Tyler Skaggs

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Tyler Skaggs

Post by Chicat »

The Angels are reporting that he died in Texas today. :cry:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Re: Tyler Skaggs

Post by 97cats »

beyond awful - 27 years old.

he is one of my family's favorite players...my son is going to be devastated.

first Luis Valbuena and now this within the same calender year...not to mention Skaggs looked up to Nick Adenhart when he was younger and took his death very hard.

this is a sad, sad day for Orange County and the Angels.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

What happened?

Crazy and Sad.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alieberman wrote:What happened?

Crazy and Sad.
They haven't said, but I saw that they did say he was found in his hotel room. So if I had to venture a guess I'd say opiates for sports injury pain mixed with another prescription and/or alcohol. Wild guess but I won't be surprised if it's true
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:beyond awful - 27 years old.

he is one of my family's favorite players...my son is going to be devastated.

first Luis Valbuena and now this within the same calender year...not to mention Skaggs looked up to Nick Adenhart when he was younger and took his death very hard.

this is a sad, sad day for Orange County and the Angels.
I can’t even imagine going through what the Angels and their families/friends/fans have had to endure. The thought of you telling Z is just wrecking me right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
I can’t even imagine going through what the Angels and their families/friends/fans have had to endure. The thought of you telling Z is just wrecking me right now.
thx, Chi this message means a lot to me - as a father yourself you understand there are conversations we have to have with our children that are uncomfortable, last night telling Z that Tyler Skaggs had died in Texas yesterday morning was one of those difficult moments.

appreciate you - JG
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
thx, Chi this message means a lot to me - as a father yourself you understand there are conversations we have to have with our children that are uncomfortable, last night telling Z that Tyler Skaggs had died in Texas yesterday morning was one of those difficult moments.

appreciate you - JG
Hopefully he can take some comfort in that fact that people around the world are thinking about Tyler, his family, his teammates, and his fans, including him. I know that’s a big concept for a young mind, but let him know he’s got friends in far off places like me who are heartbroken for him.

All my love to you and the family. - JC
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Simply incredible.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

my son and I went to the game tonight, ive seen over a 100 major league games live, maybe 200, and I’ve never seen a no hitter.

Tyler Skaggs woulda turned 28 tomorrow (7/13) the Angels had 7 runs in the first inning and 13 runs for the game on 13 hits and on top of that the combined no hitter

Skaggs mom threw a perfect strike on the ceremonial first pitch before the game right after the ceremony honoring Tyler, and for Trout to have 6rbis through five innings (wearing Tyler’s jersey, name & number, every teammate and coach doing the same) and collecting three extra base hits including a home run on the first pitch he saw is almost too corny to type, but it happened.

my first no hitter tonight with my son at my side - incredible.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't really put it into words what it made me feel to read your post JG, but the fact that you were able to experience all of that with Z is simply incredible.

If only we all could have a moment like that with someone we love with our whole heart.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The autopsy report came in. Awful...

Don’t fuck with opiates. And definitely don’t mix pills and liquor. You’re playing Russian Roulette except most of the chambers have bullets.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Alcohol oxycodone and fentanyl in his bloodstream. Those never end well.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

holy shit

Skaggs was found dead in his Southlake, Texas, hotel room July 1, having asphyxiated on vomit. He was 27. An autopsy found oxycodone, fentanyl and alcohol in his system.

Kay's addiction is long-standing, his family and attorney have said. His mother, Sandy, told Outside the Lines that her son started abusing opioids a few years after his father died in 1998.

Kay told DEA agents that in 2015, the two men worked out an arrangement in which Skaggs would give Kay money to buy oxycodone for both of them, and Kay would obtain pills from a dealer.

Kay told agents that he told Mead in 2017 that Skaggs used opioids. In addition, Kay told investigators about a second Angels official who knew of Skaggs' use. Kay's mother and his wife, Camela, told Outside the Lines that on April 22, while Eric was in the hospital following an overdose, he received a text from Skaggs seeking drugs. Sandy was visiting her son in the hospital at the time, alongside his wife and Mead. Sandy told Outside the Lines she saw the texts and told Mead that the team needed to intervene.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/i ... rug-policy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »