Mel Tucker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Mel Tucker

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Re: Mel Tucker

Post by azcat49 »

New reports say he was suspended but he will eventually be fired I am sure. Hope it’s for cause (instead on a settlement to quit), then he would forfeit the remaining 70m on his contract. That’s some expensive phone sex
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:17 pm New reports say he was suspended but he will eventually be fired I am sure. Hope it’s for cause (instead on a settlement to quit), then he would forfeit the remaining 70m on his contract. That’s some expensive phone sex
Mel Tucker’s is the worst coaching contract going in college sports right now.

Not sure what Michigan State (among others) saw in Tucker, off a 5-7 season at Colorado, to begin with. NFL experience? But what puts Michigan State’s situation with Mel Tucker over the top is his recklessly unnecessary contract.

$95M. 10 YEARS. ALL GUARANTEED.

It should lead to the firing of the AD and/or warrant an ethics review at the State level.

AD Alan Haller, hired in 2021, is a feel-good hometown story for MSU, and we all want to root for someone like Haller, but I’m guessing he was just too new to the job to keep from otherwise getting duped by an imposter.

Mel Tucker is an IMPOSTER.

Look at it this way: Seahawks RB Kenny Walker is the biggest reason Michigan State went 11-2 in 2021, finished Top 10, and rushed sink their short term fate with Mel Tucker.

RB Kenny Walker's Heisman Candidate season got Mel Tucker paid that 8 figure extension.

Take out Michigan State’s Kenny Walker season and Mel Tucker over the remaining three seasons, to include at Colorado, is 5-7, 2-5, and 5-7.

Tucker is a 14-19 coach that is somehow on contract for $95M.

Michigan State’s reality is worse than Tucker being another bad hire.

$95M for a middling employee is GROSS MALPRACTICE that falls just short of ORGANIZED RACKETEERING committed under the banner of a public institution.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Let the Deion Sanders rumors begin.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner