Conference Realignment

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Conference Realignment

Post by azcat49 »

With this next TV contract you can bet that/those networks will lock the teams in for the extent of the contract. It’s now or hold your breath for a period

Would be interesting to hear how Oregon reacted to the no thanks in joining the B1G. They are probably not used to getting many no’s with Uncle Phil and his money behind them. Also wonder if they tried to buy their way in?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Really need a Pac 12/Big 12/ACC super conference. It is the only option to prevent the Big 10 and SEC from continuing to pillage more teams and destroying conferences. Of course TV deals and power will be major obstacles to this idea ever having a shot. Not to mention the outside shot we wouldn't be included in this super conference.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:59 am
RondaeShimmy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:48 am We have to get out now to the big 12 and force they're hands, else we'll be fucked even more in a couple years from now when they try to bolt again
That has to be on the top of Robbin's and Heeke's mind. UA will end up in some reformed WAC with WSU/ntOSU if UO/UW go to the Big 12 with Utah/Colorado.

Doesn't help that ASU wants to stay in the PAC though.
If we stay in this sinking ship because of ASU and Crowe, I might lose it
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azcat49 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:11 am Would be interesting to hear how Oregon reacted to the no thanks in joining the B1G. They are probably not used to getting many no’s with Uncle Phil and his money behind them. Also wonder if they tried to buy their way in?
Oregon isn't worth it for the Big Ten because they are TOO competitive. To quote an Ohio State poster from a separate message board:

"They don't bring significant TV markets nor do they bring any new recruiting grounds that the B1G didn't already gain by adding UCLA/USC. But, they're good enough to challenge the established powers of the B1G and beat them on the field. They're 4-0 in games aginst the B1G over the last 5 years. Why add a potential loss for your top teams and a very likely loss for the bottom 2/3 of your conference, if it's not bringing in any incremental TV dollars and it's not opening up new recruiting grounds?

"This is just my personal take. If I'm the B1G commissioner, or the AD at Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin... I'd have NO desire to see them entering my conference.

"I've also heard the rumor that the LA schools actually don't want the B1G to invite Oregon, because the Ducks have been too successful in recruiting Southern California and this is their opportunity to cut them off at the knees. But that sounds mostly like just typical internet rumor mill BS.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It’s time to, in the great words of Martin, get a steppin’

Change or die.

Arizona in big12 is a better short term solution than whatever bullshit the pac12 is cooking up.

I want home and homes with Kansas and Baylor in BB

And crazy traveling fanbases at arizona stadium.

Personally I’m miss out of Bay Area cats games but fuck it, it’s for the good of the school
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That poster is correct. If sc and ucla wanted them in, they’d be in.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

I say hitch our wagons to Oregon and UW for as long as we can. To be honest, there is nothing in the BIG 12 that is better than these schools. If the BIG 12 want to add the 6 PAC schools including Oregon and UW, then we jump. But to do so without these two, and we're leaving two of the better looking girls and settling for an average to poor looking group, just so we can feel accepted. No need to settle until Oregon and UW leave us, assuming they do. From the looks of it, that's not happening any time soon, as the BIG 10 has told them no for the time being.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 am I say hitch our wagons to Oregon and UW for as long as we can. To be honest, there is nothing in the BIG 12 that is better than these schools. If the BIG 12 want to add the 6 PAC schools including Oregon and UW, then we jump. But to do so without these two, and we're leaving two of the better looking girls and settling for an average to poor looking group, just so we can feel accepted. No need to settle until Oregon and UW leave us, assuming they do. From the looks of it, that's not happening any time soon, as the BIG 10 has told them no for the time being.
Hitch our wagons to two schools who will leave us high and dry immediately or force them to join us in a more stable situation in the Big 12 until they inevitably get their call up to the B1G. HMMMMMMMMMM......

I wonder which is a better tactical decision for the 4 corner schools?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Yeah fuck Oregon and Uncle Phil.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:30 am
AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 am I say hitch our wagons to Oregon and UW for as long as we can. To be honest, there is nothing in the BIG 12 that is better than these schools. If the BIG 12 want to add the 6 PAC schools including Oregon and UW, then we jump. But to do so without these two, and we're leaving two of the better looking girls and settling for an average to poor looking group, just so we can feel accepted. No need to settle until Oregon and UW leave us, assuming they do. From the looks of it, that's not happening any time soon, as the BIG 10 has told them no for the time being.
Hitch our wagons to two schools who will leave us high and dry immediately or force them to join us in a more stable situation in the Big 12 until they inevitably get their call up to the B1G. HMMMMMMMMMM......

Exactly.

Stay with them in a weakened conference that will only get poorer, or leave for the stability of b12 and an raised profile for arizona BB, while letter UW and Oregon scramble with us or wait it out with montana and Boise.

No brainer.

Wilner is a shill as is canzano.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:41 am
Lot of assumptions need to be true to make this work.

I favor the more direct line.

Also, who says furd and cal arnt going to be cunty about “dumb ppl schools” and “religious schools”
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

No guarantee Oregon will get a call up to the BIG 10. And even less for UW, which hasn't even been mentioned as a BIG 10 target. Also have to think Oregon and Washington are looking down at the BIG 12, and would prefer to currently remain in some form of the PAC, versus heading to the BIG 12 with the four Mountain PAC schools.

Again, if the six PAC schools end up in the BIG 12, that's acceptable. But if it's just the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado, that's a panic move in my opinion. Especially since Oregon and UW are better than anything the BIG 12 has to offer. So, why not stick with the PAC NW powers for as long as we can?

Any potential alliance between the PAC and the ACC is untenable long term, but could buy us some time. Maybe enough for the SEC to realize that they may need and want west coast eyeballs to counter the LA schools being in the BIG 10. And unlike the BIG 10, the SEC won't just take two schools in my opinion, but create a west coast SEC pod. This is one possibility.

The other is the PAC without LA just isn't enough, and the BIG 12 is the only conference sending out invites. And UW and Oregon go reluctantly with the four mountain PAC schools.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

Y'all know that the university will go completely 180 from what the fans want and the experts determine to be the best course of action for Arizona, right? Murphy's Law, If it can go wrong...it will. After all... we have Robbins and Heeke.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:48 am

No guarantee Oregon will get a call up to the BIG 10. And even less for UW, which hasn't even been mentioned as a BIG 10 target. Also have to think Oregon and Washington are looking down at the BIG 12, and would prefer to currently remain in some form of the PAC, versus heading to the BIG 12 with the four Mountain PAC schools.

Again, if the six PAC schools end up in the BIG 12, that's acceptable. But if it's just the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado, that's a panic move in my opinion. Especially since Oregon and UW are better than anything the BIG 12 has to offer. So, why not stick with the PAC NW powers for as long as we can?

Any potential alliance between the PAC and the ACC is untenable long term, but could buy us some time. Maybe enough for the SEC to realize that they may need and want west coast eyeballs to counter the LA schools being in the BIG 10. And unlike the BIG 10, the SEC won't just take two schools in my opinion, but create a west coast SEC pod. This is one possibility.

The other is the PAC without LA just isn't enough, and the BIG 12 is the only conference sending out invites. And UW and Oregon go reluctantly with the four mountain PAC schools.
There's no guarantee that they won't get the call up to the B1G either and we'll be in the same sinking ship that we're currently in when that time does come. Why risk it? There's safety in numbers. Take the safety with the Big 12 plus the 3 other corner schools and UW/UO.

An "alliance" with the ACC is nothing. I'm not even sure what stability it buys you.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

True basketcats
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Basketcats wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:49 am Y'all know that the university will go completely 180 from what the fans want and the experts determine to be the best course of action for Arizona, right? Murphy's Law, If it can go wrong...it will. After all... we have Robbins and Heeke.
If this goes sideways it's not going to be Robbins/Heeke fault from what I understand.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

You know what buys you time and money?

Home and homes with Kansas and Baylor in BB and full stadiums of traveling fans for football.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 am
Basketcats wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:49 am Y'all know that the university will go completely 180 from what the fans want and the experts determine to be the best course of action for Arizona, right? Murphy's Law, If it can go wrong...it will. After all... we have Robbins and Heeke.
If this goes sideways it's not going to be Robbins/Heeke fault from what I understand.
And right on cue to back my claim:
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Choo, do you or the the others (97) have a feel for what the boosters want?

I’m sure the RV people would be down with B12
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Well then.

1) fuck asu

2) piss off ABOR and go with Utah. That should “kill” the pac and force rados and asu’s hands

Robbins is a Texas boy if I recall.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am Choo, do you or the the others (97) have a feel for what the boosters want?

I’m sure the RV people would be down with B12
I haven't heard anything either way in regards to boosters. I'm pretty sure they just want to come out of this with a stable situation that's not the MWC.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

This whole thing is fucking stupid.

That's my analysis
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

I thought I read a rumor somewhere that SMU has now been thrown into the pool of potential additions to the PAC. SMH...
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:54 am

There's no guarantee that they won't get the call up to the B1G either and we'll be in the same sinking ship that we're currently in when that time does come. Why risk it? There's safety in numbers. Take the safety with the Big 12 plus the 3 other corner schools and UW/UO.

An "alliance" with the ACC is nothing. I'm not even sure what stability it buys you.
The BIG 12 is going to be there whether we go today, or wait. They have been flirting with the Arizona schools for a while, but the west coast has always been more attractive to us. In a time of crisis, doing an action just so you have a response is often a panic move, and is often a bad one. I understand the panic, but patience is in order. The BIG 10 isn't adding Oregon and UW right now. And possibly not ever. If Notre Dame signs on and brings Stanford with them to the BIG 10, UW and Oregon are never getting an invite.

Right now, Oregon and UW don't see the BIG 12 has an attractive option. If it was, the deal likely would have been announced already. If these two get an official never from the BIG 10, that might change their opinion.

Meanwhile, we don't know what the SEC is thinking. They don't need to make a move today, but if adding the LA schools gives the BIG 10 valuable west coast eyeballs, then the SEC will respond. If the SEC doesn't ever want to add a west coast pod, then the BIG 12 would still be there.

I think Oregon and UW are thinking right now, the BIG 10 is off the table. Their first desire would be to poach the best leftovers of the BIG 12, like OK State, TTech, TCU, and Baylor, and keep the PAC in tact. To them, that's preferable to just entering the BIG 12 today. I would also imagine they have also reached out to the SEC to gauge future interest, as being a part of a west coast SEC pod is also more preferable than entering the BIG 12 today. Third choice is going to the BIG 12 with the four corner PAC schools.

What an ACC alliance buys is a few years of current revenue to make up for what we lost from the LA schools. And allows us to make an informed decision with possibly more information, instead of a panic move to the BIG 12, which may not be our best option. Sure, had Oregon and UW been added to the BIG 10, then it would be time to panic. But that's not happening any time soon, so let's see if we can maintain a relationship with them before we leave for lesser attractive options.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Boosters should be a sounding board and nothing else. Boosters ain't gonna make up the additional 20 Million per UA would he losing go with the ACC agreement
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Never said boosters would pay but they do vote with their dollar and have opinions as to where UofA would be successful.

Agree with sounding board idea
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:14 am

The BIG 12 is going to be there whether we go today, or wait. They have been flirting with the Arizona schools for a while, but the west coast has always been more attractive to us. In a time of crisis, doing an action just so you have a response is often a panic move, and is often a bad one. I understand the panic, but patience is in order. The BIG 10 isn't adding Oregon and UW right now. And possibly not ever. If Notre Dame signs on and brings Stanford with them to the BIG 10, UW and Oregon are never getting an invite.

Right now, Oregon and UW don't see the BIG 12 has an attractive option. If it was, the deal likely would have been announced already. If these two get an official never from the BIG 10, that might change their opinion.

Meanwhile, we don't know what the SEC is thinking. They don't need to make a move today, but if adding the LA schools gives the BIG 10 valuable west coast eyeballs, then the SEC will respond. If the SEC doesn't ever want to add a west coast pod, then the BIG 12 would still be there.

I think Oregon and UW are thinking right now, the BIG 10 is off the table. Their first desire would be to poach the best leftovers of the BIG 12, like OK State, TTech, TCU, and Baylor, and keep the PAC in tact. To them, that's preferable to just entering the BIG 12 today. I would also imagine they have also reached out to the SEC to gauge future interest, as being a part of a west coast SEC pod is also more preferable than entering the BIG 12 today. Third choice is going to the BIG 12 with the four corner PAC schools.

What an ACC alliance buys is a few years of current revenue to make up for what we lost from the LA schools. And allows us to make an informed decision with possibly more information, instead of a panic move to the BIG 12, which may not be our best option. Sure, had Oregon and UW been added to the BIG 10, then it would be time to panic. But that's not happening any time soon, so let's see if we can maintain a relationship with them before we leave for lesser attractive options.
Not sure I agree with this. I feel all this would accomplish is reinforce the complacent approach that everyone in the PAC12 has had over the years. Waiting for Oregon and Washington to figure out what they are doing isn't helping Arizona solidify their positions in the new world order of college athletic conferences. Time for Arizona to stand up and determine it's own destiny.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Basketcats wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:37 am
AzCatFan2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:14 am

Not sure I agree with this. I feel all this would accomplish is reinforce the complacent approach that everyone in the PAC12 has had over the years. Waiting for Oregon and Washington to figure out what they are doing isn't helping Arizona solidify their positions in the new world order of college athletic conferences. Time for Arizona to stand up and determine it's own destiny.
I'll go much further and say that I don't agree with it at all. Also the rhetoric that an ACC alliance buys us a few years of current revenue to make up for losing the LA schools holds absolutely zero water. The financial details are not there for us to see. That's pure utter conjecture at the moment and I have no idea how adding a handful of ACC out of conference football and basketball games along with a pseudo non-B1G/SEC championship football game in Las Vegas makes up for that loss. It's literally pulling a red herring out of your ass and claiming it's gold.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CalStateTempe wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:58 am Well then.

1) fuck asu

2) piss off ABOR and go with Utah. That should “kill” the pac and force rados and asu’s hands

Robbins is a Texas boy if I recall.
Exactly this. If ASU wants to be a WAC school again, let them. Let us go to a real basketball conference. If it wasn't for the ACC being locked in for so long I'd say all the basketball schools should just stick together.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I am sorry but basketball is about 14-20% of tv revenue for a conference. Seems like a fun idea but you fuck your school up so bad doing so
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:14 pm I am sorry but basketball is about 14-20% of tv revenue for a conference. Seems like a fun idea but you fuck your school up so bad doing so
Big 12 football is just fine.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:14 pm I am sorry but basketball is about 14-20% of tv revenue for a conference. Seems like a fun idea but you fuck your school up so bad doing so
Unless you're in the Big 10 or SEC you're going to be fucked no matter what. If the basketball schools could stick together that would at least help some from a money standpoint.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Let’s just be real.

Arizona doesn’t bring Jack shit in football revenue to these super conferences.

But it does bring a killer bb team and revenue.

No one is debating that this isn’t all about football, so all the status quo peeps can stop repeating it

But if arizona wants a seat at the big boys table, it’s gonna have to play to it’s strengths.

Arizona to b12
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

AZCatGirl wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:18 pm
Unless you're in the Big 10 or SEC you're going to be fucked no matter what. If the basketball schools could stick together that would at least help some from a money standpoint.
Big 12 gets us as close as possible
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Apple creating a new conference is actually ideal if they sell a game or two a week to traditional broadcasting companies
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

BIG 12 football with Oklahoma State and TCU leading the way? Don't think BYU or Houston, who will have to play a full slate of BCS level schools now are going to shine right away. How long did it take Utah to win the PAC after boasting they wouldn't miss a beat? Expect the same from those taking the jump to the BIG 12.

Now, add Oregon and UW to the BIG 12, then there's football value. But the current BIG 12 plus the 4 PAC corner schools, and you're looking at a football conference with a bunch of teams that were relegated to play on ESPNU or the Conference Network for the majority of their games. There is little value in this. And while it would be a great basketball conference, football brings home the bacon. It's 80% of college athletics revenue.

There's also nothing gold with a PAC alliance with the ACC. It's a short term solution that staves off making a panic move that we later regret. Long term, any PAC/ACC alliance is untenable, but short term, Oregon vs Clemson or UW versus FSU might draw enough eyeballs that the PAC could make up for the loss of the LA schools in the short term. Arizona/UNC or Duke in basketball has value as well. But certainly, the alliance isn't a long term solution.

Again, there isn't a single school in the BIG 12 post Oklahoma and Texas that is more valuable to us than Oregon or Washington. And unless the BIG 10 has a change of heart and invites those two, which seems highly unlikely in the short term, we shouldn't panic and accept an invite to a second-rate football conference just because they want us.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:27 pm Apple creating a new conference is actually ideal if they sell a game or two a week to traditional broadcasting companies
Lol what?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm
PHXCATS wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:27 pm Apple creating a new conference is actually ideal if they sell a game or two a week to traditional broadcasting companies
Lol what?
Apple could create a conference and pick off the best 6 Big 12 ACC and PAC teams and have streaming primarily for distribution. If they pay 85M a year for one or two baseball games a week they should be willing to pay 750ish Million for a near super conference.

If they wanted it that is
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Keeping the PAC together really only seems good for those that think they will ultimately get in the BIG10 in the near future (Oregon, Washington, maybe Stanford) and those who likely can't get into another major (semi-major) conference (OSU, WSU, etc). I don't the upside for schools like Arizona, ASU, CU, Utah. We/they should go to the BIG12 which would then force schools like Oregon and Washington to also join if they can't get into the BIG10 as a PAC6 would be absolutely dead. We get a better conference (subtract out the PAC10 garbage and add some decent sports programs within the BIG12) and a little more stability.

I'm not sure the PAC/ACC "loose partnership" makes any sense. Your basically adding a few OOC games, which is a big who f-ing cares. I only mention it here because it is the dumbest decision for Arizona so it will probably be what ultimately happens.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dr wildcat is correct on all points including what will likely happen.

Enjoy the mtn west in a few years guys.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Conferences are socialism, in the new world it’s no fucks given look out for number 1.

Am I doing this right?

Arizona needs to go to big12.

Washington and Oregon need us more than we need then at this moment.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

DrWildcat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:41 pm Keeping the PAC together really only seems good for those that think they will ultimately get in the BIG10 in the near future (Oregon, Washington, maybe Stanford) and those who likely can't get into another major (semi-major) conference (OSU, WSU, etc). I don't the upside for schools like Arizona, ASU, CU, Utah. We/they should go to the BIG12 which would then force schools like Oregon and Washington to also join if they can't get into the BIG10 as a PAC6 would be absolutely dead. We get a better conference (subtract out the PAC10 garbage and add some decent sports programs within the BIG12) and a little more stability.

I'm not sure the PAC/ACC "loose partnership" makes any sense. Your basically adding a few OOC games, which is a big who f-ing cares. I only mention it here because it is the dumbest decision for Arizona so it will probably be what ultimately happens.
This. This is the correct response. If you stay in the PAC you're at the complete mercy of other schools. You're only serving them and not yourselves. If you have to sacrifice some money in the short term for stability in the long term, you take that deal 100 times out of 100.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So it sounds the the PAC will force a 30 day cooling period to gather TV opportunities and conference partnerships.

I read somewhere that the LA schools started negotiations 8 weeks ago. I would think we will have some options on the table soon that we could eventually opt for. Of course it still goes to the question of can we split from ASSU if need be
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Don't forget the SEC in this conversation. They may want a presence in all four time zones. And if they do, Oregon and Washington will be the first two they invite. If they invite a total of six, then the next four are the Arizona schools, Colorado, and Utah. If the SEC wants just four, then we're battling the other three for an invite.

If we jump to the BIG 12 now, Oregon and Washington may not come along. Of if they do, only if they have a quick and cheap out agreement if the SEC or BIG 10 comes calling. I doubt the BIG 12 agrees to that. Forcing UW and Oregon into the BIG 12 now would also end any chances of us getting an invite into a SEC west coast division.

Phil Knight has said he wants Oregon in either the BIG 10 or the SEC. The BIG 10 invite may never come, especially if Notre Dame says yes. The SEC? I think it's worth waiting to see what happens. The BIG 12 isn't going anywhere any times soon, and it's unlikely Oregon will ever join. That makes us more attractive to the BIG 12 both now, and in the future.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm not sure if this is true but it could change things a bit
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Big 12 now. We will be in the WAC again if we don't. The "alliance" is a stupid corporate buzzword that means absolutely nothing. If the pac and acc actually combined into one conference that's a solution but notice thats not even an option being leaked from the pac 12 its a "strategic alliance ".

Thats the bullshit consulting companies or pr firms tell companies that are making unpopular changes and don't want to tell you whats really happening. The Pac 12 is dead, we will not be invited to the SEC or BIG 10 because of our football program. A strategic alliance is what happened after TX and OU joined the SEC and the pac died anyway. Join the Big 12 its the best long term solution imo.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The SEC would much rather take UNC Clemson and Florida schools than Arizona
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

If OU and UDub go to the BIG or SEC, and UU, CU, Stanford and ASU go tp the Big-12, we might finally have a shot at the Rose Bowl!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman