General Error

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

the real dill

General Error

Post by the real dill »

I'm getting this message every time I try to post in the 2016 recruiting thread:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x90\xBB\xE2\xAC...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Alieberman

Re: General Error

Post by Alieberman »

This would be a great post in the General Discussion thread.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I was able to post in that thread but it took a really long time to load my post after I made it.

Try it now and let us know what happens.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

No big deal. I was just saying a quick glance at Speights tweets post FSU seem pretty positive for UofA.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Our SQL database is a real bear. That's been the holdup in transferring the db to the permanent domain. A 3rd part php script is needed to handle the import of our DB into a blank DB on the new host. I have yet to get said script to migrate the data yet...bastards. lol. I may need to seek assistance in the near future if things remain at cross purposes. ;-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Sorry if this is too ... stupid ... but can't a database be exported in a variety of formats, then imported into a new one with the appropriate sql query? I've only watched over someone's shoulder while something like this has been done, so I could be getting it all wrong, just wondering.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Sorry if this is too ... stupid ... but can't a database be exported in a variety of formats, then imported into a new one with the appropriate sql query? I've only watched over someone's shoulder while something like this has been done, so I could be getting it all wrong, just wondering.
This is the procedure phpbb recommends:

https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/transf ... or-domain/

The DB needs to be rebuilt and imported into a blank SQL db using bigdump.php. When I reach the step to actually run bigdump the script turn out a bizarre screen output basically listing every bit of possible text (all error and notices, lol). It it supposed to be a nice java interface when it works right. :-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:Sorry if this is too ... stupid ... but can't a database be exported in a variety of formats, then imported into a new one with the appropriate sql query? I've only watched over someone's shoulder while something like this has been done, so I could be getting it all wrong, just wondering.
This is the procedure phpbb recommends:

https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/transf ... or-domain/

The DB needs to be rebuilt and imported into a blank SQL db using bigdump.php. When I reach the step to actually run bigdump the script turn out a bizarre screen output basically listing every bit of possible text (all error and notices, lol). It it supposed to be a nice java interface when it works right. :-)
Following a recommended procedure?

Woah, woah, woah....are you one of those guy who reads the assembly directions too? ;)

Guess phpbb is more complicated than what I was seeing in the past :(
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: