Colorado

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Siempre Verde

Re: Colorado

Post by Siempre Verde »

I hate the quackers, but I am enjoying watching Rado show us who they really are.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Their OLine is terrible, at least against teams with a capable defensive front. Think they have 19 yards of total offense in the first half.

Won’t get much easier as they have USC next week. At least it’s at home
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:25 pm Their OLine is terrible, at least against teams with a capable defensive front. Think they have 19 yards of total offense in the first half.

Won’t get much easier as they have USC next week. At least it’s at home
they've already given up 19 sacks this year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coming back down to earth can often involve a sudden catastrophic meeting with the ground.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Colorado was exposed in the trenches last week against CSU. Now everybody's gonna try to hang 70 on them after all the early season "Prime" craze.
Last edited by Macho Grande on Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You stay classy Boulder.

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just found out my boss’s brother-in-law is the OC at ‘Rado. Now I’ve gotta meet him and hear some Deion stories.

Funny enough I have the chance to do just that this weekend. We’ll both be in Denver on business and she’s meeting with them Sunday. Might have to finagle my way into brunch or something.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:09 am Just found out my boss’s brother-in-law is the OC at ‘Rado. Now I’ve gotta meet him and hear some Deion stories.

Funny enough I have the chance to do just that this weekend. We’ll both be in Denver on business and she’s meeting with them Sunday. Might have to finagle my way into brunch or something.
Hope you can work that out - would love to hear that story!

Oh and just don't order the "duck" for brunch...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

HWCU :lol:
-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Prime is gonna leave that program in shambles when he splits.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

wyo-cat wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:14 am Prime is gonna leave that program in shambles when he splits.
You got that right. I would not be shocked to see 70% + of the team hit the transfer portal when Deion departs
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

The media and one upset at the beginning of the year made Prime's team a star. Granted they have a couple of really good players but no where near the hype.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheCat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 am The media and one upset at the beginning of the year made Prime's team a star. Granted they have a couple of really good players but no where near the hype.
Conversely, they had a team last year that was just as bad as our 2020/2021 teams and he’s had them in pretty much every game except Oregon and they so far have a winning record. Maybe he also deserves some credit outside of whatever you may think of the hype around him.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:26 am
TheCat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 am The media and one upset at the beginning of the year made Prime's team a star. Granted they have a couple of really good players but no where near the hype.
Conversely, they had a team last year that was just as bad as our 2020/2021 teams and he’s had them in pretty much every game except Oregon and they so far have a winning record. Maybe he also deserves some credit outside of whatever you may think of the hype around him.
I will give the new portal system credit to allow him to basically dump the old team and bring in a new one. It’s not like he coached up a shitty team from the previous year.

He’d done what any other coach would have done with the same players.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:04 pm
I will give the new portal system credit to allow him to basically dump the old team and bring in a new one. It’s not like he coached up a shitty team from the previous year.

So you’re giving him credit for improving Colorado. I know that probably doesn’t sit well, but you’re agreeing with me.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:30 pm

So you’re giving him credit for improving Colorado. I know that probably doesn’t sit well, but you’re agreeing with me.
He certainly has. Just like Ange has improved Spurs. But similarly they will end up as they always do - trophyless.

😆😝
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:30 pm

No one is arguing that they are better they are. His kids alone make that a better team. That is not the hype that was getting entertainment stars and multiple ESPN visit there. I think he has done an admiral job but having a couple of his players sitting in the front row at the Nuggets game is a bit much for a team that is barely 500. Hype has outweighed the results.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

TheCat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:35 am The media and one upset at the beginning of the year made Prime's team a star.

September was the month of Prime
October is the month of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

November has a lot to live up to. How about the month of Sean McDermott getting busted with Bills Cheerleaders in the Medical Tents during a game?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I don't think he will get them before our game.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sanders demoted his OC and upgraded the Quality Control guy to play calling before the last game.

This experiment is not going to work. He seriously damaged his ability to find a good replacement next year. Why take the risk of joining his staff.

I would say “their staff” but there is no “we” or “us” with them. It’s all about Sanders.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

wyo-cat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:14 am Sanders demoted his OC and upgraded the Quality Control guy to play calling before the last game.

This experiment is not going to work. He seriously damaged his ability to find a good replacement next year. Why take the risk of joining his staff.

I would say “their staff” but there is no “we” or “us” with them. It’s all about Sanders.
The OC is my coworker’s brother-in-law.

His family thought Deion didn’t do shit to defend him earlier in the season, which was particularly shitty because he gave up a HC gig to join him at Colorado. I can’t imagine what he’s feeling now.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What’s wrong with their play calling. Team has been pretty good given their OLine sucks balls and their defense blows.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Winning in college football for a full year requires depth. Not a shock that even with the influx of talent in Boulder, there are some serious weak positions with little to no depth. We lost Wiley for a few games this year and didn't miss a beat because of the guys we had in the RB room. Colorado isn't there yet that they could lose a top guy and see no drop off with the next guy up. If Deion stays a few years, maybe, depending on how well he recruits and coaches up players. I wouldn't bet against him.

The issue with Colorado was over hype based on the early wins. And Deion, being the ultimate showman, lavished the attention. Had he said it's year 1, and it's a long season, the predictable drop off when injuries start to take hold wouldn't have looked that bad. But Deion being who he is thought Colorado could play for a PAC Championship and NC in his first year!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:34 am What’s wrong with their play calling. Team has been pretty good given their OLine sucks balls and their defense blows.
The complaints I’ve seen are that the offense scores too much too quickly and doesn’t have long sustained drives that keep the dogshit defense off the field.

Yes, it’s just that dumb.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Leading up to yesterday's Colorado-Arizona game, Shedeur Sanders had his Rolls-Royce booted by Campus patrol. A few of the headlines value his vehicle at $400k. My goodness (!) - a six figure ride hideously looking like a hearse! Something Vampira would drive around 1950s Bel Aire.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Nice parking job.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I listened to Prime’s post game presser. He did not give Arizona any credit whatsoever. In fact, he never even mentioned our name. Colorado could have been playing Slippery Rock if you didn’t know better.

Said his team was close and just doesn’t know how to win, which everyone can agree with. Also said if you watched the game Colorado was the better team.

If you listen to Fisch’s post game conference he praises the Buffs all over the place.

2 different styles I suppose…
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I used to work for a mid size university. The PD have non-ELO parking officers drive around constantly. Parking fines are a huge revenue source, and I mean huge.

Some Buff fans said it was because CU is playing poorly, but I imagine very few parking officers would let that slide in the best if situations.

Getting a boot on your vehicle means you have multiple parking violations that haven't been paid.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Merkin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:16 pm I used to work for a mid size university. The PD have non-ELO parking officers drive around constantly. Parking fines are a huge revenue source, and I mean huge.

Some Buff fans said it was because CU is playing poorly, but I imagine very few parking officers would let that slide in the best if situations.

Getting a boot on your vehicle means you have multiple parking violations that haven't been paid.
400k ride but can't pay the parking tickets? Lmao
Mike Luke's burner account.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Above simple rules. Nice.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Merkin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:16 pm I used to work for a mid size university. The PD have non-ELO parking officers drive around constantly. Parking fines are a huge revenue source, and I mean huge.

PTS is exactly the same at the U. I’ve seen them boot cars. They do it all the time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:40 am
That has to be the Sickos play of the year.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Isn't that a penalty for two forward passes on the same play? (A la Nick Foles)
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That's what the audio said, the penalty was declined.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Fran Tarkington did it and they made a rule up afterwards.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Another team $hit the bed after playing us. Either our game plans are golden or we are so physical they don’t have enough recovery time. Maybe a bit of both
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Breaking teams.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Oh shit
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame
-JB
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

They just lost another qb commit
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame.
-JB
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Too bad.
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

2 in 1 day!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame.

-JB