2018 MLB Season

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Catintheheat

Re: 2018 MLB Season

Post by Catintheheat »

Alieberman wrote:Dodgers are in need of some fielding practice
Kershaw isn't pitching great either. He tends to choke during the playoffs. When the opposing pitcher goes yard you know you are in trouble.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Catintheheat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Dodgers are in need of some fielding practice
Kershaw isn't pitching great either. He tends to choke during the playoffs. When the opposing pitcher goes yard you know you are in trouble.
His defense sure didn't help him out and I thought he got squeezed by that ump who he has had run-ins in the past. Anyway, nice that Dodgers mounted a comeback and put a scare into the Brewers.

Need to split on the road so hoping Ryu pitches big time today.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Stayed up past 2:00am last night to watch the Dodgers squeak out a must have win to tie the series at 2-2.

Have to admit the Brewers look more looser and confident so the Dodgers need Kershaw to pitch the game of his life today otherwise I have a bad feeling this series is over.

Chi - you guys still want Manny? ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote:Chi - you guys still want Manny? ;)
I don’t. But Cashman doesn’t consult me.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Is this Manny's "standard act"? Have to admit with him being in Baltimore I have not paid too much attention to him as they are rarely on TV. I have not heard much about him as a player other than he is really good but nothing about his antics on the field and vs other teams.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Coop Cat wrote:Is this Manny's "standard act"? Have to admit with him being in Baltimore I have not paid too much attention to him as they are rarely on TV. I have not heard much about him as a player other than he is really good but nothing about his antics on the field and vs other teams.
He had one run in Baltimore where he purposely swung and threw his bat at a third baseman which was weird.

He seems to get "bratty" when he's not playing well. That's what I've noticed.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Have to admit the Brewers look more looser and confident so the Dodgers need Kershaw to pitch the game of his life today otherwise I have a bad feeling this series is over.
Dodgers win and Kershaw came through - 7 innings, 1R, 3H, 9 SO's and retired the last 13 he faced. Finally some good swings by the offense to drive home key runs.

Now just need to win 1 of 2 in Milwaukee.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Boston/Los Angeles. Biggest likely ratings MLB could want minus a Dodgers/Yankees matchup. Kershaw is inconsistent as hell in the postseason. He has 8 games of 1 run or less and 5 games of 6 runs or more, both postseason records. I think Boston in 6.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708 wrote:Boston/Los Angeles. Biggest likely ratings MLB could want minus a Dodgers/Yankees matchup. Kershaw is inconsistent as hell in the postseason. He has 8 games of 1 run or less and 5 games of 6 runs or more, both postseason records. I think Boston in 6.
God I hope not.

Go Dodgers
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Obviously game 1 is critical but I'd sure like to see Price in Game 2 down 0-1 so Kersh better have his A game tonight.

Other thoughts...

- I'm sure we will hear a lot of that nauseating "Beat LA" chants from the originators

- On the flip side I'm expecting a standing ovation from the Boston crowd when Roberts is introduced tonight

- Machado & Sale have a little history. Last year Machado slid into Pedroia hard and screwed up his knee and Sale threw a pitch behind his back a week later that prompted a post-game expletive rant from Machado.

- Will Kimbrel continue tipping his pitches? And why the fuck did an ex-Dodger Greg Gagne let Cora know???

- Weather. The Dodgers haven't played in cold weather yet in these playoffs. It will be in the 40's in Boston while it will be in the 80's in LA this weekend.

- Both teams hit right-handers better than left-handers coming into this series. All 4 starters in the next 2 games will be left-handers.

- No DH in the NL park. Will be interesting to see how Cora gets Martinez into the starting line-up and who will need to sit.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Big win!

Going to Game 5 on Sunday!
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If Boston ends up losing, Ian Kinsler (CDO / ASU) will be the new Bill Buckner.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Nice bullpen work LA.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't follow baseball at all, but had to see what was up with this tweet
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Peace out Dodgers
-JB