Joe Maddon

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

Joe Maddon

Post by 97cats »

Joe Maddon agrees to be new manager of Los Angeles Angels

The Los Angeles Angels have reached an agreement with Joe Maddon to make him their next manager, the team announced Wednesday.

Maddon is expected to receive a three-year contract in the $12 million to $15 million range, a source told ESPN. He will be formally introduced by the Angels at a news conference next week.

"We are thrilled that Joe is coming back home and bringing an exciting brand of baseball to our fans," general manager Billy Eppler said. "Every stop he has made throughout his managerial career, he has built a culture that is focused on winning while also allowing his players to thrive. We believe Joe will be a great asset for our club and look forward to him leading the team to another World Series championship."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/278 ... les-angels
Chicat

Re: Joe Maddon

Post by Chicat »

What do you think about the move JG?

Personally, I don’t know that this changes much of anything for the Halos but I guess we shall see...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Re: Joe Maddon

Post by 97cats »

its a new fresh voice and a move against all the over the top saber-metric stuff that had gotten out of control, sometimes even the smartest person (not Ausmus whos a tard) in the room can out-think himself - there was a lot of that going on for the Angels last off-season & regular season.

next step is to sign Gerrit Cole (its a must have) and push hard for Rendon.

if they do that they pay the $1m buy-out to get Calhoun the hell out of dodge and call up Adel in May so they can save the clock on his first term.

they also need to get healthy with Canning and Ohtani in the middle of that rotation, but now its Gerrit Cole or bust, IMO.