Graham Fired

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ramcat

Graham Fired

Post by ramcat »

PHXCATS

Re: Graham Fired

Post by PHXCATS »

Maybe Ray Anderson sees it as a half win like I do. Blame refs is what losers do but the block in the back on the punt and Tate injury proved asu won but not the better team to me
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

Please let it be sumlin so we can make fun of the scum carrying pimp canes on the sideline
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And we get stuck with the loser of TC.
ramcat

Post by ramcat »

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

If they had Sumlin lined up then I understand firing a coach that just went 6-3 in conference
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Looks like this was probably in the works regardless of the results of the Territorial Cup.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:Maybe Ray Anderson sees it as a half win like I do. Blame refs is what losers do but the block in the back on the punt and Tate injury proved asu won but not the better team to me
Blaming refs IS what losers do... look in the mirror. RR is standing right beside you, so I am sure you have a big smile on your face.

You are completely full of shit. We were utterly dominated in the 2nd half. DOMINATED. The game was over 6-8 min into the 2nd half when momentum turned and their fans WOKE UP.

That so-called blown call (which was a very close call & completely understandable in real time... the blocked player landed on his BELLY which is typically the best way to gauge a block in the back).

What was the final score? Yeah... that TD would have definitely made the difference.

Your love for RR is apparent... #BirdsOfAFeather
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:Looks like this was probably in the works regardless of the results of the Territorial Cup.
They apparently want to generate excitement, get fans asses in the seats, and win.

That's weird.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:Looks like this was probably in the works regardless of the results of the Territorial Cup.
They apparently want to generate excitement, get fans asses in the seats, and win.

That's weird.
Which we have no desire to do
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Maybe Ray Anderson sees it as a half win like I do. Blame refs is what losers do but the block in the back on the punt and Tate injury proved asu won but not the better team to me
Blaming refs IS what losers do... look in the mirror. RR is standing right beside you, so I am sure you have a big smile on your face.

You are completely full of shit. We were utterly dominated in the 2nd half. DOMINATED. The game was over 6-8 min into the 2nd half when momentum turned and their fans WOKE UP.

That so-called blown call (which was a very close call & completely understandable in real time... the blocked player landed on his BELLY which is typically the best way to gauge a block in the back).

What was the final score? Yeah... that TD would have definitely made the difference.

You clearly don't understand football or basketball. You are brining nothing but personal attacks so goodbye obsessed boy
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote: Removed for brevity.
You clearly don't understand football or basketball. You are brining nothing but personal attacks so goodbye obsessed boy
You just broke my irony meter.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Teach me, Sensei, the ways of a linear thinker.

Only losers blame losses on the refs... but I am going to blame the loss on the refs. :lol:
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Please tell me how I am showing a lack of football or basketball?

Do you think that the game is played the exact same way and every other play is the same with our without that punt return td? Does UA not have all the momentum in the game after Dawkins scores that TD then asu goes 3 and out and then UA scores that TD? Are you sure asu does score when they have to drive the field after losing the lead instead of having a short field?

Who knows how the rest of the game goes? UA could have won, UA could have lost by more possibly. Not blaming the refs. rr made many mistakes. But the game changes dramatically if that play stands and to say well UA lost by 12 so that TD bei called back doesn't matter shows a complete lack of football knowledge.
Last edited by PHXCATS on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Please tell me how I am showing a lack of football or basketball?

Do you think that the game is played the exact same way and every other play is the same with our without that punt return td? Does UA not have all the momentum in the game after Dawkins scores that TD then asu goes 3 and out and then UA scores that TD?
The Dawkins TD run clearly changed the trajectory of the 2nd half, shut their fans up, and turned our team back to its first half form.

Oh wait....

PS - It was a questionable call. If you need to rely on getting a questionable call in your favor to have any chance to win a game, you deserve to lose.

And then blame the refs for the loss. Like losers do.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

84Cat wrote:
My source is fired. I really hope they do not get him... I think that would be a terrific hire.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Considering aTm recruited whoever they wanted from Arizona with sumlin, I wouldn't want him there either, even though he isn't a great in game coach.

TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Too bad the headline isn't Rodriguez fired. I mean come on, yesterday was a complete indictment of the complete failure of Rod's program, save Khalil Tate. And so tired of hearing each year the defense is better than last year, when last year it was simply the worst in the school's 100+ year history; this year it's just like second or third worst of all time. YAY!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

what are you talking about? some of our fans KNOW that our defense is amazing this year. just ask them! yards per play or something or other. and we did improve in the important category this year ppg on defense.

last year we were 117th, this year we finished 109th! that's solid improvement! blah blah yards per play blah blah.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Catsby you must look at a per play average for points and yards.

If team A gives up 400 yards a game but due to their offense scoring quickly plays 90 defensive play a game, they are better than team B who gives up 300 yards a game but plays 55 plays a game.

The defense is improving and is average and the future looks bright on that side of the ball.

The right play this year with everything going on inside the Arizona program and the other openings is to work back channels all offseason with someone like a Scott Frost, and give RR a measure he needs like 9-3 to stay. If he does great year. If not you got your work in with someone else
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:Catsby you must look at a per play average for points and yards.

If team A gives up 400 yards a game but due to their offense scoring quickly plays 90 defensive play a game, they are better than team B who gives up 300 yards a game but plays 55 plays a game.

The defense is improving and is average and the future looks bright on that side of the ball.

The right play this year with everything going on inside the Arizona program and the other openings is to work back channels all offseason with someone like a Scott Frost, and give RR a measure he needs like 9-3 to stay. If he does great year. If not you got your work in with someone else
Everything you just posted is completely meaningless. Points per game allowed.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

this thread doesnt belogn on the main football board, it belongs in the arch rivals section.

moving it there.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

PHXCATS wrote:Catsby you must look at a per play average for points and yards.

No sir, this "yards per play" bs is a laughingstock. You see, if the defense could stop the other team on 3rd down, then they wouldn't be on the field for as many plays. Its pretty simple, right? The defensive statistics are brutal, in all honesty. You know it. The improvement seems like it came in more interceptions, maybe a few more sacks- which is great- but overall they couldn't stop anyone from methodically marching up and down the field. Wasn't ASU like 5/5 or 6/6 in scoring TDs in the red zone yesterday? (Forgive me if I recall incorrectly)

As for Graham being fired, I am surprised as he did have a decent record and a great record vs us- will have to wait and see what their AD has up his sleeve. All of the moves that he has done (prior to the firing) have been good for alienating fans, destroying other sports, etc., so who knows maybe the ASU Mackovic is moving into Tempe. Probably not, though.

One other thought in this rambling post- I think RR needs to grow the heck up in his press conferences after losses- he is not showing leadership skills, and providing rich recruiting fodder to his rivals. He has another year or two and needs to understand that he also needs to improve in all facets of leading the program.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Talking to a few ASU alumni, their take is that Graham was lucky this year. Played both Oregon & UA without their QB's at full strength. Take those 2 wins away and they are tied for 4th in the south with a overall record of 5-7. I still think it's a stupid move unless you have a better coach lined up before hand. That is a chunk of change to pay out if you don't have a plan in place
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Funny how ASU & UA both performed above preseason expectations but Utah and Colorado slumped terribly yet no noise about their coaches being fired.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well Colorado won the division last year and Utah has had their coach for 13 years and had 3 9+ win seasons in the last 4 years. If both do as bad next year as this year then they'll be on the hot seat. RR has done a lot more to be put on the hot seat than their coaches have lately.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

How about Bret Bielma or Mack Brown at ASU? Ha. Bret Bielema is right up ASU alley.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
cpt

Post by cpt »

This is why ASU fans are delusional: they think they are elite and they aren't. Whoever they hire will settle into 7-5 seasons regularly and then they will fire them and do the whole thing over again. For the record, I am not delusional about Arizona football. We are not elite and we won't be no matter what. I say choose stability and work with RR to give the most we can.

"The Volunteers aren't the only FBS program with an inflated ego. Arizona State fired coach Todd Graham on Sunday morning, one day after the Sun Devils beat rival Arizona 42-30 to finish 7-5. Graham went 46-31 in six seasons.

"We have been average," ASU athletic director Ray Anderson said Sunday. "Seven and five and second place in a riddled Pac-12 South is not our aspiration. We deserve more."

The Sun Devils, if you believe widespread speculation, might now be on the verge of hiring another coach who was fired Sunday, one day after his team lost five games -- for the fourth straight season."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... eg-schiano" target="_blank
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Want a good laugh, my devil colleague says Anderson will announce Tony Dungy within the next week with Les Miles as the fall back guy :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Wow, that's as delusional as Tennessee thinking they're getting Gruden.

Seriously, anyone the age of those two - Dungy or Miles - knows their best coaching days are behind them and is just taking the ASU job as a preliminary form of retirement, a la Dennis Erickson. Think of that older office employee who refuses be talked into full retirement so management moves him into a smaller office and assigns them just enough work to keep them minimally accountable but never anything high profile enough to screw things up on a noticeable scale. That's basically taking the ASU job from a national perspective.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

:lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I mean, sure.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ok
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Does he play to win the game?!
Formerly McLurvin
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Is John Mackovic no longer available?

I mean, if you want a TV analyst who was a fired NFL head coach, well, at least Mackovic was COY in 3 different college conferences.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am praying this is true. It'd make shit entertaining to say the least.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Anderson wants an NFL guy. His comment about the lack of NFL talent speaks to his goal of who he wants to bring in along with his former ties to the league
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Born in April 1954, would be 64 before next season begins.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Please let this happen, please...please!!
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Last time Herm Edwards was a coach, recruits were 9 years old.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s 2017, right?

Not 2007?

Just want to make sure because I smoke a lot of weed and it’s definitely possible I dreamed the last decade of Herm reading a TelePrompTer badly.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Lovie Smith at Illinois..
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

UofAlum05 wrote:
I am hoping this is true. Please lord.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Who in the world would want to go play for a boring, grating, moralizing blowhard like Herm Edwards? Or Tony Dungy, for that matter.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

ASU grad on ESPN likes the idea of Edwards for HC. Note the bolded parts below:
Philip Tortora
I am an Arizona State grad and am intrigued by Herm Edwards. While Kevin Sumlin has been my top choice, I am certainly open to the Edwards possibility.There is no doubt Herm brings the knowledge and passion necessary for ASU to win big under him. My concern however, is that he will be 64 at the start of next season.

I think to make this work, ASU needs to give Edwards all the resources necessary to recruit Southern California and go head-to-head with USC, UCLA and Stanford in getting the state’s best players. That means getting Edwards an office, living space and automobile in the LA area so that he can spend as much time there as possible.

Tempe is reasonably close to Los Angeles, but how many times a year can we expect the coach and his staff to fly there to recruit? Let’s make it as easy as possible for Edwards to recruit SoCal, then I’d be game. I'm pretty sure he can attract elite players.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Anderson is supposedly close with Edwards. I think he's hired unless there is a huge backlash leading up to the interview.