The Game

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

The Game

Post by EastCoastCat »

Michigan-Ohio State at high noon(EST).

Doesn’t get much better as a college football fan, especially when your daughter attends one of the schools - Go Blue!

Wearing my Arizona shirt with a Michigan hat so I will be having 6-7 hours of nerve wracking viewing coming up.

Watching Big Noon kickoff on Fox because my daughter is on (in the background like they do on ESPN game day) as a part of the Michigan dance team. Btw, Leinert did a nice farewell Pac 12 segment.

Go Blue & Go Cats!!!
azcat49

Re: The Game

Post by azcat49 »

Ryan Day in almost in a no win situation. Expected to win as an underdog simply because Harbaugh is not on the sideline. Fans don’t cut him any slack for losing to Michigan.

Always like this game but watching B1G football has really become boring. Their offenses are sooooo bad
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I grew up in Michigan. There was no bigger sporting event in the two states than the UM/OSU game. Bo v. Woody. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Back then it was the Rose Bowl or nothing. You could go 10-1 and still sit home on New Years Day.

The Rose Bowl itself never really mattered after that. the PAC-8 had a home field advantage and used trickery such as the forward pass.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The wife and I wanted to go to this game but tickets were going for no lower than a $1,000 a piece.

Just nuts.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

From my childhood in Toledo - "halfway" (more or less) between Ann Arbor and Columbus - never a close call who I rooted for.

Second biggest game of the day, IMNSHO!

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Growing up in NY, college football wasn’t a big thing. I guess Army/Navy was a thing, but there were no dominant teams in the region to root for (Boston College and Syracuse were meh and never on TV).

The Fab 5 got me interested in Michigan basketball, and so I started rooting for them in football too. Still do. Go Blue!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They did a fly over that looked a lot like the offenses in the B1G. I think it was a passenger plane 😂😂
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

That Michigan punter is outstanding. He booted a 70 yard punt, and just punted a long punt inside the 5. This is Ray Guy good.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

WTF is this "World Famous Buckeyes" bullshit???
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

These announcers are sucking some serious tOSU nuts…
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:22 pm These announcers are sucking some serious tOSU nuts…
“…. AND HE PUT THE BISCUIT IN THE BASKET….

:lol: :lol:
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

MountainCat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:07 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:22 pm These announcers are sucking some serious tOSU nuts…
“…. AND HE PUT THE BISCUIT IN THE BASKET….

:lol: :lol:
I'm rooting for tOSU, and even I rolled my eyes at that crap.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

My heart has finally recovered. Great win for big Blue.

Now I can join the Cats destruction of the Scummies.😁
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:12 pm My heart has finally recovered. Great win for big Blue.

Now I can join the Cats destruction of the Scummies.😁
No stress in this one
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:38 am Growing up in NY, college football wasn’t a big thing. I guess Army/Navy was a thing, but there were no dominant teams in the region to root for (Boston College and Syracuse were meh and never on TV).

The Fab 5 got me interested in Michigan basketball, and so I started rooting for them in football too. Still do. Go Blue!
Tell us you are not Catholic with out saying you aren't Catholic.

(Catholics would have picked Notre Dame whether they came from Tucson or Boston)
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RichardCranium wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:49 am
Chicat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:38 am Growing up in NY, college football wasn’t a big thing. I guess Army/Navy was a thing, but there were no dominant teams in the region to root for (Boston College and Syracuse were meh and never on TV).

Tell us you are not Catholic with out saying you aren't Catholic.

(Catholics would have picked Notre Dame whether they came from Tucson or Boston)
My grandmother rooted for Notre Dame. I once asked her why, since they were the Fighting Irish and we are Italian…

“Because they’re good Catholic boys.”

“But Grandma, that one’s named Raghib Ismail. Somehow I doubt he’s Catholic.”

*Grandma hurriedly makes the sign of the Cross
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Catholics vs Convicts should have told you ND is not as Catholic as everyone thinks.

But back to The Game, Michigan flexed its muscle when needed and made the bigger plays.

And I’m still convinced tOSU was behind this sign stealing discovery. As they say, snitches get stitches.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:29 am Catholics vs Convicts should have told you ND is not as Catholic as everyone thinks.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion