Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Re: Colorado

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sounds like a vote of no confidence.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Dorrell is gone after this year. They are in a hole almost as deep as we are/were.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Im calling it now, Dorrell will be fired after the Arizona game. Even with $11.3 million buyout. Just not sure they will want to save 3 ish million to wait till December.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Never hire a head coach that was fired for losing.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 pm Never hire a head coach that was fired for losing.
We should know...
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Through three blowout losses to TCU, Air Force, and Minnesota to start the season, Colorado ranks 127th in total offense (245 yds/game) and 119th in total defense (452 yds allowed/game).
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Jesus Fucking Christ. They are worse than we were last year.

They’re at the bottom of the barrel.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good because we owe them an a$$ kicking
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:06 pm Through three blowout losses to TCU, Air Force, and Minnesota to start the season, Colorado ranks 127th in total offense (245 yds/game) and 119th in total defense (452 yds allowed/game).
Is that good? Asking for a friend.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Colorado game will be a 6:30 kickoff, as God meant it to be.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

And it starts.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

"Commit" is such a strong word for something so far in the future. When he signs, then he is committed.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Deion is going to bring in a lot of marquee players. We should just get used to it.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Did you see the money also? Colorado even said they had no idea where the money was coming from to pay him.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

^
^
^
After this was stated plenty of speculation ensued as to where this game might be played. At a nuetral site - LA, Vegas, or Glendale? If ASU doesn't want to give up a home game kickoff will have to be a 7PM late start in Tempe to avoid the worst of the August heat/sun. Late enough (10PM EST) to defeat the purpose of a having a zero week game the rest of the nation can watch at a reasonable hour.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

F*ck Prime & F*ck ASU.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I guess I just don’t get the allure of Sanders. Great player but hasn’t proven anything as a P5 coach. Maybe that’s the intrigue? To me it’s still CU vs the Scum
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

It was fun while the hope lasted - NCAA denied the waiver request to move an ASU/Colorado matchup to Zero Week:
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Should Deion Sanders prove to be more hype than delivery, he's at least already making Colorado's athletic department a lot of $$$
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Boulder spring game attendance of 47k.

CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I was told that Deion wouldn’t be able to sell Colorado football to recruits. Looks like at least the fans are buying in which is the best first step.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is amazing. Well done CU fans. They love their football.

I thought our almost 24k in the sun was pretty impressive as well. If they moved it to the evening I think we could have had 35k
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

It was also televised by ESPN which also seems to have some sort of stake in Deion.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

So, one of the standouts in that game entered the transfer portal today
Colorado wide receiver enters transfer portal after big spring game

Montana Lemonious-Craig hauled in 3 receptions for 154 yards and 2 TDs in Colorado’s spring game

Colorado wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig entered the transfer portal just one day after putting on a big performance in front of a packed crowd in the Buffalo’s spring game over the weekend.

The third-year wideout posted a lengthy goodbye to his Twitter Sunday after recording three receptions for 154 yards and two touchdowns in Colorado’s spring game.

"During the course of my time at the University of Colorado, I have been fortunate to cross paths with many remarkable individuals who have played a significant role in my journey.," Lemonious-Craig wrote in his statement.

"... I am truly grateful for each and every person who has contributed to my college experience. I am particularly thankful for the sincere people I have had the pleasure of meeting during my time at the University of Colorado. The warmth and kindness that I have experienced from the faculty, staff, and fellow students has made my time here truly special."

Lemonious-Craig played three seasons in Colorado, totaling 34 receptions for 497 yards and five touchdowns. His best season came in 2022 when he hauled in 23 catches for 359 yards and three touchdowns in eleven games.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:48 am So, one of the standouts in that game entered the transfer portal today
Colorado wide receiver enters transfer portal after big spring game

Montana Lemonious-Craig hauled in 3 receptions for 154 yards and 2 TDs in Colorado’s spring game

Colorado wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig entered the transfer portal just one day after putting on a big performance in front of a packed crowd in the Buffalo’s spring game over the weekend.

The third-year wideout posted a lengthy goodbye to his Twitter Sunday after recording three receptions for 154 yards and two touchdowns in Colorado’s spring game.

"During the course of my time at the University of Colorado, I have been fortunate to cross paths with many remarkable individuals who have played a significant role in my journey.," Lemonious-Craig wrote in his statement.

"... I am truly grateful for each and every person who has contributed to my college experience. I am particularly thankful for the sincere people I have had the pleasure of meeting during my time at the University of Colorado. The warmth and kindness that I have experienced from the faculty, staff, and fellow students has made my time here truly special."

Lemonious-Craig played three seasons in Colorado, totaling 34 receptions for 497 yards and five touchdowns. His best season came in 2022 when he hauled in 23 catches for 359 yards and three touchdowns in eleven games.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Did something happen at Colorado?

I don't understand the sudden exodus
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think it’s Prime just purging the talent or lack there of in most cases
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Alieberman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm Did something happen at Colorado?

I don't understand the sudden exodus
"Exodus", indeed... Not highly-rated recruits when they arrived in Boulder.
Here's a look at the players who have entered the portal so far, according to the 247Sports transfer portal tracker:

OL Jackson Anderson: A 6-foot-4, 295-pounder from Mineola, Texas, Anderson redshirted in 2021 and wasn't a contributor in 2022. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2021.

DL Aaron Austin: The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder was a three star prospect in the Class of 2022 out of Fort Worth, Texas.

LB Shakaun Bowser: The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder from Queen Creek, Arizona, didn't record any stats last year. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2022.

LB Devin Grant: The 6-foot-3, 260-pound sophomore has played in 15 games and started two during his three seasons with the program. He had 14 tackles and two tackles for loss in 2022 and was expected to contend for playing time in 2023.

OL Alex Harkey: The 6-foot-6, 305-pounder played one season at Colorado after transferring from Tyler (Texas) Junior College.

WR Montana Lemonious-Craig: The superstar from the spring game is one of the highest-profile departures from the roster. He is already receiving offers from FBS programs according to his Twitter account.

CB Jason Oliver Jr: The rising sophomore defensive back had 11 tackles in 2022 -- mostly as a reserve and on special teams. The 6-foot, 175-pounder wasn't expected to see much action in 2023.

WR Grant Page: A 6-foot-3, 200-pound rising redshirt freshman who was an option for rotational snaps. He played in two games in 2022.

DB Oakie Salave'a: Salave'a is a 6-foot-4, 220-pound rising redshirt freshman came to Colorado as a three-star athlete in the Class of 2022. He did not record any stats as a true freshman.

LB Aubrey Smith: Smith had eight tackles and one sack as a true freshman. He was a three-star prospect in the Class of Buford (Georgia) High School.

DB Xavier Smith: The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder from metro Atlanta signed as a three-star prospect in the Class of 2022. The speedster was the Georgia Region 4-AAAAAA Player of The Year in 2021.

RB Deion Smith: Smith was a three-star prospect in the Class of 2018 out of Houston.

WR Chase Sowell: Sowell entered the portal on Saturday. The rising redshirt freshman had two catches for 23 yards in three games last year, and was expected to contend for playing time in 2023.

DB Tyrin Taylor: The rising junior had 26 tackles and one interception last season. He was expected to contend for playing time as a starter for the Buffaloes prior to entering the portal.

WR Jordyn Tyson: The leading receiver from last season was a three-star prospect prior to his success with the Buffaloes in 2022.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

A 230 lb d-lineman? Rado must have beaten us out for him.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Makes you feel great about how Fisch and staff handled things. Most stayed in that first year and they gave those kids their practice film do they could use it
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Read 51 in the portal already earlier.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

That’s because it’s not an amateur sport. It never really was. We just pretended it was by making it difficult for players to go where they wanted once a school gave them a scholarship. But it was never difficult for programs to get rid of players.

As for Colorado, people may not like the turnover but they hired Sanders to turn them around from the absolute shit show they were. They had no size, less speed, and very little in the way of P5 talent. By the start of the 2024 season I bet no one will be talking about The Purge.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:41 pm
The more I see the more it confirms t o me what an egotistical prick Sanders is. That's a real shitty way to treat kids who agreed to come play for your school and are caught up in a bad circumstance. Fuck Sanders and fuck Colorado.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Really enjoyed watching Nate play both revenue sports.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Prime Time Dickhead
Deion Sanders Not Happy With Players Who Didn’t Join in Colorado Practice Fight

Wilton Jackson

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... cHoofYSowc

Colorado coach Deion Sanders takes great pride in his players being smart, tough, fast, disciplined and having strong character.

However, when a fight breaks out among players in practice, he believes players should stick up for their teammates, especially if the player directly involved in the fight is a key contributor to the team. When a fight broke out during the Buffaloes practice session on Tuesday, Sanders was not thrilled when he saw two of his players “walk off the field” to avoid the scuffle.

“He just fought. I saw two of y’all walking off over there and you got a teammate fighting. Where they do that at?! Where they do that at?!” Sanders said in a video posted to YouTube by his family’s Well Off Media account. “If one fight, we all fight! You understand that? I don’t wanna see y’all walking off when somebody’s fighting. Never again!.”

Sanders’s reaction to his teammates who elected to not fight does not come as a surprise. A few days ago, the Hall of Fame shared his thoughts on the culture of the program, indicating that he wants to win over everything else, and does not put much emphasis on whether his players “like each other.”

While Sanders has previously indicated that his players are friendly, one thing is certain: if a fight breaks out, Colorado players are expected to defend their teammates, not to bypass the fight and walk off the field.

― Kinky Friedman
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not a fan of neon Deon
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

F that guy
-JB
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

A real dick. I hope Colorado loses every one of their games. Coach prime, my ass.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He’s definitely trying to establish a culture!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Coming from a guy who threw water on Tim McCarver and then ran away.

He’s a dick with ears…
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... =7#image=1

Everyone's Making Same Joke About Colorado's Football Stadium

While the Buffaloes have added some serious talent to the roster, they've made some impressive improvements to the rest of the program, as well.

Perhaps the video board should be upgraded, though...

Fans are joking that Colorado's big board at Folsom Field has Michael Scott television vibes.

It's hard to not think to the classic Michael Scott dinner party scene from 'The Office.'

That's a small video board, to be sure...

2:40 mark

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

pc in NM wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:04 am Prime Time Dickhead
Deion Sanders Not Happy With Players Who Didn’t Join in Colorado Practice Fight

Wilton Jackson

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... cHoofYSowc

Colorado coach Deion Sanders takes great pride in his players being smart, tough, fast, disciplined and having strong character.

However, when a fight breaks out among players in practice, he believes players should stick up for their teammates, especially if the player directly involved in the fight is a key contributor to the team. When a fight broke out during the Buffaloes practice session on Tuesday, Sanders was not thrilled when he saw two of his players “walk off the field” to avoid the scuffle.

“He just fought. I saw two of y’all walking off over there and you got a teammate fighting. Where they do that at?! Where they do that at?!” Sanders said in a video posted to YouTube by his family’s Well Off Media account. “If one fight, we all fight! You understand that? I don’t wanna see y’all walking off when somebody’s fighting. Never again!.”

Sanders’s reaction to his teammates who elected to not fight does not come as a surprise. A few days ago, the Hall of Fame shared his thoughts on the culture of the program, indicating that he wants to win over everything else, and does not put much emphasis on whether his players “like each other.”

While Sanders has previously indicated that his players are friendly, one thing is certain: if a fight breaks out, Colorado players are expected to defend their teammates, not to bypass the fight and walk off the field.
This is from a guy who spent his entire career avoiding contact.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Deion isn't just luring college football fans to watch a Colorado game or two; ratings this high are drawn from across casual sports viewers wanting in on witnessing Prime Time:
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Quack Quack.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

That big rush of wind that you are hearing is the air rapidly escaping the Colorado grossly over inflated balloon.