Houston Asterisks

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Houston Asterisks

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Re: 2020 Houston Asterisks

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3 ERs and 6 baserunners in 1.1 innings

“I couldn’t figure out how they were all over mine and Berrios’ breaking balls. Almost like they knew they were coming...”

- Phil Hughes
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Dusty Baker named new skipper.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I wonder what their Hit By Pitch rate will be in 2020? Hmmm...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

How remorseful?

Like, give your 2017 salary, playoff bonus, & the value of your WS ring to charity remorseful?

Yeah.... didn’t think so.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

They're sorry they got caught.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:They're sorry they got caught.
Verlander’s quote today might be the most self-serving bullshit out of all of them:

I showed up in 2017 and once I understood what was happening, I wish I’d have said more. Looking back, I can’t go back. I can’t reverse my decision. I wish I had said more and I didn’t. For that, I’m sorry.

Yes, I can feel his pain. He wanted to stop the cheating but all that winning and motorboating Kate Upton’s funbags got in the way...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:D
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

What really baffles me is how stupid all of these people were that were involved. How did they not think they would get caught? It's not like players don't get traded and coaches move from teams to teams. Did they just think no one would let their new teams know that this team is cheating?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:What really baffles me is how stupid all of these people were that were involved. How did they not think they would get caught? It's not like players don't get traded and coaches move from teams to teams. Did they just think no one would let their new teams know that this team is cheating?
What they figured was that if they were caught later it wouldn’t matter because the steroids era proved that MLB would look the other way and totally cover up rampant cheating.

And they were 100% right.

The Yankees and other teams complained. The Astros laughed it off and MLB did nothing. Two years later a pitcher went public and a twitter personality (@Jomboy) provided proof, so MLB conducted a sham investigation that barely punished two people and let all the players off the hook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

How many bangs on the trash can to signal “fastball to the ear hole”?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I call bullshit.

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When the best player in baseball, who doesn’t have a negative thing to say about anyone comes after you, well....
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ya, man - the Trout comments caught me off guard...in fact, all the player comments from the big guys have caught me off guard.

its not typical to see players attacking other players, but this was so unprecedented (the cheating and the way it was done and for the length of time) that new feelings are coming out and old school worker alignment has been fractured.

check your era-hole Springer - whom im told was one of the most vocal and egregious offenders.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Take away Altuve’s MVP too.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

I've never seen player's go after other player's like this. This is bigger than steroids or heading that way. I mean if Mike Trout is saying that that's huge!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Lando05 wrote:I've never seen player's go after other player's like this. This is bigger than steroids or heading that way. I mean if Mike Trout is saying that that's huge!
People hate cheaters, plain and simple. Win it the right way or get off the field
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Lando05 wrote:I've never seen player's go after other player's like this. This is bigger than steroids or heading that way. I mean if Mike Trout is saying that that's huge!
Part of the problem is that Altuva acted like a real ass during that entire 2017 run. Also people hate bad apologies and not owning up to things. Those apologies by the Astros players and Owner was a complete joke. They didn't own up to anything and didn't even act remorseful at all. Then you have Correa out there telling people to "shut the f up" about the scandal. Whoever advised these guys needs to be looking for a new job as well.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UofAlum05 wrote:
Part of the problem is that Altuva acted like a real ass during that entire 2017 run. Also people hate bad apologies and not owning up to things. Those apologies by the Astros players and Owner was a complete joke. They didn't own up to anything and didn't even act remorseful at all. Then you have Correa out there telling people to "shut the f up" about the scandal. Whoever advised these guys needs to be looking for a new job as well.
The Asterisks’ PR team probably thought this would be as easy as hitting a pitch you know is coming. Then the owner got out there and word-saladed his way through a non-apology and the rest of those cheaters took their cues.

Here’s an idea... When there is ample evidence you cheated all the way through winning a title, and MLB decides not to take away that title, don’t tell the world you earned that trophy. That’s not going to make anyone like you more or cut you one iota of slack. And now you’ve got Asterisk pitchers talking about how players who don’t have to face them are chirping the loudest, implying that THEY are going to hit players who criticize them after Dusty had to beg MLB to say something about pitchers hitting THEM?

Bunch of fucking assclowns...
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Going to be an interesting year. Can you imagine if the team batting average falls 50 points by June. They won’t be able to talk that one away
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I don't like the Angels but I'm tempted to buy tickets to the opening series against Astros just to see the entertainment.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Anytime the Astros play on the road the home team should give away trash can bobble heads.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azgreg wrote:Anytime the Astros play on the road the home team should give away trash can bobble heads.
Fans should just continually chant "Shame" a la Game of Thrones every time an Astro is in the batters box.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:Going to be an interesting year. Can you imagine if the team batting average falls 50 points by June. They won’t be able to talk that one away
Chicat wrote:
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i saw the video above a few weeks ago and was floored - this is why all the players are so pissed.

it’s real time decoding that can only be done with advanced technology with premeditated intent.

im all for sign stealing and getting a pitcher who’s tipping and figuring out sequence and tendency and tells and all that other bullshit, but what was done by the Astros is so far over the line it’s hard to put into words, and even worse how long it was executed and tolerated by everyone involved, top to bottom.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:i saw the video above a few weeks ago and was floored - this is why all the players are so pissed.

it’s real time decoding that can only be done with advanced technology with premeditated intent.

im all for sign stealing and getting a pitcher who’s tipping and figuring out sequence and tendency and tells and all that other bullshit, but what was done by the Astros is so far over the line it’s hard to put into words, and even worse how long it was executed and tolerated by everyone involved, top to bottom.
Absolutely. And don’t give me this shit about “Altuve didn’t cheat”. BULLSHIT. Even if he never got a signal he was still the most influential guy in that locker room. You’re going to tell me he didn’t know? Or that he knew, was against it, but didn’t stop it? The balls on these cheating assholes...
97cats

Post by 97cats »

even if he (Altuve) didn’t get the signs, he benefited greatly from the team impact of getting and using the signs.

more plate appearances, longer at bats for teammates, extended innings and pitches for the opposition, expedited bullpen turnover, natural attrition, etc., etc., etc, that helped with his “clean” at bats.

it’s all bullshit, period. knowing what’s coming with certainty in real time totally changes the game, and the ripple effect to all of baseball far too great.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

97cats wrote:i saw the video above a few weeks ago and was floored - this is why all the players are so pissed.

Exactly cheating in real time effects the outcome of the game in real time. Steroids didn't do that. I'm still floored they were doing this and if the buzzer rumors are true jesus what else were the cooking up?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hadn’t thought of this before, but what might be elevating the anger from the players is the prospect of all video being banned during games. So, no more going into the clubhouse and watching film of your swings or pitches to make in-game adjustments.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The black Sox were all banned for throwing a World Series and while this is not the same it definitely impacted the 17 and 18 outcome. Since Cora was the architect, hoe has he not been banned for life?

The stros received the max 5m fine and I think the teams they beat should get a full share of the WS money distributed to the Astro players.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh boy! We’ve now reached the “We are getting death threats on social media” sob story bullshit part of this saga.

Oh yeah? Show them to us. Let’s see people threatening to kill you. Because, well... you’re all a bunch of lying cheaters and no one should believe a fucking word you say.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s ingrained in their culture. They just can’t help stealing signs.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Snowflakes
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Victims of the Deep State.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

An off speed pitch that got away.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UofAlum05 wrote: An off speed pitch that got away.
Asterisks have already been plunked seven times this spring. Which is something they should probably get used to.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The idea of throwing at them is kinda ridiculous. Yeah they deserve it...but lets not be barbaric. Throwing in baseball is so unnecessary and immature.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Stop booing? Oh honey....

I’m hoping someone hits Altuve with one of those metal Oscar the Grouch garbage cans as he rounds third.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »