Alabama Football Post-Saban

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatsbyAZ

Alabama Football Post-Saban

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Since Nick Saban’s sudden retirement Alabama’s roster is suffering a mass exodus.

As of yesterday, 28 players have entered the transfer portal. Some were announced before Saban’s announced departure, but it’s after Saban left that the surge of players entering the portal were of a higher value and key contributors going into next season. OL Proctor (to Iowa), WR Isaiah Bond (to Texas), CB Dezz Ricks (to A&M), CB Antonio Kite (to Auburn), and most recently, Freshman Caleb Downs, considered by a number of Tide fans to be the best athlete on the roster and already among the best defensive backs in the nation.

To further breakdown Alabama's roster, 13 total starters are lost to graduation, declaring for the NFL early, or have entered the Transfer Portal. This is followed by 10 second-string players departing for those same reasons.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
UAEebs86

Re: Alabama Football Post-Saban

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's a shame.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Maybe Byrne can call for more red outs and grey outs.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We'll probably be similar in a few weeks
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Build a bigger screen GB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

DeBoer will get 1 year of a grace period where they'll tolerate him going like 10-3 and beating Alabama and finishing in the top 15 of the rankings but by 2025 he better be in the playoff and winning the SEC
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Don’t forget the last coach Alabama hired from the state of Washington and how that turned out…

:roll:
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MountainCat wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm Don’t forget the last coach Alabama hired from the state of Washington and how that turned out…

:roll:
Mike Price was always really high on my hire list for Arizona. Took WSU to the Rose Bowl twice*.

But yelling "Roll Tide" while fornicating with a hooker was probably not his smartest move.

*-Mike Leach was also very successful at WSU. Why UA with better facilities and a much bigger city could not replicate that has always been a mystery to me.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Saban giving account to what convinced him to retire: 1) Players acting like crybabies after losing to Michigan in the Rose Bowl, 2) Players transferring if they don't immediately play, and 3) players wanting to get paid.

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m glad he said it wasn’t “bad” that the players want to be paid because how many millions did he make over the years while the kids who were out there getting their knees blown up and their heads knocked into CTE hell got nothing?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I guess it is a lot easier when you can pay players in secret in ways other schools can't. When it is a level playing field it is not worth the trouble.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gronk4heisman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:40 am I guess it is a lot easier when you can pay players in secret in ways other schools can't. When it is a level playing field it is not worth the trouble.
Exactly. He can't pretend he is John Wooden with blinders on regarding Sam Gilbert. Without a doubt he knows money has been and always will be paid to Bama players no matter what the rules are. There are rumors about cash payments to players when he was at LSU.

And about NIL Nick...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

To quote Daniel Tosh:

Burn in hell Saban
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion