Reputation System

Discuss the new board and what we want it to be and see announcements and feature updates.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Reputation System

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:56 pm
UAdevil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:45 pm Testing some things on the backend.
And giving yourself 680 points. Nice.
The conversion rate to airline miles is pretty sweet.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Some of you need to get a life. Leave the developer alone.

I say that at least 10x a day as I manage IT projects for a living.

😁
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This is a great upgrade! Like TOS days!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I do wonder why rep works well here but was a terrible experience at Wildcat Authority. It was a stars system instead of just green or red, but it was basically the same. Every time certain posters posted, there was a slew of really unintelligent Gabe York cult posters who gave him the lowest rating possible no matter what he wrote because he had previously expressed skepticism about Gabe York. As a result, the posters who knew what they were talking about tended to have really low ratings.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:16 am I do wonder why rep works well here but was a terrible experience at Wildcat Authority. It was a stars system instead of just green or red, but it was basically the same. Every time certain posters posted, there was a slew of really unintelligent Gabe York cult posters who gave him the lowest rating possible no matter what he wrote because he had previously expressed skepticism about Gabe York. As a result, the posters who knew what they were talking about tended to have really low ratings.
I think in general we have a solid group of non-assholes (outside of that dickface Chicat of course) and we genuinely enjoy being around each other. Our community is relatively small and there’s no financial incentive to opening it up to every know-it-all in the world who wants to seem smart on the internet.

WA on the other hand is a relatively large group of people, some of whom pay good money to feel like their opinions should be elevated above the masses and revered. So it’s not a surprise that rep (or politics) becomes a cesspool of personal attacks, cliques, and so on. There isn’t that sense of community and camaraderie we have here, which is largely why I don’t post there.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:32 am
Longhorned wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:16 am I do wonder why rep works well here but was a terrible experience at Wildcat Authority. It was a stars system instead of just green or red, but it was basically the same. Every time certain posters posted, there was a slew of really unintelligent Gabe York cult posters who gave him the lowest rating possible no matter what he wrote because he had previously expressed skepticism about Gabe York. As a result, the posters who knew what they were talking about tended to have really low ratings.
I think in general we have a solid group of non-assholes (outside of that dickface Chicat of course) and we genuinely enjoy being around each other. Our community is relatively small and there’s no financial incentive to opening it up to every know-it-all in the world who wants to seem smart on the internet.

WA on the other hand is a relatively large group of people, some of whom pay good money to feel like their opinions should be elevated above the masses and revered. So it’s not a surprise that rep (or politics) becomes a cesspool of personal attacks, cliques, and so on. There isn’t that sense of community and camaraderie we have here, which is largely why I don’t post there.
All...of...this.

Best Arizona message board around. I'd rather be a small community with less drama compared to other boards.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

It's been a simple upvote/downvote system for a while now on wildcat authority (since scout was bought by 247)