2020 New York Yankees

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: 2020 New York Yankees

Post by azcat49 »

Merk, how can you boo Bob Gibson :) Such a great Cardinal pitcher. I also loved the 70’s A’s. I was sad to see Jackson and Hunter go to the Yankees
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote:Merk, how can you boo Bob Gibson :) Such a great Cardinal pitcher. I also loved the 70’s A’s. I was sad to see Jackson and Hunter go to the Yankees
Haha, yea, Gibson was great, just that he was a Card. Growing up in Michigan, I was a huge Tiger's fan and always rooted for the American League.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh I remember Merk. I know we both recited the starting line ups of the 68 cards and tigers
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Season over.

Fuck
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I think Aroldis Chapman shit himself on the mound today. Not figuratively.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:Season over.

Fuck
This may have been a bit premature.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Aaron Boone turned a pretty sweet come-from-behind series clinching win into a winner-take-all game three by horribly mismanaging the bullpen tonight.

If they get eliminated tomorrow, it’s all on him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:Aaron Boone turned a pretty sweet come-from-behind series clinching win into a winner-take-all game three by horribly mismanaging the bullpen tonight.

If they get eliminated tomorrow, it’s all on him.
And.......

Gio Urshela, DJ LaMehieu, and Aroldis Chapman bail him out.

Yankees move on to meet the Rays in San Diego (boy does that sound weird).
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dear lord this is horrific.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I got all 5 and I hate the Yankees.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yankees are back to hitting homers. Hope it continues.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Boone getting ripped for his "tricky" little pitching maneuvers last night.

Yankee fans today are complaining "we are not the Rays or Brewers!". Lol. Not a big fan of Happ so I was little surprised. Either start him or let the kid go a couple of innings.

Anyway, I think this is the most interesting series out of the 4 going on now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He got way too cute with that maneuver. Happ warming up in case Deivi got into trouble was the way to go. None of this Surprise Opener bullshit.

Even with spotting them all those runs, they still had a shot to win it. Their hitting is pretty on point right now. And I've never seen a ball hit as far as Stanton's. I know they said it was 458 feet, but that looked like it would have gone 558.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The pitching is killing them so far.

Oh and the Stanton blasts are getting ridiculous...of course would have preferred it during Fantasy League where he sat on my bench because of injuries. :cry:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I declared the season over weeks ago so whether they win these next two or not, I’m really looking forward to next year. And Stanton going HAM these last five games is filling me with confidence.

Stanton & Judge HAVE TO stay healthy.
They HAVE TO re-sign DJ.
They need to work with Gleyber on his defense.
They HAVE TO sign a dependable middle of the rotation starter.

If they can go into next year with Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Deivi/Montgomery, and free agent/traded pitcher to be named later, I feel like they are the odds on World Series favorites.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Live to see another game.

Still looking forward to next year. I have no expectation they can win tomorrow and then win 8 of their next 14 to get the trophy.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:Live to see another game.

Still looking forward to next year. I have no expectation they can win tomorrow and then win 8 of their next 14 to get the trophy.
I see what you are doing. ;)

Most Yankee fans out here don't agree. They paid Cole a boatload to pitch in this type of game tonight so they expect him to deliver (which I actually think he will). And if he does it on 3 days rest that will go over big.

I would also like to see him mow down the Asterisk's in the CS for personal reasons. :evil:

Considering how shitty 2020 has been a Yankees-Dodgers WS would be a nice little showdown, no?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:

Most Yankee fans out here don't agree. They paid Cole a boatload to pitch in this type of game tonight so they expect him to deliver (which I actually think he will). And if he does it on 3 days rest that will go over big.

I would also like to see him mow down the Asterisk's in the CS for personal reasons. :evil:

Considering how shitty 2020 has been a Yankees-Dodgers WS would be a nice little showdown, no?
If 2020 has taught me anything it’s that we can’t have nice things. So the Asterisks will probably be our 2020 WS Champs.

Boone will have to manage Cole correctly tonight. If his fastball and slider start to get flat he has to pull him and not let him give up a couple three run homers. And he can’t pitch Chad Green who he’s ridden like a rented mule. Gonna need Ottavino (yikes) and Deivi to give us a couple innings if Cole gets tired and that might spell doom for the Pinstripes.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote:
EastCoastCat wrote:

If 2020 has taught me anything it’s that we can’t have nice things. So the Asterisks will probably be our 2020 WS Champs.

Boone will have to manage Cole correctly tonight. If his fastball and slider start to get flat he has to pull him and not let him give up a couple three run homers. And he can’t pitch Chad Green who he’s ridden like a rented mule. Gonna need Ottavino (yikes) and Deivi to give us a couple innings if Cole gets tired and that might spell doom for the Pinstripes.
I'm just not a big fan of how Boone manages pitching but I have a feeling the Yankees bats are going to explode tonight. I just don't see Glasnow coming up big in this spot.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Win this one for Whitey.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:Win this one for Whitey.
Can you imagine the shock this would cause on any other day??? :lol:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman