Post by azgreg »

My money is on Les Miles.
Merkin

Re: Michigan Football

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Really odd. I've seen numerous user comments on espn and cbs sports stating that they would not be surprised to see Hoke as a defensive coach on UA's staff. Hmm...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAdevil wrote:Really odd. I've seen numerous user comments on espn and cbs sports stating that they would not be surprised to see Hoke as a defensive coach on UA's staff. Hmm...
Wut
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil wrote:Really odd. I've seen numerous user comments on espn and cbs sports stating that they would not be surprised to see Hoke as a defensive coach on UA's staff. Hmm...
as in, a position coach? cause I don't think Casteel is going anywhere
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Catstatic wrote:What they need to find is a very good coach who got totally shafted by his previous school. Perhaps firing him after just a few years even though the team seems to be turning around with his own guys. Then, although he is as great a coach as ever, now he will have a huge chip on his shoulder to prove to everyone, particularly the clowns who let him go, that they made a HUGE mistake! If you can somehow find a great coach like that, and snatch him up before anyone else does, and then give him the support and freedom he needs to succeed, well ... I think you've found the formula for a winner! Good luck, Michigan. 8-)

Go Cats!!
I see what you did there... but Bo Pelini would also fit this bill even if he is an asshat.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

I just read a stat that said 62% of the players Brady Hoke brought in during his years at Michigan were four and five star players.

So that means generally, if you bring in 25 players per year, around 15 or 16 of those would be four or five star recruits.

It's pretty mind boggling that he could bring in that much talent and not be able to beat a large number of the teams he was facing.
Signing Days at Brady Hoke's Michigan were awesome; 62 percent of the signees in Hoke's three complete classes were rated four- or five-stars as recruits. Only six teams in the entire country have been better. The other teams in the Big Ten combined to bring in only 11 percent blue chips in that time.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... recruiting
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Todd Graham has made a living winning games with other coaches top flight recruits. I'd have to think Michigan would be the dream job of all dream jobs for him.
SCCat wrote:I just read a stat that said 62% of the players Brady Hoke brought in during his years at Michigan were four and five star players.

So that means generally, if you bring in 25 players per year, around 15 or 16 of those would be four or five star recruits.

It's pretty mind boggling that he could bring in that much talent and not be able to beat a large number of the teams he was facing.
Signing Days at Brady Hoke's Michigan were awesome; 62 percent of the signees in Hoke's three complete classes were rated four- or five-stars as recruits. Only six teams in the entire country have been better. The other teams in the Big Ten combined to bring in only 11 percent blue chips in that time.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... recruiting
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

UofAlum05 wrote:Todd Graham has made a living winning games with other coaches top flight recruits. I'd have to think Michigan would be the dream job of all dream jobs for him.
As much as I hate to say it, Graham has done some ok things; Michigan could (and well might) do worse than Graham.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So where is Michigan with this hire? Are they targeting a big name who is awaiting a bowl or does no one want that toxic dumpster fire
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:So where is Michigan with this hire? Are they targeting a big name who is awaiting a bowl or does no one want that toxic dumpster fire
They think they can get a big name like Harbaugh or Miles, someone like that.

They'll probably have to settle for someone like Schiano.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I heard Kyle Whittingham on espn earlier today as a name of the list. Ha.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Harbaugh with his first victory at Michigan!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Was that a promoted tweet for the DVD release or something?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Chicat wrote:Was that a promoted tweet for the DVD release or something?
No, it is a response to Michigan replacing an "American Sniper" showing with "Paddington" the animated bear because a group of concerned students thought "American Sniper" would make them feel uncomfortable. Yesterday Michigan caved and now will show both movies so that college students who spend all weekend playing Halo are not traumatized by "American Sniper".
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If they really want to show a flick that appeals to students, I heard Human Centipede 3 is pretty good.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13180442&ex_cid=espnTW
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That's from a fake tweet generator.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat wrote:That's from a fake tweet generator.
Kinda figured. The interview in the link is hilarious. Cowherd hanging up on Harbaugh probably won't bode well for future interviews.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harbaugh was a douche. Standing ovation for cowherd(he deserves one anyway)

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Harbaugh has to have Asberger Syndrome. No one is that socially awkward on purpose. This is almost as weird as when he went on Real Sports and said he made himself tall by carefully plotting as a child to drink as much milk as he possibly could.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

the real dill wrote:
I'm not a Cowherd fan, but it's got to be tough to interview someone who repeatedly gives 3 to 6 word answers to open-ended questions. Harbaugh came off as just not wanting to be there talking on the phone. He sounded like my wife when she talks to her mother.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Cowherd needed to change his style to match Harbaugh. When Harbaugh was short with his answers, Cowherd needed to slow down and ask more specific questions. Also, the buy/bye question really threw Harbaugh off. It was obvious that Harbaugh thought Cowherd was trying to insult the league and Michigan. That question ran the interview off of it's tracks.

In the end, Cowherd was the unprofessional jerk. He rudely dumped his guest when he wasn't getting what he (Cowherd) wanted.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Haha yeah no.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You either love Cowherd or hate him. Harbaugh has always been a terrible interviewer and once he asked that stupid first question about are you ever soft, it was going to bad.

Cowherd is a douchebag, but we all knew this
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

A douche that is almost always right and tells people the hard truth that they don't want to hear

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Bug is right, JH didn't like that first question and became artfully vague and sabotaged that interview. He is a dick, he should have stayed at Furd. He fit there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:A douche that is almost always right and tells people the hard truth that they don't want to hear
Someone is spouting the company line. I've never met someone who was able to listen to him for more than 30 minutes at a time, but if that's your thing.
azcat49 wrote:Bug is right, JH didn't like that first question and became artfully vague and sabotaged that interview. He is a dick, he should have stayed at Furd. He fit there

He also talked about the Big-10 being a "buy" conference, so he asked JH about that. JH was like..."The Big-10 is a bye conference?" It was painfully obvious that JH didnt want to be talking to Cowherd about nothing, but I'm assuming this was one of those scheduled media things.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:A douche that is almost always right and tells people the hard truth that they don't want to hear
Someone is spouting the company line. I've never met someone who was able to listen to him for more than 30 minutes at a time, but if that's your thing.
azcat49 wrote:Bug is right, JH didn't like that first question and became artfully vague and sabotaged that interview. He is a dick, he should have stayed at Furd. He fit there

He also talked about the Big-10 being a "buy" conference, so he asked JH about that. JH was like..."The Big-10 is a bye conference?" It was painfully obvious that JH didnt want to be talking to Cowherd about nothing, but I'm assuming this was one of those scheduled media things.
Listened nearly every day for about 7 years. He can be grating sometimes but he is extremely objective, tells it how it is and crushes all the slack jawed homers out there. The people that dislike him are the ones that can't handle the truth about their favorite player/team/sport and only want to hear what they want to hear and be fed the company line. He's the only talk host I've ever heard that readily admits when he's wrong or had the wrong impression of something. Every Monday during football season he owns up to any bad takes or predictions or ideas he had about the weekends events. It's refreshing.

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Except for ASUHater, I've literally never seen or heard anyone online or in-person defend Cowherd let alone sing his praises as a sports radio god.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've always hated cowherd
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Cowherd can be all right, but he is more than capable of being a douchebag to the nth degree.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azgreg wrote:Cowherd can be all right, but he is more than capable of being a douchebag to the nth degree.
This is true. But this particular interview was totally because of Harbargh.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Cowherd can be a royal douche, but in this case JH was a much bigger POS. ;-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil wrote:Cowherd can be a royal douche, but in this case JH was a much bigger POS. ;-)
Which surprises me not at all.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

pokinmik wrote:Except for ASUHater, I've literally never seen or heard anyone online or in-person defend Cowherd let alone sing his praises as a sports radio god.
Because no one actually takes the time to pay attention or listen.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:Cowherd can be a royal douche, but in this case JH was a much bigger POS. ;-)
Yes sir.
ASUHATER! wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Except for ASUHater, I've literally never seen or heard anyone online or in-person defend Cowherd let alone sing his praises as a sports radio god.
If no one listens to Cowherd, how is he still on the air?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Chicat wrote:
Yes sir.
ASUHATER! wrote:
If no one listens to Cowherd, how is he still on the air?
If everyone hates him and his show, how is he still on the air?

Because I'm not the only enlightened one! That's why.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'd be willing to bet that there are people who hate listen the fuck out of Cowherd.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there are people who hate listen the fuck out of Cowherd.
Talking heads want you to love them or hate them, nothing in between.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I stopped listening to him 3 months after he got the ESPN gig. I have tried to listen a few times but I can find better things to listen to. I have no idea how he is still employed. Maybe he appeals to people younger than me.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there are people who hate listen the fuck out of Cowherd.
Yup. Cowherd readily admits a lot of people disagree this viewpoint and he says he welcomes it and it is totally fine with it as long as you can back up your argument and if you don't want to listen you can turn off the radio

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Yup. Cowherd readily admits a lot of people disagree this viewpoint and he says he welcomes it and it is totally fine with it as long as you can back up your argument and if you don't want to listen you can turn off the radio
And like most talking heads on the radio or TV he asks people to back up their arguments while almost never backing up any of his own.

He's a Skip Bayless super lite that piggybacked off his fleeting fame of sportsnation, which I only watched because of Beedle.

Overall, the guy is a massive tool and only ever heard his show once, never again. Would much rather listen to SVP.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Fishclamps wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:
And like most talking heads on the radio or TV he asks people to back up their arguments while almost never backing up any of his own.

He's a Skip Bayless super lite that piggybacked off his fleeting fame of sportsnation, which I only watched because of Beedle.

Overall, the guy is a massive tool and only ever heard his show once, never again. Would much rather listen to SVP.
Not true at all. He almost always backs up what he says. And if he turns out to be wrong, he owns up to it. And since you've only listened once how exactly can you have an accurate opinion of him? Talk about making things up and having nothing backing it up....

What a terrible post. F-

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:

Not true at all. He almost always backs up what he says. And if he turns out to be wrong, he owns up to it. And since you've only listened once how exactly can you have an accurate opinion of him? Talk about making things up and having nothing backing it up....

What a terrible post. F-
No he doesn't. He was super wrong about the Cavs in 6, (blah blah blah the team with the best player will always win, blah blah blah) but then bandwagoned onto the Warriors after they took the 3-2 lead. He never owned up it it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I said almost always. His post was still terrible. By the same logic, I can unequivocally say that he's a terrible poster that never knows what he's talking about since I read one post.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Way to potentially drive off future good contributors.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cowherd is a passive aggressive Pac-NW, NYC wanna-be loser.

The only thing he cares about his himself; hardly objective in the vast majority of his opinions.