What this community stands for...

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

What this community stands for...

Post by JMarkJohns »

We must decide. Initially we had a rally and a purpose. It coalesced and came together more quickly than any thing I had ever seen. It felt seemless.

In the years since, though there be a few upsets, and though some aren't as active as once were, the community has held.

Things are changing.

For whatever reasonings, whatever agendas, whatever motives, we have had blows to our unity.

So, what are we? What does this Board represent? What is our collective significance?

We were born out of necessity. We rallied around each other. We needed this to work.

Have we forgotten? Have we forsaken?

For my part, I would like to get to the bottom of things. What happened? What is needed to fix what happened? Speak freely. Vent, if needed. It's how we started. And I'll be damned if the lack contributes to our end.
JMarkJohns

Re: What this community stands for...

Post by JMarkJohns »

Anyone? Am I just talking to myself?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

JMarkJohns wrote:Anyone? Am I just talking to myself?
No you aren't and your attempts at reconciliation of the board are appreciated by me at least. Problem as I see it is that some posters keep throwing their political comments, agendas, biased statements into the Hoops section where a lot of us would rather discuss UA Hoops (which unites the fan base) as opposed to politics (which divides us).

Politics has its own active thread, sandbox for those who wish to partake. The Mods had stepped up and trying to keep the peace and enforce some basic rules of on topic, off topic but instead are being attacked by some posters who'd rather feel free to derail UA hoops topics with their own political viewpoints....which as we know doesn't end well.

Things just reached a new low when Longhorned called for Chicat to step down as a Mod for enforcing the board rules....WTF?

I just don't get the refusal to follow some basic simple rules, courtesies, etc in keeping politics out of the UA Hoops section. Good grief you'd think we'd be concentrating on beating the Oregon schools rather than this crap.

Anyways, your efforts are appreciated JMarkJohns....good luck and BTFD.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'd be willing to venture that there is alot of stress out there, non sports related, and that people are looking to release that stress in one form or another.

As for what this board stands for? It's a co-op, I think...and members should be on level ground with the ability to call out one another for things. If anyone is truly upset by anything, then that's on them IMO. It's a message board for Christ's sake.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

It's a community of people, most of whom are united by being fans of University of Arizona sports. By and large, we are also a group of people with intelligent but often differing opinions on a number of topics, many of which we enjoy discussing. That's about it.

IMO, if you want a place where you agree with everyone all the time, then you need to look somewhere else, because that ain't gonna happen here.

I appreciate the desire most people have to keep politics out of the sports forums, and even though I don't necessarily agree with it, I do support it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Look, I mostly can't stand Puerco...but that doesn't mean he doesn't get to write whatever he wants.

If he, or I, makes a ridiculous post and gets lambasted for it...it's up to that poster to fix it.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

puerco hit the nail on the head with my feelings about this mess.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:Anyone? Am I just talking to myself?
No you aren't and your attempts at reconciliation of the board are appreciated by me at least. Problem as I see it is that some posters keep throwing their political comments, agendas, biased statements into the Hoops section where a lot of us would rather discuss UA Hoops (which unites the fan base) as opposed to politics (which divides us).

Politics has its own active thread, sandbox for those who wish to partake. The Mods had stepped up and trying to keep the peace and enforce some basic rules of on topic, off topic but instead are being attacked by some posters who'd rather feel free to derail UA hoops topics with their own political viewpoints....which as we know doesn't end well.

Things just reached a new low when Longhorned called for Chicat to step down as a Mod for enforcing the board rules....WTF?

I just don't get the refusal to follow some basic simple rules, courtesies, etc in keeping politics out of the UA Hoops section. Good grief you'd think we'd be concentrating on beating the Oregon schools rather than this crap.

Anyways, your efforts are appreciated JMarkJohns....good luck and BTFD.
I'm going to point this out as an example of what this community should stand for. You keep singling me out. Your own record on what you point to me as the source for what you bemoan is visible to anyone who cares to look.

A) Instead of believing what you say, that "Longhorned called for Chicat to step down as a Mod for enforcing the board rules," they can read what Longhorned actually wrote.

B)

1. I posted an article about RHJ that was published in the sports section of the New York Post.
2. Chicat deleted it. His post about that is still in the Politics board.
3. I sought clarification from Chicat. That post is still in the Politics board.
4. Chicat told me to put my post back in the RHJ thread with different wording that I misunderstood, and he subsequently edited in my post to fully express his intention. That post is still in the RHJ thread, with Chicat's own wording, not mine.

You can say what you want. You can repeat it as many times as you want. You're the only person who should be held accountable for what you say, including what you say others say.

We shouldn't have to separate a post from what a post says.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is an Arizona sports forum first and foremost, IMO.

Next, this site is supposed to lack an agenda. It isn't set up to encourage people to get premium. It is supposed to be an open forum for discourse. It is supposed to be a place driven by the fans who conduct the discourse.

How that discourse is segmented is the issue. I don't think anyone thinks that this board should not have both a sports area and a politics area. The issue is how much crossover to have and what type of enforcement should exist.

There seem to be three significant camps, people who want politics and sports separate, people who want interplay and people who don't care. I am in the third group, but honestly think it is important to try to honor the views of the first two.

That's why I think a fair solution is full political posts in the sports board with links to further discussion. Both sides have to compromise. If you like politics separate, you have to overlook a post, but it should only have to be one. If you like your politics blended, you get to see it but have to follow the link to discuss.

In honoring the spirit of a non-agenda driven board that serves the fan, I think that solution honors both camps, which is something we should strive for. Is it 100% equal? Hell, I don't know. Almost nothing is, but that's where we hopefully rely on posters to recognize that even their opponents gave something up and move forward.
prh

Post by prh »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:This is an Arizona sports forum first and foremost, IMO.

Next, this site is supposed to lack an agenda. It isn't set up to encourage people to get premium. It is supposed to be an open forum for discourse. It is supposed to be a place driven by the fans who conduct the discourse.

How that discourse is segmented is the issue. I don't think anyone thinks that this board should not have both a sports area and a politics area. The issue is how much crossover to have and what type of enforcement should exist.

There seem to be three significant camps, people who want politics and sports separate, people who want interplay and people who don't care. I am in the third group, but honestly think it is important to try to honor the views of the first two.

That's why I think a fair solution is full political posts in the sports board with links to further discussion. Both sides have to compromise. If you like politics separate, you have to overlook a post, but it should only have to be one. If you like your politics blended, you get to see it but have to follow the link to discuss.

In honoring the spirit of a non-agenda driven board that serves the fan, I think that solution honors both camps, which is something we should strive for. Is it 100% equal? Hell, I don't know. Almost nothing is, but that's where we hopefully rely on posters to recognize that even their opponents gave something up and move forward.
Nailed it Spiff
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If posters, such as Chi (who is done with this site apparently) continue to abandon it...it won't continue to be what it is. When longtime posters/mods get attacked publicly, it erodes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I think pretty much everybody in this thread nails it. But since posters became vocally upset about a post that linked to the Politcs forum, it's likely that will happen again with that same solution. I just think it won't be a big deal, and after a few more upper board explosions about such links to appropriate discussions downboard, people will become used it. It's healthy for a community tolerate differing views and facilitate their discussion in the appropriate space.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:I think pretty much everybody in this thread nails it. But since posters became vocally upset about a post that linked to the Politcs forum, it's likely that will happen again with that same solution. I just think it won't be a big deal, and after a few more upper board explosions about such links to appropriate discussions downboard, people will become used it. It's healthy for a community tolerate differing views and facilitate their discussion in the appropriate space.
How Saul Alinkski of you. Keep the pressure on the opposition till they learn or break.

LH you bring so much to this board and in there is much more that I agree with than disagree with you, so please hear the spirit in this rather then the actually word themselves (I think we can agree that you would win a battle of semantics with most here). Also what I'm going to say is not necessarily directly toward you, but for the sake of discussion. Surely you can champion that.

This is a message board for cats fanatics to talk primarily about the cats. It's not a college 101 class room, its primary goal isnt to challenge the conventional thinking of its members. Truely challenging discussion does take place and I have been the benefit of great learning from its accomplished members from ALL walks of life, but that's because I engage and seek it out. I am comfortable with that dynamic. But I think it's incredibly important to recognize that not everyone is or cares to engage in that walk.

Should we all be adult enough to read a post that we disagree and move on, of course, but I think we have to remember that this is an outlet of escape from the stresses and other unsavory aspects of our daily lives. Once this site starts moving away from the fun of discussions cats or whatever it is we wish to discussed, and more towards contributions to the stress of live; it's finished. Maybe we are already there. I sure as hell hope not.

Lastly, I hope chi comes back. Politically we have had differences, but the guy clearly is a good person who loves his family and country. I have on occasion, in weaker lesser moments, personally attacked him and for that I am sorry. I hope he reads this. Conversely in my younger days at TOS, he has been generous with advice and helped me through some tough times. I don't know if I ever thanked him, but his advice on pm's or to the public board is always well appreciated. In hindsight maybe I lashed out on those rare occasions because I did/do have so much respect for him as a person or poster. Maybe in some level I saw him as a big brother on the board and to many of us. Lol, i doubt he'd feel the same toward me, but I hope he reads this and considers coming back after however long he wishes to stay away.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I am on a smart phone and don't care enough to correct grammar or spelling of the above post. It the message is there. Somewhere.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

For what it's worth, there's always settling things via a fistight at Wildcat Liquor. If we get enough participants, we can upgrade to an Anchorman style throwdown.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:For what it's worth, there's always settling things via a fistight at Wildcat Liquor. If we get enough participants, we can upgrade to an Anchorman style throwdown.
i call dibs on the grenade
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I want the trident.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I think pretty much everybody in this thread nails it. But since posters became vocally upset about a post that linked to the Politcs forum, it's likely that will happen again with that same solution. I just think it won't be a big deal, and after a few more upper board explosions about such links to appropriate discussions downboard, people will become used it. It's healthy for a community tolerate differing views and facilitate their discussion in the appropriate space.
How Saul Alinkski of you. Keep the pressure on the opposition till they learn or break.

LH you bring so much to this board and in there is much more that I agree with than disagree with you, so please hear the spirit in this rather then the actually word themselves (I think we can agree that you would win a battle of semantics with most here). Also what I'm going to say is not necessarily directly toward you, but for the sake of discussion. Surely you can champion that.

This is a message board for cats fanatics to talk primarily about the cats. It's not a college 101 class room, its primary goal isnt to challenge the conventional thinking of its members. Truely challenging discussion does take place and I have been the benefit of great learning from its accomplished members from ALL walks of life, but that's because I engage and seek it out. I am comfortable with that dynamic. But I think it's incredibly important to recognize that not everyone is or cares to engage in that walk.

Should we all be adult enough to read a post that we disagree and move on, of course, but I think we have to remember that this is an outlet of escape from the stresses and other unsavory aspects of our daily lives. Once this site starts moving away from the fun of discussions cats or whatever it is we wish to discussed, and more towards contributions to the stress of live; it's finished. Maybe we are already there. I sure as hell hope not.

Lastly, I hope chi comes back. Politically we have had differences, but the guy clearly is a good person who loves his family and country. I have on occasion, in weaker lesser moments, personally attacked him and for that I am sorry. I hope he reads this. Conversely in my younger days at TOS, he has been generous with advice and helped me through some tough times. I don't know if I ever thanked him, but his advice on pm's or to the public board is always well appreciated. In hindsight maybe I lashed out on those rare occasions because I did/do have so much respect for him as a person or poster. Maybe in some level I saw him as a big brother on the board and to many of us. Lol, i doubt he'd feel the same toward me, but I hope he reads this and considers coming back after however long he wishes to stay away.
I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but also the substance. What you say about a message board like a college course sounds horrible. I wouldn't visit that site, either.

And I also hope Chicat comes back. There are lots of great posters, but among them he's second none.

What I was referring to was what Spiff said, and which echoes what other said in this thread and elsewhere, and which is indeed what happened in the thread that caused so much deleted discussion:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's why I think a fair solution is full political posts in the sports board with links to further discussion. Both sides have to compromise. If you like politics separate, you have to overlook a post, but it should only have to be one. If you like your politics blended, you get to see it but have to follow the link to discuss.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:Look, I mostly can't stand Puerco...but that doesn't mean he doesn't get to write whatever he wants.

If he, or I, makes a ridiculous post and gets lambasted for it...it's up to that poster to fix it.
Yeah, let's be serious here. If ODogg and I can coexist, then there's no reason for two guys who've been around here and been good friends for a lot longer than the two of us (not to mention contributed a lot more than either or both together) can't iron things out. You two guys fix this shit up.

And...

You tools who bring politics into the sports boards on purpose just stop. It's not funny.

And you pussies who can't handle reading a perspective other than your own -- ever -- just sack up and deal with it. I don't give a shit if your delicate sensibilities are offended on occasion.

Christ.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

This community doesn't cater to one political persuasion or belief structure.

We aren't here to offend, nor are we here to tip-toe.

Adults need to be adults and be able to converse, not just argue, to comment, and not just take issue, to respond, not just react. Similarly, Adults should be able to read and just let be.

It's on everyone.

If adults act like adults, moderators aren't needed.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

I don't think there is just about anything the mods can do to promote unity or purpose on this board. It's not something you can legislate or enforce.

It will come down to how people treat each other. And I don't think that means less arguing or disagreement. Without arguments this place (or any other forum) just becomes a circle jerk. The very history of the word forum implies debate. The forum was a Roman civic space where people went to argue and discuss subjects with other people.

The biggest change that can be made is the members of the forum need to commit not to take offense during an argument. You cannot control others think or say but you have 100% control on how those things affect you. Being offended is a choice.

I'm not saying there are limits to what should be allowed here. Threats or over the top personal insults should not be allowed, but if you're going to throw a fit over being called a facist or a snowflake that's more on you than anyone else.

And ya I know, I know I don't have a lot of posts, but I have spent a decent amount of time here. I have even more experience on a different, music focused forum that went through similar strife a few years back, made a few leadership and rule changes and is now an incredibly close community of people from all around the world, many of whom I consider my closest friends in the real world after having been there for almost ten years and traveling all over the country with them.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Came back for a quick second to check info on if the team was safe in Spain and not much has changed. Wish everyone well, but I'll be staying away from this site going forward, as much as possible.

Take care fellas.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:Came back for a quick second to check info on if the team was safe in Spain and not much has changed. Wish everyone well, but I'll be staying away from this site going forward, as much as possible.

Take care fellas.
Sad to hear that odogg. I just realized you were largely absent the last 5 months today and wondered what happened. Would love to have you around posting more.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

We will miss you and your contributions Odogg. I more often then not agree with your insightful takes on BB.

But let's be real about the espana thread.
1. EV asked if we should/could discussion the political factors that lead to the attack.
2. Odogg asked that if it was a problem to do so to pm him directly. This post came as I was responding to EV giving my opinion that I would prefer we keep it separate from a thread about Arizona bb in Spain as we were all on line and needles waiting for word on the safety of the team, the traveling party, and cats fans.
3. Odogg responded with a huffy passive aggressive answer to the effects of "let's just talk the players and rebounds from last nights game you didn't watch". He had two such statements before I responded.

My initial request/opinion/response to EV was calm and measured. Other posters agreed with my take. To the degree that I was offended that Odogg responded in the way he did to me. And yes, I've gone of the rails before with politically charged posts but didn't not in my initial response and not here. But I also will not back down when dismissed the way Odogg dismissed my very reasonable request/opinion.

So I responded in the harsh manner that I did. My goal was not to "drive off Odogg".

Which goes to the bigger theme of this thread: if people behave like adults no moderators are needed right?

The espana thread was non political. I expressed an non confrontational opinion. Doesn't seem very co-op like when something like that receives the passive aggressive response that it did. I expect that give in take in the political boards, but don't think they have role in the sports threads.

If we can't figure out a way for this board to be understanding of at least all reasonable non confrontational perspectives even if they are different than our own, than this "welcoming co-op" is just that in name only.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

1- ODogg is 1 of my favorite posters here.

2- ODogg over-reacted in the espana thread.

3. If he is leaving because of the little back and forth there, it's on him and no one else.

4. I really hope Odogg was being a little emotional today because of the events today and really doesn't leave.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:1- ODogg is 1 of my favorite posters here.

2- ODogg over-reacted in the espana thread.

3. If he is leaving because of the little back and forth there, it's on him and no one else.

4. I really hope Odogg was being a little emotional today because of the events today and really doesn't leave.
I hope he doesn't either...but unless I'm mistaken he only had 1 post on the boards between March 23rd and today.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He historically takes the summer off.

I think it's reasonable that many of us were emotional in the espana thread before getting the official confirmation from the players program.

I hope he comes back.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Olsondogg wrote:
Hate is hate. I'm over labeling it. Love is the only antidote to hate.

If anyone has a problem with that being too political for this thread, hit me up on PM.
Didn't want to really stir shit up, but I want what I typed on record. This was my post. If that's too far for some, or to political for others... I don't know what to say.

If you are pro hate and anti love, then this isn't the place for me anyway-I don't care what fucking thread it's in. I appreciate the kind sentiments above, but it is unnecessary. I just don't need to be in a place where people say "stay in your lane" for something that I posted above.

I hope we have a great season, and I'll be the same homer I was before...but I'll stick to twitter.

Take care!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Oh please, you and I both know that's not what I was responding too.

And as mentioned I did not see your post intially as I was responding to EV. You mistook my leave politics out do this thread as directed to you, when it wasn't, because my post dropped after yours. I didn't feel the need to respond to you post since my original one wasn't directed at yours.

Feel free to paint me as Anti-love or Pro-hate or whatever label you wish to use, but stop playing the martyr; you're above that.

You too!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Because Twitter is a safe space........................
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I would hope that we can shake off pettiness and rally around what we know, who we are, why we're here.

I know I missed the heat of it.

I'm sure this all sucked.

But none of us are here because we promote hate.

If anyone does, contact me. It will be surgically removed.

Because that's what I believe this community stands for.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Oh no. Now who am I going to fight with?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I know this isn't a popular sentiment right now, but the way I feel is when the need to be right (even if not entirely right) is greater than the need to be "us" (or united), then we have a bigger problem.

Divisiveness is a cancer that can't be cured without being removed.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The BB team was near a worldwide reported terror attack, there's naturally going to be some bleed over into PRB type talk - it happens. I don't have a problem with it, sports and real life converge all the time.

I didn't read any of the posts, but as members of a community, like a family, disagreements and salty behavior happens. We need to rise above it and not let it get in the way of what we are trying to do here. Have fun talking about U of A sports and world events with fellow U of A fans. It's a common bond we all have.

Keep that in mind when posting.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Good time to reread my post.

Quit the fucking bitching. Quit the name calling. Quit the personal attack. If you can’t let differences alone from thread to thread, if you always have to make a post personal, then we will be re-evaluating your worth to the community.

This is a nuclear option, but it’s at that point.

Shape the fuck up or we are going to have to do it for you.

Find a way to enjoy each other again.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

being threatening isn't usually a very popular approach to people who have been part of a community for 10-15 years.

edit: people are going to have differing opinions, will dissent, and will not like each other sometimes. sorry. if disagreements and arguments and support and discussion and sometimes even negative views of the teams we all love and support are no longer allowed on this board then i will take leave of it. to much dismay i would add.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

scumdevils86 wrote:being threatening isn't usually a very popular approach to people who have been part of a community for 10-15 years.
You are not a victim. Everyone has control of what they post and how they act. We have been very direct as to what we expect from the community here both openly on this board and privately to individuals via PM. Some have received the message. Some have chosen not to.

Give it a rest.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:being threatening isn't usually a very popular approach to people who have been part of a community for 10-15 years.
You are not a victim. Everyone has control of what they post and how they act. We have been very direct as to what we expect from the community here both openly on this board and privately to individuals via PM. Some have received the message. Some have chosen not to.

Give it a rest.
unfortunately it has been a very one sided approach to side with people like machina and other "good fans" to squash any possible dissent or negative opinions. again, if criticizing someone for their awful takes on a subject like sports that is infinitely debatable (and much more civil here than anywhere else i've seen online) is no longer allowed here then I will stop posting or talking about arizona sports. I'll stick around for the lower boards as I get value from that. blind homerism and the asshole commentary from many about the quality of my fandom or how I choose to spend my time needs to be addressed and checked by moderators as well.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

JMarkJohns wrote:Good time to reread my post.

Quit the fucking bitching. Quit the name calling. Quit the personal attack. If you can’t let differences alone from thread to thread, if you always have to make a post personal, then we will be re-evaluating your worth to the community.

This is a nuclear option, but it’s at that point.

Shape the fuck up or we are going to have to do it for you.

Find a way to enjoy each other again.
I agree, but some people on here have to realize that differing opinions are ok. Lately it feels like it you don't fully drink the Kool aid for everything Arizona sports related then you're not allowed to have an opinion. The overt squashing of dissent isn't what this board should be either.

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

You and your brother should put Machina on "Ignore.' Either that or just let him post and let it go.

Please, for the rest of us!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Even if you don't agree with the sunshine pushers just let them disagree, why keep arguing about it - it just leads to arguing about being able to argue, arguably speaking.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

wyo-cat wrote:You and your brother should put Machina on "Ignore.' Either that or just let him post and let it go.

Please, for the rest of us!
I have had him on ignore for months. Sometimes his awful posts are such low hanging fruit though that need to be addressed.

There are just overall so many little early signs of the sports boards on here turning into cactus ranch or the LSU tiger droppings or any other massively restrictive and homer boards. Any concern, criticism, or comments that aren't excessively complimentary of the coaches or program are immediately attacked by tons of people. Have I and others made mistakes and created unnecessary fights? Yea, I'll admit it and take responsibility for it and will try to better myself for it...but so does everyone else. Dissent shouldn't be squashed, it should be encouraged. Having a comment in a thread that is posted in the heat of a game thread that sounds frustrated with the team is perfectly fine and doesn't deserve personal attacks.

We can stop the slide to a board like cactus ranch now if everyone gets on board. I definitely am.

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

One thing I’ve noticed in all my almost 2 decades of messag boarding is dissenting opinions must be tolerated so long as they are mine and all wrong opinions must be righted so long as they are yours.

Take a look in the mirror.

If this is you, chill the fuck out.

If it’s not, pardon my French.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

JMarkJohns wrote:One thing I’ve noticed in all my almost 2 decades of messag boarding is dissenting opinions must be tolerated so long as they are mine and all wrong opinions must be righted so long as they are yours.

Take a look in the mirror.

If this is you, chill the fuck out.

If it’s not, pardon my French.
Agree since that definitely isn't me or anything I've attempted to be on this board. I'm fine with everyone having differing opinions, it's just that lately, anything that isn't being a sunshine pumper is being cracked down on North Korea style.

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

scumdevils86 wrote: if criticizing someone for their awful takes on a subject like sports that is infinitely debatable (and much more civil here than anywhere else i've seen online) is no longer allowed here then I will stop posting or talking about arizona sports.
IMHO..you shouldn't criticize the person, criticize the post using logical arguments and not name calling.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

What I want from this board is information and discussion about Wildcat sports. Positive or negative the view doesn't make any difference as long as it is backed up.

What I don't want is petty personality disputes and threads taken over by a few posters who can't just agree to disagree.

I don't see the danger of becoming a board filled with blind cheerleaders, but I do see the danger of actual Wildcat discussion getting overshadowed by personal fueds.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ANGCatFan wrote:What I want from this board is information and discussion about Wildcat sports. Positive or negative the view doesn't make any difference as long as it is backed up.

What I don't want is petty personality disputes and threads taken over by a few posters who can't just agree to disagree.

I don't see the danger of becoming a board filled with blind cheerleaders, but I do see the danger of actual Wildcat discussion getting overshadowed by personal fueds.
yep
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ANGCatFan wrote:What I want from this board is information and discussion about Wildcat sports. Positive or negative the view doesn't make any difference as long as it is backed up.

Being a blind homer board that violently crushes dissent is far far worse than people getting into arguments.

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

JMarkJohns wrote:This community doesn't cater to one political persuasion or belief structure.

We aren't here to offend, nor are we here to tip-toe.

Adults need to be adults and be able to converse, not just argue, to comment, and not just take issue, to respond, not just react. Similarly, Adults should be able to read and just let be.

It's on everyone.

If adults act like adults, moderators aren't needed.
Once again.

Read it. Learn it. Live it.

Please. The world can be a maddening place if you can’t just let shit go. If you can’t change it, let it go.

Outside of enfuego, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything here in an aggressive tone. OK, maybe also 4Life.

They are trolls.

Most fights now are amongst posters.

If you can’t tell the difference, you’re part of the problem.

I don’t agree with most of you on almost anything. But I appreciate this space and your right to speak.

But it only works when you all do similarly toward every civil Poster.

Civility begets civility begets respects

So, please. Don’t make me North Korea you.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Being a blind homer board that violently crushes dissent is far far worse than people getting into arguments.
There’s a happy medium where nobody is a homer and the only real arguments are over PJC’s actual height.