10,000 Posts

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

10,000 Posts

Post by Chicat »

Didn't take long for me and Merk to get there did it....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Re: 10,000 Posts

Post by UAdevil »

Craziness
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Damn strong work you two.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Look me up in about 10 years.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Damn!

You all are dedicated to your craft!
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Scrong.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Why I make up in quantity I lack in quality.

Many are in the in game threads going: WTF YORK!
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

10,000 posts and a five dollar bill will get you a nice cup of coffee at your nearest Starbucks.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Another 4 to 5 years and I'll get my 10k
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Losers ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KaibabKat wrote:10,000 posts and a five dollar bill will get you a nice cup of coffee at your nearest Starbucks.
Suppose I want to add a cake pop?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I liked the block A's at TOS. One for each thousand and half for each 500.

Instant cred.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Not that I'd be a 5-figure poster by now, but I feel like other people around here had a clearer grasp than I did of the inevitable triumph of the dark side of the for-profit, national corporation-driven boards we all fled from in the first place.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So like Scout really sucks now? (worse then it did previously?)

What happened?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

wyo-cat wrote:I liked the block A's at TOS. One for each thousand and half for each 500.

Instant cred.
Which reminds me, when I we getting rep around here? I thought one of the admins said it was an option with the board software we are using.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:So like Scout really sucks now? (worse then it did previously?)

What happened?
It doesn't suck, they know exactly what they're doing, just like Applebee's does. But there's a reason why people who eat at Mi Nidito don't eat at Applebee's. Some people conclude that quality comes from the small-scale, local, community-based, and continuity and tradition. Others are fine with the top-down, for-profit, and corporate, and are fine basically eating warmed-up Alpo. It's a question of fit, not suckitude. Only PGU objectively sucks.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:So like Scout really sucks now? (worse then it did previously?)

What happened?
It doesn't suck, they know exactly what they're doing, just like Applebee's does. But there's a reason why people who eat at Mi Nidito don't eat at Applebee's. Some people conclude that quality comes from the small-scale, local, community-based, and continuity and tradition. Others are fine with the top-down, for-profit, and corporate, and are fine basically eating warmed-up Alpo. It's a question of fit, not suckitude. Only PGU objectively sucks.
This is a tremendous statement that sums up so many things in America.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I absolutely refuse to go to Applebee's or any chain restaurants. Went around 10 years ago or so. Ordered a steak, which came with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I told the waitress to leave off the mushrooms. She came back, and said they can't do that since everything comes premixed.

Recall ZonaDefender1 at TOS wanted to go to every PAC city for a game, and hit up Applebee's. I asked him why, since every single one is the same, and the food is all the same. Forgot what he said, but something like at least you know what you are getting.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Can't even remember that last time i ate at a chain like Applebee's or chili's or red lobster or olive garden. Most chain-y I go is like five guys
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

There is a rep type feature for phpbb boards. I've put off trying it because apparently some folks have had serious implementation issues...things like corrupted databases and broken features. I'd still like to see that feature at some point though.
UAEebs86 wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:I liked the block A's at TOS. One for each thousand and half for each 500.

Instant cred.
Which reminds me, when I we getting rep around here? I thought one of the admins said it was an option with the board software we are using.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:I absolutely refuse to go to Applebee's or any chain restaurants. Went around 10 years ago or so. Ordered a steak, which came with grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I told the waitress to leave off the mushrooms. She came back, and said they can't do that since everything comes premixed.
That's what happens at Scout. The person you interact with directly is cool, obviously, and understanding and apologetic and great at his job, but has no way of leaving off the mushrooms because the corporation decided that it was going to be premixed with the peppers and onions. The corporation knows what they're doing when they make these decisions, and they'd rather have Merkin never come back than have him sit there asking why he's being fed like a farm animal. There's enough customers who basically are farm animals, and Scout makes a uniform site for all fan bases, just like Applebee's makes a uniform restaurant for every neighborhood. All serve the lowest common denominator.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Which is why I believe that American quantity will never have quality as what you would find with European products/manufacturing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:Which is why I believe that American quantity will never have quality as what you would find with European products/manufacturing.
Americans do beef like nobody else, but yeah, for some reason, Europeans didn't lower their standards for just about everything else, but I can kind of feel that happening recently. Recently I've had truly high quality, truly American-made food that's on the European level (La Quercia, Anson Mills, Rancho Gordo, some really expensive Wisconsin cheeses).

I don't know where I'm supposed to send my money to, but otherwise I think this message board does everything right, in that it just works. And if there are things we want to change and improve, we can decide to do it. It's a pretty high quality product. Pretty amazing when I think about it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Which is why I believe that American quantity will never have quality as what you would find with European products/manufacturing.
Just watch top gear to know this. I'd always buy a German or British car over an American given the choice.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Just watch top gear to know this. I'd always buy a German or British car over an American given the choice.
Exactly. American corporate mentality to to make a product just good enough for most of the population to tolerate and want. But don't add anything special and craftsmanship...well to hell with that.