What this community stands for...

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: What this community stands for...

Post by ASUHATER! »

JMarkJohns wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:What I want from this board is information and discussion about Wildcat sports. Positive or negative the view doesn't make any difference as long as it is backed up.

What I don't want is petty personality disputes and threads taken over by a few posters who can't just agree to disagree.

I don't see the danger of becoming a board filled with blind cheerleaders, but I do see the danger of actual Wildcat discussion getting overshadowed by personal fueds.
Being a blind homer board that violently crushes dissent is far far worse than people getting into arguments.
There’s a happy medium where nobody is a homer and the only real arguments are over PJC’s actual height.
I'm on board with this
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I would put it differently. We want to welcome the opinion of both homers and haters and everyone in between. Just state your case and move on and don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ANGCatFan wrote:I would put it differently. We want to welcome the opinion of both homers and haters and everyone in between. Just state your case and move on and don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you.
This plus... don't feel like you need to always "prove" that you are right.

You don't have to respond to everything and everyone
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Apologies for being late to the discussion, I simply didn't see this thread had new posts in it.

I'm posting to let people know that as long as the mod team exists as it currently does, then you can rest assured that there will always be at least 1 person acting as a check to the others which prevents the type of mob-mentality some are worried will squash dissenting views, ban those who have them, and turn this board into some version of a crappy ASsU board.

I can see the concerns that hater and scum have regarding feeling singled out for not drinking the koolaid. I'm telling you that, that isn't the problem. I started a thread regarding personal attacks a while back and the situation hasn't exactly gotten better. The personal attacks/sniping that occur are what devolve the board, not dissenting opinions.

I want to say, please share your dissenting views as often as you'd like, as eloquently as you'd like, but perhaps read your posts before hitting the submit button. This goes for everyone, mods included of course (we're human too, and will make mistakes of judgment too, especially in the heat of the moment).

Also, if you have ANY concern regarding any warning you have, you can contact ANY or ALL of the mods to discuss it further.

One more thing:
NYCat wrote:Even if you don't agree with the sunshine pushers just let them disagree, why keep arguing about it - it just leads to arguing about being able to argue, arguably speaking.
NYCat, forgive me for quoting you here, but I had to qutoe someone. This type of thought cuts both ways and leads to a lack of discussion (which leads to a boring board). If side A happens to be the side you agree with, and you think side B should just drop it and stop arguing, then all that is accomplished is that side A feels good about themselves. The same is true in the reverse situation.

I understand the need to argue a point, so please, feel free to do so. Don't do it with the name calling and character attacks that are unnecessary. Thanks guys.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: