Politics

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

Re: Politics

Post by Jefe »

I'm on here maybe every 24 hours and almost 40% of the new posts are political. There is a small percentage of active members who discuss politics on here. Why don't we make Politics/Religion its own separate forum and anyone who wants to post in it or see posts in it needs to PM a mod to get in?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

it...it is a separate forum?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Jefe wrote:I'm on here maybe every 24 hours and almost 40% of the new posts are political. There is a small percentage of active members who discuss politics on here. Why don't we make Politics/Religion its own separate forum and anyone who wants to post in it or see posts in it needs to PM a mod to get in?
This doesn't make sense.

It is a separate forum and we don't intend to restrict membership. Nobody is force to open up any threads in the Political forum.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:
Jefe wrote:I'm on here maybe every 24 hours and almost 40% of the new posts are political. There is a small percentage of active members who discuss politics on here. Why don't we make Politics/Religion its own separate forum and anyone who wants to post in it or see posts in it needs to PM a mod to get in?
This doesn't make sense.

It is a separate forum and we don't intend to restrict membership. Nobody is force to open up any threads in the Political forum.
seriously... wtf jefe
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Its a subsection of "Non Sports Talk." Make it a completely separate forum and all political posts go in there. It just seems that the ones who come here to discuss politics are tearing this board apart

I skip over the posts because I come here for the sports talk. But people like 97cats are close to joining Chi and leaving over this
Last edited by Jefe on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Jefe wrote:Its a subsection of "Non Sports Talk." Make it completely separate forum and all political posts go in there. It just seems that the ones who come here to discuss politics are tearing this board apart
That's correct, but the sub section is clearly labeled "Politics and Religion" and every thread started in this section is clearly labeled "Politics and Religion"

Nobody is getting fooled here. What difference would it make if it was it's own section or a sub-section? Yes Politics could be its own section but I really don't think it would change anything. Do you?

And no one is tearing this board apart. There have been a couple posts made that have been put into discussion and almost everybody seems welcome to the idea of keeping things separated for the most part.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Jefe wrote:Its a subsection of "Non Sports Talk." Make it a completely separate forum and all political posts go in there. It just seems that the ones who come here to discuss politics are tearing this board apart

I skip over the posts because I come here for the sports talk. But people like 97cats are close to joining Chi and leaving over this
:roll: just because you are a trumpista doesn't mean the rest of the board has to be segregated son. and as much as I appreciate 97's contributions he doesn't really post much at all anymore.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Typical republican colors trying to gerrymander and combat speech and viewership on a sports forum.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Alieberman wrote:That's correct, but the sub section is clearly labeled "Politics and Religion" and every thread started in this section is clearly labeled "Politics and Religion"

Nobody is getting fooled here. What difference would it make if it was it's own section or a sub-section? Yes Politics could be its own section but I really don't think it would change anything. Do you?
None. But making it invite only would hide the threads that 85% of the members don't come here for.
scumdevils86 wrote::roll: just because you are a trumpista doesn't mean the rest of the board has to be segregated son.
pokinmik wrote:Typical republican colors trying to gerrymander and combat speech and viewership on a sports forum.
this type of crap
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

lol I meant it in a light hearted way. True jokes are the funniest.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

pokinmik wrote:lol I meant it in a light hearted way. True jokes are the funniest.
Ha, hard for me to tell anymore after dealing with bruins, scum and asuhater for far too long.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
pokinmik wrote:lol I meant it in a light hearted way. True jokes are the funniest.
Ha, hard for me to tell anymore after dealing with bruins, scum and asuhater for far too long.
you're welcome to leave!

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Jefe wrote:
you're welcome to leave!
Don't listen. I hope you do keep posting in Politics forum... it's been too much of an echo chamber without you.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:you're welcome to leave!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

well when some people obviously cannot handle being in a place where the majority disagrees with their political opinions...maybe they should rethink their participation in that environment.

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Nobody is welcome to leave.

This isn't anyone's fucking house. Don't engage to eradicate.

Everyone is welcome. It's a goddamn public park. If you don't like the kid flying a kite. Move. If you don't want to step in dog shit, watch where you walk. If you want to play basketball, play basketball.

At the same point, it not your fucking house, to treat people with respect, don't start bullshit fights, walk the fuck away if you disagree, and clean up after your own shit.

If people want to leave a park, it's not the park's fault, it's the fucking people's.

So get your shit together.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Agree with JMJ very much. This isn't your board, Hater, so please stop welcoming people to leave.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I didn't tell anyone to leave. Everyone has the right to do what they want here. One of those rights is to leave if you don't like it.

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

The only problem I had was when politics were injected into the RHJ thread. It came out of left field. It may be true but I don't come to BDW for politics anymore. I got flamed too much and lost much interest. Mostly there is a circle jerk mentality here, and people get slammed if they don't follow that mentality. So I come to the board now for sports. I am very political but get my fill elsewhere. Plus I am an activist at times.

I agree with what Chicat and PoM did. And I believe all politics should be left in its own forum. Politics and religion should be spoken with caution, for people can take it very personally.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:I didn't tell anyone to leave. Everyone has the right to do what they want here. One of those rights is to leave if you don't like it.
The simple truth is that you act like a dick to anyone who doesn't share an opinion with you, and you don't often show the capability of having a rational discussion without immediately devolving into juvenile name calling.

It's tiresome, and statements like 'You're welcome to leave' don't help. This isn't PGU.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Catintheheat wrote:The only problem I had was when politics were injected into the RHJ thread. It came out of left field. It may be true but I don't come to BDW for politics anymore. I got flamed too much and lost much interest. Mostly there is a circle jerk mentality here, and people get slammed if they don't follow that mentality. So I come to the board now for sports. I am very political but get my fill elsewhere. Plus I am an activist at times.

I agree with what Chicat and PoM did. And I believe all politics should be left in its own forum. Politics and religion should be spoken with caution, for people can take it very personally.
Agreed 100% Catintheheat! Well-said.....also, DAMN, what I love most about the Hoops forum is that it's filled with my fellow Cat Fans and we can all enjoy the team, coach, program together without pissing on each other with divisive politics......like we don't get that crap ad-nauseam in the press already!

Bear Down Cat!
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:I didn't tell anyone to leave. Everyone has the right to do what they want here. One of those rights is to leave if you don't like it.
The simple truth is that you act like a dick to anyone who doesn't share an opinion with you, and you don't often show the capability of having a rational discussion without immediately devolving into juvenile name calling.

It's tiresome, and statements like 'You're welcome to leave' don't help. This isn't PGU.
Yet another awesome post Puerco and I really hate to use the ignore function but having put Hater back on it certainly makes me enjoy the board more......now hopefully we can just get back to Hoops on the Hoops Forum.....certainly need a positive vibe after our ass-whooping at Duck U :-(
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

Yet another awesome post Puerco and I really hate to use the ignore function but having put Hater back on it certainly makes me enjoy the board more......now hopefully we can just get back to Hoops on the Hoops Forum.....certainly need a positive vibe after our ass-whooping at Duck U :-(
So true! All hail our God Emperor Trump! Amirite?
Bangkok Wildcat

scumdevils86 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Puerco wrote:

So true! All hail our God Emperor Trump! Amirite?
All hail Beloved Coach Sean Miller and our Wildcats! .....there, I fixed it for you ;-)