2022 Los Angeles Dodgers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: 2022 Los Angeles Dodgers

Post by EastCoastCat »

Have won 8 straight and are 25 games over .500.

I think the Braves are still the best team in the NL but with both Kershaw and Urias back and pitching well, and Buehler possibly returning soon they have a puncher’s chance.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Went to the game yesterday. Just gorgeous, nice breeze, grilled Dodger Dogs and beer. Bobby Miller looking very good. I'm a little worried about rushing Buehler back, but he pitched two perfect innings for AAA OKC on rehab and hit 96. Disappointing to lose 3 of 4 at home, but Dave went with Lance Lynn and a bullpen game on Thursday, Urias had a bad start Friday, Emmet Sheehan and another bullpen game Saturday, and then Miller. A diet of Miller, "good" Urias, Kersh, and Buehler might look a little different. Muncy can be a defensive liability at 3rd, and they went with Kike as a late defensive replacement Sunday, so that bears watching. I'd like Dave to play for one run earlier in games, rather than letting them swing away going for big innings against the good pitching teams you'll see in the playoffs. But he's still in 162 game marathon mode at this point. A puncher's chance is right. I just hope it's not Punch & Judy.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

TheCatInTheHat wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:54 pm Went to the game yesterday. Just gorgeous, nice breeze, grilled Dodger Dogs and beer. Bobby Miller looking very good. I'm a little worried about rushing Buehler back, but he pitched two perfect innings for AAA OKC on rehab and hit 96. Disappointing to lose 3 of 4 at home, but Dave went with Lance Lynn and a bullpen game on Thursday, Urias had a bad start Friday, Emmet Sheehan and another bullpen game Saturday, and then Miller. A diet of Miller, "good" Urias, Kersh, and Buehler might look a little different. Muncy can be a defensive liability at 3rd, and they went with Kike as a late defensive replacement Sunday, so that bears watching. I'd like Dave to play for one run earlier in games, rather than letting them swing away going for big innings against the good pitching teams you'll see in the playoffs. But he's still in 162 game marathon mode at this point. A puncher's chance is right. I just hope it's not Punch & Judy.
Dodgers' Julio Urías arrested on domestic violence charges, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/dodg ... er-report/
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Yeah, I just heard about it. Second time offense, so he's definitely gone. Baseball aside, with a very happy long-term marriage myself, I don't get it. Even if only one person falls out of love, figure out the money and move on to healthier relationships. And keep your hands to yourself (unless you want that darning needle through both ears in your sleep.)
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He’s obviously gone and this time it’s a felony offense. Guy needs some serious help.

He also hasn’t pitched well this season. The Dodgers playoff pitching rotation is not looking good.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No bueno
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

It's pathetic. It's like they go on vacation once the post season starts.

This year was a little different losing your starting shortstop and both your #1 and #2 starters. Not sure how they were able to win 100 games frankly.

But to be swept by Arizona is inexcusable and Roberts has to be held accountable.