take more than I give, but I'm kinda addicted to this site and check it multiple times daily.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Carcassdragger, I dont want to be rude to you right now, But your third Paragraph?

You might want to leave that alone. I do appreciate that you find my post Hilarious in some way when it really it not, It me speaking my mind on everything.

Then, Unnecessarily Hostile Sometime? trash me, I trash you right back. plain and simple. You dont have to agree with anything. Dont like what being said, Ignore it. It that simple

Then you had to go their. English has been my first and only language i do find that offensive. Dont bother me thou.

But like i said i do appreciate that you like my post.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Crikey
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Orale!!!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I wondered what happened to JesseWildcat.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Raquel works for Goazcats?

blackjacker

Post by blackjacker »

Heeke didn't like RR because he acted like an ass during press conferences, but he went from 3 wins to 7 and probably earned a another year. The allegations against him weren't credible enough to lead to anything but gave Heeke the cover he needed to get rid of him.

So now we got a guy who looks detached all the time and doesn't micro manage the defense and we see what Yates can do with a free hand, which isn't much.

Guess Heeke, Sumlin and Mazzone figured the fan base would be OK with losing for a couple of years while they put their own system in.

Mistake or not?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

blackjacker wrote:Heeke didn't like RR because he acted like an ass during press conferences, but he went from 3 wins to 7 and probably earned a another year. The allegations against him weren't credible enough to lead to anything but gave Heeke the cover he needed to get rid of him.

So now we got a guy who looks detached all the time and doesn't micro manage the defense and we see what Yates can do with a free hand, which isn't much.

Guess Heeke, Sumlin and Mazzone figured the fan base would be OK with losing for a couple of years while they put their own system in.

Mistake or not?
Heeke never gave RR the vote of confidence thru out that entire 2017 season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wants to get back into coaching and take Rhett with him next position.

cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I doubt he'll ever get another opportunity to land a HC position. FBS school between G5 or P5 would take a chance on him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

With $8M in the bank from the UA, you would think he would go back into the broadcast booth. He was quite good at it and only have 20 hour work weeks instead of 80. There was a reason John Madden never went back into coaching.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I don't know what is true and what is not with RR. I can't help to wonder what this season would have been like without the MW sexual harassment accusations. I feel like the team would have been much better with RR but if it accusations are true, then he deserved out be ousted. If they aren't, I wish him luck at Ole Miss.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

UALoco wrote:I don't know what is true and what is not with RR. I can't help to wonder what this season would have been like without the MW sexual harassment accusations. I feel like the team would have been much better with RR but if it accusations are true, then he deserved out be ousted. If they aren't, I wish him luck at Ole Miss.
Isn't the lawyer of the accuser a major U of A donor? Makes you wonder if the boosters had an agenda getting rid of RR. Not sure if he get's the equity in that oil 'bonus' he had been working towards. Looks like Miller will get his.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UALoco wrote:I don't know what is true and what is not with RR. I can't help to wonder what this season would have been like without the MW sexual harassment accusations. I feel like the team would have been much better with RR but if it accusations are true, then he deserved out be ousted. If they aren't, I wish him luck at Ole Miss.
It's my understanding that if it weren't for the scandal he would have been fired immediately following the ASSu game.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

azgreg wrote:
It's my understanding that if it weren't for the scandal he would have been fired immediately following the ASSu game.
I talked to an associate AD of athletics this season and I was told the same. The firing had nothing to do with MW. Which is consistent with them doing the investigation and finding nothing.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
RR wouldn't got fired over that game. What world do you live in.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

btfd16 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
I talked to an associate AD of athletics this season and I was told the same. The firing had nothing to do with MW. Which is consistent with them doing the investigation and finding nothing.
Maybe it because MW refuse to be interview by the school on the allegation she was claim, That why the school found no probable cause against RR. If they fired him base on performance in which they didn't?That would made Heeke and school more stupid than they look. So if MW wasn't the cause, Performance wasn't the cause. What was the real cause. I keep saying their were people in UA that wanted RR gone.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
He was gone regardless of the ASSu outcome and you're a fucking moron.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
He was gone regardless of the ASSu outcome and you're a fucking moron.
AZGreg Your an idiot if that what you rather believe. RR wasn't going to get fired over that one fucking game no matter of the scandal.

You dont fired a HC after he came off one losing season and manage to turn it around with 7 wins season.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cordera89 wrote:AZGreg Your an idiot if that what you rather believe. RR wasn't going to get fired over that one fucking game no matter of the scandal.

You dont fired a HC after he came off one losing season and manage to turn it around with 7 wins season.
God damn you're a fucktard. He wasn't getting fired for that one game. He was getting fires for poor recruiting and Heeke didn't like the direction of the program.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Maybe we would have been better this year with RichRod but in the long run I don’t think that would be the case. His recruiting just wasn’t cutting it. Sumlin pretty much matched him with less than a year on the job. I expect next years to be better. Does that turn in to more wins? I’m not sure but hopefully.

I am interested to see what RichRod does as an OC. I think that is more his lane in P5 football.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RhettRod to Ole Miss?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

catgrad97 wrote:RhettRod to Ole Miss?
Yep, it's official as the OC.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Glad for him. Good luck RichRod. Thank you for bringing a Pac-12 South title. That win against asu in 2014 is the best win in the rivalry.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:

He was asking about Rhett. I haven't heard anything.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

I don't think Rhett is Power 5 good at any team. Can he throw it longer than 20 yard on a straight line?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

Oops, My bad, Carry on. :mrgreen:
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

West Virginia needs a head coach, could Rich Rod be their next coach?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/11 ... 0052895744" target="_blank

Seems so much more loose not being the head man. I think being an OC will fit him better.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Fuck Rich Rod
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote:Fuck Rich Rod
Can we get a mod to put this thread in Arch Rivals?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Merkin wrote:
Newportcat wrote:Fuck Rich Rod
Can we get a mod to put this thread in Arch Rivals?
+1

Or just delete it
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I think we should have castrated him and made him our Offensive Coordinator.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:I think we should have castrated him and made him our Offensive Coordinator.
Hahaha that’s really funny
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Maybe Rita already did. He is an admitted adulterer.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Where are all the job offers for Sumlin? He has to actively seek employment in order to mitigate damages per his UA contract.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:19 pm Where are all the job offers for Sumlin? He has to actively seek employment in order to mitigate damages per his UA contract.
Getting job offers and seeking employment are two different things.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

azgreg wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:30 pm
Why would he take OC job at ULM?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

cordera89 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 pm
azgreg wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:30 pm
Why would he take OC job at ULM?
Guess we know where Rhett is going now to finish his career...
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

AKA Northeast Louisiana University, a directional school, so a good fit for RhettRod. Hope them both great success.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 pm AKA Northeast Louisiana University, a directional school, so a good fit for RhettRod. Hope them both great success.
I cant believe he actually took the job? It good hired for Terry Bowden thou. I mean i be honest WTF was he (RR) thinking.

Best of luck for him because taken over a sun belt football in ULM that went 0-10 2020 season is tough challenge and were still in Covid 19 period.