Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AzCatFan2

Re: Jedd Fisch- Traveling Used Car Salesman / Coach For Hire

Post by AzCatFan2 »

By my count, if you include the interim stint at UCLA, Fisch is something like 10-22 when he doesn't have Fifita as his QB. And he had Rosen at UCLA, and JDL for 1.5 years at Arizona. It's not like these guys are QBs lacking talent, like the guys we had in year 1.

And often times, the QB helps make the coach. Bellichick's record without Brady? 83-104.

Hiring Fisch based on one successful year was a gamble. Winning an average of 8 games a year gets you a statue in Tucson. Will that be acceptable in Seattle? And can Fisch find another Fifita? All things TBD, but success is not guaranteed in my opinion. Had Fisch stayed, greater chance at prolonged success, but I understand he had millions of dollars, er I mean reasons to leave.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep the old QB argument. Has some merit but he still recruited better than any coach in AZ history and he will do good things at UDub.

The Dawgs are not that far removed from sucking balls so I think coming off a playoff run the heat won’t turn up on Fisch for three years at least. With the portal and his te riots he will get 9 wins by year three. Beating a heavy dose of B1G has beens and getting the occasional win over USC or Oregon.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:07 am Yep the old QB argument. Has some merit but he still recruited better than any coach in AZ history and he will do good things at UDub.

The Dawgs are not that far removed from sucking balls so I think coming off a playoff run the heat won’t turn up on Fisch for three years at least. With the portal and his te riots he will get 9 wins by year three. Beating a heavy dose of B1G has beens and getting the occasional win over USC or Oregon.
"Without good recruiting, I am nothing"- Nick Saban to his new A.D. right after being hired at Alabama.

Fisch gets this and is already doing a great job getting his previously committed guys from the portal and going after others. On top of this, he's a great coach. Washington is going to remain a great program and maybe improve-until he abruptly leaves his players and program high and dry.

I sure hope Brennan gets that recruiting, recruiting, and recruiting are of primary importance for winning. So far, I'm.....underwhelmed.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Brennan may prefer a lower-key approach to recruiting than the social media blitz Fisch used. Presumably, potential starters Quali Conley and Tre Smith from SJSU are enrolled at Arizona, but I don't recall any formal announcements. Maybe they don't have that kind of thing organized yet, but Fisch did some of it himself. Per Scheer, we may have some stuff going on this week, but while high school recruits are great, we just got raided on defense. Maybe Brennan wasn't in a position to have success with the portal and never went big with it at San Jose, but he'd better learn to do it here. I agree that priorities 1, 2, and 3 (and maybe additional numbers) are recruiting.
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:07 pm Brennan may prefer a lower-key approach to recruiting than the social media blitz Fisch used. Presumably, potential starters Quali Conley and Tre Smith from SJSU are enrolled at Arizona, but I don't recall any formal announcements. Maybe they don't have that kind of thing organized yet, but Fisch did some of it himself. Per Scheer, we may have some stuff going on this week, but while high school recruits are great, we just got raided on defense. Maybe Brennan wasn't in a position to have success with the portal and never went big with it at San Jose, but he'd better learn to do it here. I agree that priorities 1, 2, and 3 (and maybe additional numbers) are recruiting.
Low key recruiting in the current era couldn't be a more wrong approach, so I hope Brennan isn't that type of recruiter. In the Social Media age "loud" recruiting and consistent positive display of program are prerequisites for recruiting success. If Brennan can't achieve that on at least a similar level as Fisch we might as well get use to a-lot of Armpit Bowl appearances in the future.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:47 pmSo far, I'm.....underwhelmed.
Yeah, we know. You’ve mentioned it a time or two … per hour.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

UW hiring Fisch is a risk because the jury is still out on whether or not he can truly build a team and sustain it over time? Or, if Fifita lightning in a bottle, and something Fisch can't easily duplicate. Remember, even with Rosen and JDL at QB, Fisch is a sub .500 coach. And as the saying goes, the only thing harder than climbing to the top? Staying there.

As for Brennan, he's a Tomey disciple. Tomey was never about flash. Maybe Brennan can offer an alternatives to the Primes of the world to the right kids and make it work? Only time will tell on both fronts.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just no pooch punts or QB draws on 3rd and long.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

:lol:
Mike Luke's burner account.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Heard his kids were in tears when they told them they were moving. Didn’t even blink when considering their feelings about yet another move. Bet those kids are loving the dark skies and the rain daily
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm Heard his kids were in tears when they told them they were moving. Didn’t even blink when considering their feelings about yet another move. Bet those kids are loving the dark skies and the rain daily

His kids are basically Army brats at this point so you think they’d be used to it, but moving is incredibly difficult on children.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep, being an Air Force kid who moved every year from 1-10 years of age I understand you have to suck it up, but that’s the service. At some point you have to think of the family and not the next rung on the ladder.

Of course a lot of the parenting would fall on Amber, his wife. But after meeting her once I can tell you she is more then all right with hubby grabbing for that next rung
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

I liked Fisch as our coach, and am still very bummed that he left. The players liked him, and played for him. I just wonder what our record would have been had JDL not gotten injured. His injury is the only reason Fifita saw the field, and we all know how that worked out.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I said when he was hired by Washington it was a gamble on their part to hire a coach with a losing record and one great season. He has a really good offensive approach but the reason we improved our win total had as much or more to do with our defensive progress. Time will tell but I appreciate this accomplishments while at Arizona while also recognizing his dishonesty in what motivated him.
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

Had fun with copilot today
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Fisch explains reason for leaving AZ

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/2024/2/12 ... nt-brennan
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Translation: They said Do you want a blow job. I always want a blow job. I said yes. Period. Full stop.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

If you're not 100% committed, don't say you are
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

"I'm 100% committed to the blow job"

- Jedd "Nicky Augustine" Fisch
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

He is gone. Who cares anymore?

Brennan needs our support
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

This is the arch rivals board.

In any event, most of us, if not all, want him to fail, and fail badly.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

loser energy
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pmloser energy
Like posting in a thread you care nothing about?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Merkin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:39 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pmloser energy
Like posting in a thread you care nothing about?
:lol: ain't that the truth
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Burn in hell Jedd after the skullfucking the B1G will be giving you.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Must Read.

WOW......looks like Jedd is in new waters now.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-wa ... 51622.html
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I heard Mike and Brad talk about Jedd called a player while he was in a meeting with the UofA coaches. The player answered and put Jedd on speaker phone. The coaches spoke. Does anyone know what player that was and who the coaches were?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner