Fisch almost did it again

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

tgrumpy2

Fisch almost did it again

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I just read that good ole Jed after telling the Washington fans he'd be there for years interviewed for the UCLA job. He did comment that he doubted UCLA would pay his buyout from Washington but the mere fact he interviewed says all he needs to about what he really is.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ed-cfb-job
Merkin

Re: Fisch almost did it again

Post by Merkin »

I think UDub realized they made a huge mistake. They might try to negotiate his $12M buyout down just to get rid of him.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

In the UCLA Football thread another poster was commenting on how we'd be "infinitely" more screwed if Fisch left us for UCLA before UW was able to hire him first. I'm not so sure we'd be that much more screwed, but either way, at this point if Fisch were to somehow nab the UCLA gig, I'd be thrilled to watch the meltdown of UW scorned and back on the street for a new coach.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 am In the UCLA Football thread another poster was commenting on how we'd be "infinitely" more screwed if Fisch left us for UCLA before UW was able to hire him first. I'm not so sure we'd be that much more screwed, but either way, at this point if Fisch were to somehow nab the UCLA gig, I'd be thrilled to watch the meltdown of UW scorned and back on the street for a new coach.
Choo was referring to the timing. As in UW hires someone else, we keep riding all this momentum with Fisch and NOW he bolts for UCLA.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

If Florida fires Napier after next year, Fisch would definitely be interested.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fisch is like the sex addict who treats every job opening like a glory hole. He has to explore it because he is scared of what he might miss
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm Fisch is like the sex addict who treats every job opening like a glory hole. He has to explore it because he is scared of what he might miss
One day I hope there’s a snapping turtle on the other side.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I think Karma will catch up to him and I will be smiling when it happens.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:35 pm I think Karma will catch up to him and I will be smiling when it happens.
RichRod had Pat White at WVU. Kevin Sumlin had Johnny Manziel at aTm. Fisch had Noah Fifita at UA.
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

azcat49 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm Fisch is like the sex addict who treats every job opening like a glory hole. He has to explore it because he is scared of what he might miss
Interesting analogy. My take on the whole Fisch thing is kind of mixed. We as a fan base had so much invested in the new direction of our football program it was only natural to have that kind of visceral response. The kind of success we had is not easy to come by, and when you pledge loyalty and bolt at the first sign of opportunity, it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. I couldn't help but feel used when I saw clips of Fisch at the UW basketball game trying to hype up the crowd. It literally made me repulse.

Fisch is like a smoking hot chick who can do keg stands, speak Latin, and recite the starting lineup of the 69' Celtics but leaves you for one of your friends. Of course she's replaceable, but there's a period of mourning. The whole thing surrounding the UW situation feels a bit whorish, and the more I think about it Fisch's reasoning just doesn't add up. Liepold turned down the job because he probably saw what I and other saw - why leave a job where your worshipped for reviving a dead flower to go to a place where good is never good enough? Especially considering that you have to climb Mt. Everest every year in the Big 10 with teams that have far better resources than UW? It's a wicked gauntlet for sure.

Unless your Bama, Ohio State or Georgia, coaches spend their entire careers putting together a team that can win a national championship. We had one, with the potential to compete for the playoff for the next couple of years at least. He blew that up to start over again and steal our players for an extra 2 mil and change. Fisch kept talking about the money aspect, but 5 mil in Tucson goes waaay too far and he would have been paid much more than Lute ever was. And he would have had far better options than Florida when the dust settled. He would likely have had his pick of NFL gigs. The relationship with the community, alumni and the players would have set him up for life. But I kind a sneaky feeling that things may not work out as well as planned in the coming years. And Wildcat Nation will certainly be watching.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

What if by some chance he was offered and took that UCLA job. I'm wondering how many of the players that followed him to UW would follow him to UCLA if any. I'm wondering how many might even wander back to Arizona.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Merkin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:24 pm
EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:35 pm I think Karma will catch up to him and I will be smiling when it happens.
RichRod had Pat White at WVU. Kevin Sumlin had Johnny Manziel at aTm. Fisch had Noah Fifita at UA.
Always with a historical reference. Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but when you post the Jethro Tull song “Living in the Past” always comes to mind.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:09 pm
Merkin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:24 pm
Always with a historical reference. Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but when you post the Jethro Tull song “Living in the Past” always comes to mind.

Merkin's sig used to be a slightly reworded lyric from a Jethro Tull song. :D
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

But it was changed to "college girls". :D

Working on a warm weather college campus for 30 years does have its advantages.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:D

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Merkin wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:18 am :D

Or Jon Wilner is a tool letting himself be used by Jedd Fischs agent
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Agents NEVER lie. FACT!
Mike Luke's burner account.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jedd Fisch not having any conversations doesn’t mean his agent didn’t have any conversations.

The dig at Scheer is funny to me. If there truly was no interest and a Tucson fan site reporter really was incompetent, there’d be no reason to make the statement.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I think he did interview and I think Scheer was right.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:31 am Jedd Fisch not having any conversations doesn’t mean his agent didn’t have any conversations.

The dig at Scheer is funny to me. If there truly was no interest and a Tucson fan site reporter really was incompetent, there’d be no reason to make the statement.
Nailed it
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fisch's aversion to the truth has been very clear. He reminds me of someone else who is a habitual liar and just can't help himself.

Like a judge will tell the jury, if you catch the defendant with one lie, you can disregard their complete testimony.

I believe nothing Fisch or his agent say. I'm absolutely sure Akina still resents Fisch.