2020 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Re: 2020 Season Thread

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:They needed to have protocols in place that if there was one positive test, everyone went into quarantine. MLB was so scared of having to pause that they may have gone ahead and killed some people.
It just makes me laugh that Major league sports can't figure out what to do with every advantage imaginable and an unlimited amount of $$$$ and resources and yet.... we are about to open schools....

We are such a stupid country
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Alieberman wrote:
Chicat wrote:They needed to have protocols in place that if there was one positive test, everyone went into quarantine. MLB was so scared of having to pause that they may have gone ahead and killed some people.
It just makes me laugh that Major league sports can't figure out what to do with every advantage imaginable and an unlimited amount of $$$$ and resources and yet.... we are about to open schools....

This!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:

Don't forget that voting in-person is unsafe and voting by mail is rife with fraud so we should look into postponing the election but don't you worry about little Timmy and Sally they'll be just fine at school, as will the teachers, administrators, aides, janitors, and security personnel.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

Don't forget that voting in-person is unsafe and voting by mail is rife with fraud so we should look into postponing the election but don't you worry about little Timmy and Sally they'll be just fine at school, as will the teachers, administrators, aides, janitors, and security personnel.
We're gonna get yelled at for bringing politics into sports... but maybe if we had a national plan, we could be ready to open schools and sports leagues...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Guess MLB didn't think about rain delays.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They actually said they wouldn't make players sit around and would call games early, especially if they reached 5 complete innings. And now for some reason they've backed away from that or there's no one empowered to make that decision and they are leaving it up to the umps. Either way, they are screwing the pooch.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Baseball is pretty much over. RIP 2020 season.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm declaring the Cubs World Series Champs.

Where can I get my t-shirt?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:I'm declaring the Cubs World Series Champs.

Where can I get my t-shirt?
https://obviousshirts.com/" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Shut it down
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yea it's over. No 2020 season and try again next March with spring training when there's hopefully a vaccine in the early stages of being distributed
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Definitely headed toward a shut down. This fucking sucks.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just like every other season with that guy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:

Just end it already.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The day that MLB ends because of COVID-19, college football dies for the year as well.

It is so easy to socially distance baseball players compared to other team sports.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Shut it down - let's go home!

-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:

If paid professional grown men can't abide by the rules to stay in the bubble, how can anyone expect college sports to go with no bubble, and college aged students wanting to live the college life?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:

If paid professional grown men can't abide by the rules to stay in the bubble, how can anyone expect college sports to go with no bubble, and college aged students wanting to live the college life?
Not in a bubble
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

So he's supposed to just take a strike at 3-0 because the opposing pitcher sucks? The Rangers look like such losers here and shame on the Padres for making him apologize.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

His manager threw him under the bus.

The Rangers manager is a fucking crybaby.

MLB: "Why aren't young people of color totally into this game we've sucked all the fun out of at every moment??"
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It would be 1 thing if it were someone on the Yankees doing this to the Pirates.

But if you are complaining about the Padres running up the score on you you've got some major issues.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:It would be 1 thing if it were someone on the Yankees doing this to the Pirates.

But if you are complaining about the Padres running up the score on you you've got some major issues.
My question is whether the Rangers were trying not to make a comeback at that point. Were they still trying to score runs? Then why can't the Padres?

It's some real bullshit to demand that one team give up because they are ahead when it is entirely possible for the other team to come back. The Rangers manager looks like a fucking weakling and that he wanted an unfair advantage for his shitty team.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:It would be 1 thing if it were someone on the Yankees doing this to the Pirates.

My question is whether the Rangers were trying not to make a comeback at that point. Were they still trying to score runs? Then why can't the Padres?

It's some real bullshit to demand that one team give up because they are ahead when it is entirely possible for the other team to come back. The Rangers manager looks like a fucking weakling and that he wanted an unfair advantage for his shitty team.
Exactly. If the Rangers weren't trying to still play at that point, they should just call the game and go drink beers in the dugout.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

As a massive Padres fan, they can all go fuck themselves. Tatis is the most exciting player in a sport of perpetual boredom. Dude connects on the hardest hit opposite field homer in statcast history, and his first salami, and this is what we are talking about?
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Chicat wrote:

We are also talking about a 3-0 pitch with bases loaded. You could actually argue that swinging away in that situation was the statistically worst thing to do. Is he just supposed to stand back with bat on his shoulder and let the guy strike him out with no swings? I'm confused as to what they wanted the Padres to do.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:As a massive Padres fan, they can all go fuck themselves. Tatis is the most exciting player in a sport of perpetual boredom. Dude connects on the hardest hit opposite field homer in statcast history, and his first salami, and this is what we are talking about?
Tatis is 21 years old and leading the majors in homers and rbis nearing the midway point of a truly bizarre and fucked up season but let’s all talk about him violating a rule so fucking stupid no one bothered to write that bullshit down.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chicat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:As a massive Padres fan, they can all go fuck themselves. Tatis is the most exciting player in a sport of perpetual boredom. Dude connects on the hardest hit opposite field homer in statcast history, and his first salami, and this is what we are talking about?
Tatis is 21 years old and leading the majors in homers and rbis nearing the midway point of a truly bizarre and fucked up season but let’s all talk about him violating a rule so fucking stupid no one bothered to write that bullshit down.
Exactly. Also... he now leads in HRs, Rs, RBIs, and STLs. Is that good?

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I don’t know. Let me consult the unwritten rule book to see if I should be offended.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chicat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I don’t know. Let me consult the unwritten rule book to see if I should be offended.
I found the rule book. Its being shat on.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs, 1-2 count, up 6-0. Tatis steals third against the turd who threw behind Machado.

-Shane Battier
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I am happy that baseball is playing now. It is difficult to play in a pandemic but is enjoyable to watch. My favorite sport now. It used to be college basketball by far but since the one-and-done my interest has waned considerably. More about lack of quality play and loyalty to a college. Saying that I am extremely analytical and baseball is a chess game. I love seeing the stats and the strategy of baseball. (Of course it helps that my Cubs are doing well this season).
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Padres are the first team in MLB history with salamis in 4 straight games! All against the Rangers LMAO.

-Shane Battier
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Bobby Dalbec has been called up after the Red Sox traded Keith Moreland to San Diego. Dalbec will start at first base against Washington.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Irish27 wrote:Bobby Dalbec has been called up after the Red Sox traded Keith Moreland to San Diego. Dalbec will start at first base against Washington.
Bomb in second at bat after looking over matched in first at bat. Welcome to the show!!!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Not over the green monster, but hey, it's a home run.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner