2022 New York Yankees

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

2022 New York Yankees

Post by Chicat »

Word is that hitting coach Marcus Thames and third base coach Phil Nevin are out.

Yankees were 23rd in hitting and dead last in making outs on the base paths and at home plate. So they probably could use a running game coordinator.

They also need a SS, a #2 starter, and maybe a new catcher. Everyone who hit under .240 should be seriously worried about their job.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Re: 2022 New York Yankees

Post by gronk4heisman »

So they are getting rid of all the small guys so the big guys (Boone and Cashman) have a fall guy?

Unfortunately I think that our GM thinks the under .240 is good as long as you hit 40 HRs and never put a ball in play.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Notice I said “should be”.

If George Steinbrenner was still alive it would have been “will be”.

I’m guessing Boone gets a two year show me deal. Cashman’s deal is up next year so if they don’t make it to the World Series I’m guessing both of them are gone.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 amI’m guessing Boone gets a two year show me deal.
I was wrong. It’s a three year deal. Which I guess means that even if the team underachieves next year… again… Boone still gets ANOTHER year after that to not be great.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This is a great breakdown of the offseason questions, 2022 roster and contract situations, and team needs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I wonder if this truly is the end of the Gardy Era.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No idea if this guy is full of shit but I’m cool with this.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Interesting. Olson is young and under team control thru 2024. Voit is good when healthy and Peraza and Wells could be stars, but outside of Dominguez there should be no prospects off limits. Seems like a lot to give up for a neglible upgrade (Voit and Olson offensive numbers are nearly identical and Voit actual has an extra year of control), but at least they are trying something. I think this haul would be better served and good comps for a starting pitcher personally.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is the Yankee front office on extended vacation while the other 29 teams are working?

Sure seems that way…
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Chicat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:56 am Is the Yankee front office on extended vacation while the other 29 teams are working?

Sure seems that way…
They have been on vacation since 2009.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Scherzer to NY makes sense…just the wrong NY team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:35 pm Scherzer to NY makes sense…just the wrong NY team.
The Mets are going to regret that deal when he only makes 20 total starts over the next 3 years.

That’s the type of deal the Yankees usually make that I’m glad they’re staying away from.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

“The Yankees are all in on Seager!”
“Stallings to the Yankees is as good as done!”

Meanwhile back in the real world the Yankees don’t get either.

The pundits and Cashman are both full of shit.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

This is not meant as a hijack, but more of a side bar:

Teenager makes Australian baseball history as first female pitcher to play for professional team
Teenager Genevieve Beacom has made history as the first female pitcher for an Australian professional baseball team, debuting for the Melbourne Aces in the Melbourne Challenge Series.

The 17-year-old, who signed for the Aces earlier this month as a development player, was subbed into Saturday’s match against Adelaide Giants for the Giants’ final innings, recording no hits and no runs.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 pm
Love it. Nowhere is there any proof that a penis makes you a good baseball coach.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I just hope there are no Freudian slips calling them the Tampons…

:o
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Here you Chi.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What in the fuck??

MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There has to be another move coming, right?

Right??
This doesn’t make me very happy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The more I think about it, the more I hate this trade. Especially with Donaldson (and his slowing bat) calling out Cole last year during the sticky stuff ban.

Please someone tell me they are going to trade these guys along so we can get a real SS & 3B. Because otherwise it seems like they traded a great young 3B for a mediocre old one, a hitting catcher for a non-hitting catcher, and got a SS that stops them from getting Story or Correa.

THIS IS FUCKING AWFUL. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE LOCKOUT.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olson to the Braves, so that’s one less lefty 1B available.

Rizzo and Freeman are still out there. Yankees should fucking sign one.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am Olson to the Braves, so that’s one less lefty 1B available.

Rizzo and Freeman are still out there. Yankees should fucking sign one.
With the Olson trade I think Freeman ends up with the Dodgers. And his wife leaked an Instagram message with Dodger Stadium in the background. Lol.
He's originally from the LA area and the Dodgers reportedly are making a very hard push.

Rizzo would be perfect in NY.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I have mixed feelings on Olson. I know the A’s were looking to rape the farm system and there were names floated that I don’t think they could have parted with.

Rizzo to me makes the most sense, but I get the feeling he wants to go back to Chicago.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yankees are still no better than last year.

In fact, they may be slightly worse on offense since Catcher will be a black hole and there are no viable PHs on the roster. Trade Voit for a catcher please.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Much better scenario for the Dodgers and Freeman - thanks Chi!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m guessing the price tag on Freeman was just way too much for the small market Yankees.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Voit to the Padres for a pitcher.

I hope he mashes there. Good luck young fella.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yankees catching situation will be real shitty this year. And everyone who demanded they trade Sanchez can fuck off.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They probably will have fallen out of the race a month before this so it will be nice to see some people back at Yankee Stadium on this night…
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:45 am Yankees catching situation will be real shitty this year.
I said this and then Higashioka hits 7 bombs this spring.

Still thinking it’s a fluke and he’ll end up with a sub .250 average with like 12 homers and 50 RBIs if he catches 130 games.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good start to the season!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

My son was there and had a blast.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I really enjoy watching Blue Jays-Yankees series. The games are always entertaining recently.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:42 am I really enjoy watching Blue Jays-Yankees series. The games are always entertaining recently.
Need a win today. Can’t lose 3 of 4 at home to start the season to a division rival. But I agree, the games are entertaining. Unfortunately the Yanks keep giving the Jays extra outs that lead to runs and losses.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:42 am I really enjoy watching Blue Jays-Yankees series. The games are always entertaining recently.
Need a win today. Can’t lose 3 of 4 at home to start the season to a division rival. But I agree, the games are entertaining. Unfortunately the Yanks keep giving the Jays extra outs that lead to runs and losses.
I agree. They should have turned 2 in the 7th which would have ended the inning.

But I thought Cole pitched better than his first start. Oh and Guerrero Jr. is just a beast.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Cole pitched better for sure. Not great, but better. I think the “sticky stuff” ban is in his head. Just forget about spin rate and stop throwing fastballs middle/middle.

The catchers interference with two strikes was a killer. Not Higgy’s fault because the swing was way late just trying to foul off a ball that was already by him. Kind of hate that the rule is to award the batter first base. Seems like anyone 0-2 can just swing at the catchers mitt and get on base.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Yeah catcher's interference is a tough one. Don't have as much of an issue because it happens so rarely. Just bad luck.

Flip side is a catcher could stick his mitt out on a mistake pitch in key situations but would be risking a broken wrist I suppose.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:48 am Yeah catcher's interference is a tough one. Don't have as much of an issue because it happens so rarely. Just bad luck.

Flip side is a catcher could stick his mitt out on a mistake pitch in key situations but would be risking a broken wrist I suppose.
Yeah, I don’t see catchers trying to intentionally get their catching hand hit with a bat. And if I’m being honest, I doubt too many hitters would think about intentionally trying to hit the mitt. But at the same time, if you’re 0-2 and been fooled on two straight pitches but you notice the catcher is extending his arm to catch sinkers or curves, it might not be a bad idea to reach a little further and see if you can get on base by tipping the mitt.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:01 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:48 am Yeah catcher's interference is a tough one. Don't have as much of an issue because it happens so rarely. Just bad luck.

Yeah, I don’t see catchers trying to intentionally get their catching hand hit with a bat. And if I’m being honest, I doubt too many hitters would think about intentionally trying to hit the mitt. But at the same time, if you’re 0-2 and been fooled on two straight pitches but you notice the catcher is extending his arm to catch sinkers or curves, it might not be a bad idea to reach a little further and see if you can get on base by tipping the mitt.
Would take some huge skill to do that but I see your point.

The other one that gets me is being able to reach base on a third strike that get's away from the catcher. I always thought you bail the batter out for striking out.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:05 am The other one that gets me is being able to reach base on a third strike that get's away from the catcher. I always thought you bail the batter out for striking out.
I wouldn’t mind doing away with the dropped third strike. Especially since 80% of hitters don’t even realize the ball got away far enough to get to first so it’s a leisurely jog while the catcher soft tosses to the first baseman. Seems antiquated and perfunctory.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chapman walks the bases loaded with no one out in the 9th and then Michael King comes in and gets a K and a double play on 5 pitches.

Big win.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This offense is bullshit. Hicks and Gallo suck a dead dog’s dick and Boone is so obsessed with playing a different lineup every day that there’s zero consistency or momentum.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

This team is looking very much like last years team, and I continue to miss the old boss he seemed to actual care about winning and taking advantage of the financial upper hand the team has.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

On offense, they look worse. And Boone, instead of saying “please get me help for the bench” toes the company line and just like last year keeps saying that they’ll break out.

Losing 2 of 3 to the Orioles, after last year when the difference between 1st place and the wild card was their record against shitty teams, is totally unacceptable.

I agree. Bring back The Boss.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They keep getting shut out by shitty teams.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Nice little run the last couple weeks, finally taking advantage of a soft spot in the schedule.