Forum Migration

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: Forum Migration

Post by UAEebs86 »

The old domain isn't forwarding here that I can tell,
and the old forum forum database is still available at the old link.

Are we waiting to make sure everything is OK first?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I have one forum showing up under unread posts.
"Police Brutality". When I click on the link to go to last unread post, it brings me to the end of Page 1 of this forum.

Also, it says the last post in that thread is by devilswin99, but it's not, it's by Chicat.

That forum doesn't get marked read for me no matter how many times I click on it.
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

JMark- that simple change you made in your blog made all the difference in my mind. Great work
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Is this Heaven?

No, it's BearDownWildcats.com an Arizona Wildcat fan community, imagined by Arizona Wildcat fans, built by Arizona Wildcat fans and run by Arizona Wildcat fans.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

There are still people logged in and posting at the old domain.

The url is not being forwarded here when I browse using my phone. I saw others post that they were getting forwarded-what gives? I have logged out, cleared cookies, etc.

We seem to still be in a state of limbo with both domains working.
-JB
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

There should be a special announcement on the front page, or some place everyone can see to redirect people here. There are fans still posting on the other site who have no idea everyone else has moved. At least we won't have MAO deleting links to here.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I saw enfuego post. I won't let him know and allow him to keep posting to a ghost town.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

It's really odd. The old domain is set to forward, but some mobile browsers apparently do not get that message. I've disabled the old board so there will be no further posts there.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Things are looking good to me but I am on a laptop. Went to the old site, cleared cookies, logged in and everything is fine. Thanks for all the hard work UADevil!
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

That process was a lot of frustrating times. lol. Took 6 hours instead of 2 because I'm an idiot. Imported and copied all board files 7 or 8 times without it working right. Then, I deleted the cache at the new domain and boom, works great. Had I just cleared that cache after the first copy attempt we'd have been up by 5pm last night. Sorry. :-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Awesome work. You should be proud
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Olsondogg wrote:Awesome work. You should be proud
Mostly tired. :-)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Everything is working awesome UADevil. Great work last night.

-JB
prh

Post by prh »

UAdevil wrote:It's really odd. The old domain is set to forward, but some mobile browsers apparently do not get that message. I've disabled the old board so there will be no further posts there.
What I think is happening:

When you go to the main domain (forum.pe.com) it redirects here, but if your browser autocompletes to forum.pe.com/index.php then it makes it to the old forum. Not sure about mobile browsers. At least anyone going there now knows to come here.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

prh wrote:
UAdevil wrote:It's really odd. The old domain is set to forward, but some mobile browsers apparently do not get that message. I've disabled the old board so there will be no further posts there.

When you go to the main domain (forum.pe.com) it redirects here, but if your browser autocompletes to forum.pe.com/index.php then it makes it to the old forum. Not sure about mobile browsers. At least anyone going there now knows to come here.
Yep, that was it. I had a bookmark going to search unreadposts, and it didn't get redirected, but I see now the main link is redirected.
I guess others had the same thing going on and were still logging in over there because of it.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:

Yep, that was it. I had a bookmark going to search unreadposts, and it didn't get redirected, but I see now the main link is redirected.
I guess others had the same thing going on and were still logging in over there because of it.
So now that it's disabled and some are not being redirected how are we going to make sure everyone knows to come here now?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:

So now that it's disabled and some are not being redirected how are we going to make sure everyone knows to come here now?
Now they get a message to clear cookies and go to beardownwildcats.com
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
prh wrote:

Now they get a message to clear cookies and go to beardownwildcats.com
I just went there and it doesn't seem to be the case.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I modified redirect settings a bit. Should work now for those whose browsers are pointing to a specific file i.e index.php, viewforus.php. Those should also now redirect here.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

No mine redirects here. Perfect!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:I modified redirect settings a bit. Should work now for those whose browsers are pointing to a specific file i.e index.php, viewforus.php. Those should also now redirect here.
You did a beautiful job from top to bottom. If you are ever in the Chicago area, an obscene number of drinks are on me.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Chicat wrote:
UAdevil wrote:I modified redirect settings a bit. Should work now for those whose browsers are pointing to a specific file i.e index.php, viewforus.php. Those should also now redirect here.
You did a beautiful job from top to bottom. If you are ever in the Chicago area, an obscene number of drinks are on me.
I might take you up on that sometime. I'm in Chicago at least once a year. :-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I might take you up on that sometime. I'm in Chicago at least once a year. :-)
Just tell me when. If you have the time, I'm making it my mission to get you drunk.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Thanks for all the hard work on making this site for us!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

nice work, guys! well done.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm liking the new digs :)

good job on the migration :)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ironj01

Post by ironj01 »

Great job everyone, looks great
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Love It all, but I'm a perfectionist....

Can "Donate" become "Contribute" or "Support"?

Can the blog get response options?

Can the menu text be more balanced within space. It's left justified, or something.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

JMarkJohns wrote:Love It all, but I'm a perfectionist....

Can the menu text be more balanced within space. It's left justified, or something.
Probably. Will take some time though.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAdevil wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:Love It all, but I'm a perfectionist....

Probably. Will take some time though.
No worries. Just making a list. :)
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Next week I should have some time to work on some tweaks and mods. Rep for one. There's a phpbb analog called Karma that looks good.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Great job on the migration buddy. Not as good as TOS, but not bad all the same.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAdevil shout out.

Nice job dude.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote:Next week I should have some time to work on some tweaks and mods. Rep for one. There's a phpbb analog called Karma that looks good.
My only request is a "View New Posts" button on every page instead of just the on the Index page. If not, no big deal. The site looks awesome.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Very nicely done - "Thank You" to all involved.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

To UAdevil, JMJ, et. al. . .

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I don't know jack shit about search engine optimization - who here does so that this site shows up near the top of searches for "University of Arizona message boards"?
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

UAEebs86 wrote:I don't know jack shit about search engine optimization - who here does so that this site shows up near the top of searches for "University of Arizona message boards"?
It'll take a couple weeks for the bots to all crawl through here. Then we'll start moving up the search rankings.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Good because just for the hell of it, I searched the title of this website and I got the history of Bear Down and no forum.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

If I google 'bear down wildcats' the 3rd link that shows up is for forum.prodigaleyelid.com, which fortunately now redirects here.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Just awesome! Kudos UAdevil, M2C, KF with the graphics & counsel and JMJ on that snazzy mission statement!
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

So, is the donation button ready to go?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Should be. I have to make a snazzier button that fits the look soon, but it should get the job done if anyone cares to contribute. Absolutely no obligation or expectation of course.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

UAdevil wrote:If I google 'bear down wildcats' the 3rd link that shows up is for forum.prodigaleyelid.com, which fortunately now redirects here.
Number two now.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

2 on google

5 on Bing

Eff Bing
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Submitting sites for Google indexing: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I thought the way to move up int he google ranks was to repeatedly say things like.

DID YOU KNOW CRAIG JAMES KILLED 5 HOOKERS?

or

beardownwildcats.com is THE BEST ARIZONA SPORTS FORUM EVER!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton

Put that at the bottom of every page and we'll kicked out of Google. Seriously though, the best way to get ranked is to have awesome content. The blog and epic posts should cover that area just fine.