2023 Non PAC-12 Game Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

SCCats

Re: 2023 Non PAC-12 Game Thread

Post by SCCats »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:46 am If you want to get into the playoffs, don't let your quarterback get hurt.

*unless you are an $EC or B1G team. Remember Cardale Jones?
And I feel like I’ve read two or three articles order the last couple of weeks saying the committee won’t take injuries into account.

Until the rubber meets the road on decision day, and no SEC/no Alabama is going to be in. A no loss power 5 team gets screwed here so the decision making seems particularly offensive, but it feels like the same old rhyming story over the last 15 years or whatever it’s been.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I thought it was gonna be Bama AND UGA.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

SCCats wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:25 pm
UAEebs86 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:46 am If you want to get into the playoffs, don't let your quarterback get hurt.

*unless you are an $EC or B1G team. Remember Cardale Jones?
And I feel like I’ve read two or three articles order the last couple of weeks saying the committee won’t take injuries into account.

Until the rubber meets the road on decision day, and no SEC/no Alabama is going to be in. A no loss power 5 team gets screwed here so the decision making seems particularly offensive, but it feels like the same old rhyming story over the last 15 years or whatever it’s been.
Don’t think that’s true. The committee takes everything into account including injuries.

Although I was hoping the SEC got skunked just because they think they invented football, anyone really being honest knows Alabama is a better team currently than FSU. If you watched them both last night it was pretty obvious.

But if the criteria really was who had the best overall season, i.e. based on results then FSU has a stronger case since they went undefeated.

I also think the SoS was another difference maker.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

What absolute horseshit. You just can't leave out an undefeated P5 conference championship winning team. It's not like they lost after he got injured. It's a TEAM game and the team still managed to win without him. Who gives a shit if they probably would have lost to Michigan, they earned that spot and Bama didn't.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Texas is the one who didn’t deserve to get in IMHO. They beat the Okie State Okies. Doesn’t blow up my skirt.

SEC champs is basically an automatic bid.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:54 pm Texas is the one who didn’t deserve to get in IMHO. They beat the Okie State Okies. Doesn’t blow up my skirt.
Texas beat Alabama! That settles that dispute!!
Last edited by pc in NM on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:54 pm SEC champs is basically an automatic bid.
Why???

The ACC held a record of 6-4 against the SEC in interconference play during the 2023 regular season. That advantage included a 2-0 mark posted by Florida State, which won its games against LSU and Florida during its 13-0 season.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 pm
wyo-cat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:54 pm SEC champs is basically an automatic bid.
Why???
E$PN

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:02 pm
Why???
E$PN

Agreed! But, that's not the point he was making, I believe. I think he believes the SEC deserves it!.

They don't!

― Kinky Friedman
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

They favor the SEC, they always have.
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

Oregon vs Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl? Well that should be ugly.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

waysouthcat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:47 am Oregon vs Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl? Well that should be ugly.
Final Score : 66-6
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

wyo-cat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:54 pm Texas is the one who didn’t deserve to get in IMHO. They beat the Okie State Okies. Doesn’t blow up my skirt.
Texas beat Alabama! That settles that dispute!!
FSU should have been the #3 team selected.

Texas/Alabama should have been the debate for #4 - and Texas HAD to be the choice because they BEAT Alabama heads up.

I 100% agree with the FSU AD

https://seminoles.com/news/2023/12/3/fo ... university
They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; They have become a committee of prognosticators.
“Every game NO LONGER counts”
Last edited by pc in NM on Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Kinky Friedman
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

They’ll say something to help the SEC, but if that doesn’t work the next year, they’ll say the exact opposite to help the SEC.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I'll submit this without comment so it can stay on "the upper boards"...
Ron DeSantis pledges $1M to potentially sue College Football Playoffs after FSU snub

Florida’s Governor is ready to spend state money to remedy an injustice experienced by Florida State University.

After the Seminoles were snubbed by the College Football Playoff selection committee, DeSantis suggested that taxpayers could help fund some sort of resolution, though he noted that may not be possible.

During a Monday appearance on the “Ingraham Angle,” Ron DeSantis said he wasn’t sure what could be done, but in the event legal action was possible to get “recourse,” he said the state could provide $1 million to help the cause.

“Florida State earned that spot. Now, people have said, is there anything you can do? They’re actually looking to see if there’s anything they can do. I don’t know if there is any recourse, but I have set aside a million dollars in case there ever is any litigation. I’m not saying that there’s going to be. They are looking at it. I don’t think that this has spoken well for college football. And we’ll see,” DeSantis said during the Fox News hit.

DeSantis noted that FSU was an “undefeated conference champion” of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and “earned that spot.”

The Governor also responded to former President Donald Trump sarcastically blaming “DeSanctimonious” for the Seminoles’ slide out of the top 4 necessary to make the playoffs, calling Trump a “keyboard warrior” and challenging him to debate.

“And you know, Donald Trump wants to blame me. You know, he also said that he also took Disney’s side against us when we stood up for the kids. He also said Cuomo in New York did COVID better than we did, then attacked me for being pro life,” DeSantis said.

These comments are the first offered by the Governor in an interview, following up on a social media post Sunday as the news broke.

Posting to X on Sunday, DeSantis said “what we learned today is that you can go undefeated and win your conference championship game, but the College Football Playoff committee will ignore these results.”
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/64 ... su-cfp-1m/

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Apparently the 1st and 3rd string QBs entered the portal, and this guy was getting married and bought a home in AZ, and they had no QBs left.