OldAztec86

Hey Cats. See you in September

Post by OldAztec86 »

Here is our new home.
Merkin

Re: Hey Cats. See you in September

Post by Merkin »

Fantastic stadium. Did you get seats?

I looked a couple months ago and they were impossible to get for UA fans unless you were a big donor.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Since moving to San Diego, I've made a point to attend an Aztecs game every few years, the latest in 2019 Vs BYU.

Can't get tickets for the Cats opener but I'm hoping to go to the Sept 24th home game Vs Toledo mostly because of the new stadium.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
OldAztec86

Post by OldAztec86 »

Merkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:14 pm Fantastic stadium. Did you get seats?

I looked a couple months ago and they were impossible to get for UA fans unless you were a big donor.
Yes, but we live in Arizona so I only have seats for a selected few games (Arizona being the first and most important one) the cool thing about this stadium is that it is 100% individual seating (thank God no benches) the footprint of the stadium would fit over 50K if half of it was bench seating. Also, reports are that it is right down on the field from a viewing standpoint (hard to see that from aerial pics)
OldAztec86

Post by OldAztec86 »

I know you guys don't care that much about the university's future plans, but this is the first of the newly expanded SDSU campus, which allows necessary growth in both classrooms, research, and retail. The enrollment will finally be in line with demand (only 1 in 9 applicants gets admitted now) the dirt areas around the stadium will be a college campus by 2035.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great looking rebuild. Going to be electric that night. Hopefully we give you a game, unlike last year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Too bad SDSU being a CSU can't get picked up by a major conference. Excellent football and basketball programs.