Michigan Football

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Fishclamps

Re: Michigan Football

Post by Fishclamps »

Yikes, defensive much? I only listened once and already saw he has that same throw outlandish statement shit at the wall mentality that Bayless and Smith have.

With those people it's the same shit wrapped in a different package every time, which is talk about whatever is current while also making some bold prediction or having a contrarian opinion.

It's just not my cup of tea and I think he's a blowhard. I'm glad you like him though and I'm flattered I'm getting my posts graded now
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Fishclamps wrote:Yikes, defensive much? I only listened once and already saw he has that same throw outlandish statement shit at the wall mentality that Bayless and Smith have.

With those people it's the same shit wrapped in a different package every time, which is talk about whatever is current while also making some bold prediction or having a contrarian opinion.

It's just not my cup of tea and I think he's a blowhard. I'm glad you like him though and I'm flattered I'm getting my posts graded now
Just isn't a very good life strategy to judge something on one tiny tiny piece of information. Me calling you a blowhard for that one post is the exact same thing as you calling him one for listening to him once for a few minutes. Sorry!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

I watched his radio show once on ESPN but saw him for a long time on Sportsnation, that's where I formulated my opinion of him. I'm not grading your posts or calling you a blowhard, just saying I have a different opinion of him. Unless you are Cowherd?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Cowherd is leaving!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

He'll be immediately picked up by someone else. That kinda talent doesn't stay unemployed long. Espn is hemorrhaging talent and money and subscribers now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

He'll go to Fox and soon be irrelevant
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2 ... n-jennings

On Thursday morning, ESPN radio host Colin Cowherd discussed the criticism Marlins manager Dan Jennings has received because of his inexperience at the coaching level. Cowherd believes Jennings' lack of experience is not an issue, because baseball is not a complex sport.

In defending his point that baseball isn't a complex sport, he brought up the fact that a third of the players in Major League Baseball are from the Dominican Republic.

"It's too complex? he said, transcribed by Hardball Talk. "I've never bought into that 'baseball is too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic."

Now, perhaps the one snippet does not fully represent Cowherd's thoughts and was taken out of context.

Then again, here is the entire passage:

“It’s too complex? I’ve never bought into that ‘baseball is too complex.’ Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball is like any sport. It’s mostly instincts. A sportswriter who covers baseball could go up to Tony La Russa and make an argument and Tony would listen and it would seem reasonable. There’s not a single NFL writer in the country who could diagram a play for Bill Belichick. You know, we get caught up in this whole ‘thinking man’s game.’ Is it in the same family? Most people could do it. It’s not being a concert pianist. It’s in the same family.”

Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista, who was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, caught wind of Cowherd's comments and was none too pleased.

Cowherd did back off his comments following the commercial break, saying that only 4 percent of MLB players have college degrees and that roughly a third of the players don't speak the primary language of the country in which they play.

Cowherd has long stated on his show that he enjoys learning about sociology and demographics, trying to understand why people form a certain place do one thing and a people from another place do something entirely different.

But baseball's complexity, or Cowherd's conceived lack of complexity, has nothing to do with the people who currently play the game.

Game theory in baseball, the study of strategic decision-making, is impossibly complex. A language barrier is immaterial when a player is trying to figure out what pitch will be thrown from a pitcher with three strong pitch types on a 2-2 count with a man on second base with one out in the seventh inning.

But this is how Colin Cowherd operates. He tries to make up for his lack of understanding of the actual sport by attempting to paint the issue as part of a much bigger topic.

If there is a much bigger topic to be had, it is this: Colin Cowherd doesn't know what he is talking about.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

A language barrier is immaterial when a player is trying to figure out what pitch will be thrown from a pitcher with three strong pitch types on a 2-2 count with a man on second base with one out in the seventh inning.
Is it really that complex though? Is a pitcher really thinking to himself "There's 1 out in the seventh inning and it's a 2-2 count so I must do this pitch because the situation clearly calls for this specific action" ?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
A language barrier is immaterial when a player is trying to figure out what pitch will be thrown from a pitcher with three strong pitch types on a 2-2 count with a man on second base with one out in the seventh inning.
Is it really that complex though? Is a pitcher really thinking to himself "There's 1 out in the seventh inning and it's a 2-2 count so I must do this pitch because the situation clearly calls for this specific action" ?
Not only is he thinking about it, but so is the catcher, shortstop, center fielder, pitching coach, manager, opposing manager, third base coach, batter, advanced scouts, fans, and announcers.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
No.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

What a paragon of insightful knowledge this wonderful man Colin Cowherd is. Love the fact that he says foreigners that play baseball are morons, but when trying to backtrack from those comments after the commercial break, goes on to clarify that ALL baseball players are morons.

Edit: Typos
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Colin must really like AL ball.

He'll be nothing when he goes to Fox.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I guess this confirms that simpleton's or racists seem to be the only people who actually enjoy his take.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/sport ... icans.html

Nailed it, it turns out we just didn't understand the "tone" of his "clunky" comments.

Guess ESPN didn't get it either.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Cowherd is an idiot. One of the worst out there - should move over to Fox News instead of Fox Sports. Better fit.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Michigan Sports' Facebook Pages Hacked, Overloaded With Butts

http://deadspin.com/michigan-sports-fac ... 1723654243
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

So Michigan will be the first football program to wear the jump man logo. It should help with recruiting but it will look weird seeing a basketball logo on a football uniform!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

prh

Post by prh »

So today, if I couldn't be in Tucson, I'm glad I'm in Salt Lake. Wearing the block A around tons of Utah fans and plenty of Michigan fans in town.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Chicat wrote:
Fox Sports GO actually has a "Khaki Cam" as one of the alternate feeds.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Who watching Utah vs Michigan game?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Decent game. Michigan looks improved. Certainly more disciplined and much better prepared under JH than with BH.

Utah looks good defensively and Booker is a load. This type of tempo is something Utah likes. They fare well in these types of games ( think Furd)
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I highly doubt Utah can hold on to the lead.
prh

Post by prh »

Been watching the whole game. Not very impressed. Utah's offense will improve throughout the year once they start running it better. Wilson looks like his early 2013 self.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

And Michigan just score a TD after a Utah personal foul on a 3 and 10 my gosh. Utah Is shooting them self in the foot.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

The only thing I cant undertand Utah is that, they try running with booker so many time and he stuff every time. But their playing consistent offense thou. I'm not impress with Harbaugh offense at all. It simple to read his offense base off what they line up in too but Utah defense is doing a decent job of stopping them on run play but pass play are a different story.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Utah shooting themselves in the foot miss FG. still 17-10. How long can their Defense hold.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Pick 6 utah!
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Cowherd's hair was even worst than his commentary and mannerisms tonight. Yeesh
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

the Fighting Rich Rods typically wilt in big games.
http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/f ... games-9-26
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
the Fighting Rich Rods typically wilt in big games.
http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/f ... games-9-26
@#$@ Michigan, they can brag all they want about RR, They will never admitted that he got screw from day 1 and never had any real shot of taking Michigan to new highs. Their sitting there like a dumb sack of spoiled brat that have harbaugh as their coach.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RichRod was never able to beat MSU and ntOSU while at UM, think he went 0-6 in rival games there although as we all know the reasons weren't all that simple.

However RR did finally beat ASU last year, although his teams have given up 134 points in the 3 Territorial Cup games.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:Colin must really like AL ball.

On Fox pregame, good show with super hot cohost, if that is nothing sign me up
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azgreg wrote:
I believe him because a Brady Hoke team would've been trailing by at least two touchdowns with :02 in the game. That calls for either a sensible knee or a playing-for-pride hail mary.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

PHXCATS wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Colin must really like AL ball.

On Fox pregame, good show with super hot cohost, if that is nothing sign me up
No way to overstate it:

“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Harbaugh is awesome.

I get a strong feeling that he obsessively reads NCAA rules looking for loopholes that can benefit him and anger the SEC.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:Yikes, defensive much? I only listened once and already saw he has that same throw outlandish statement shit at the wall mentality that Bayless and Smith have.

Just isn't a very good life strategy to judge something on one tiny tiny piece of information. Me calling you a blowhard for that one post is the exact same thing as you calling him one for listening to him once for a few minutes. Sorry!
Tobias, you blowhard.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »