Game 2, vs Houston (2017)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Re: Game 2, vs Houston (2017)

Post by UAdevil »

Still no QB
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Dawkins came in? Really. An overthrow and a qb rub on 4th?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

qwertyus wrote:Why is Dawkins back? Fucking pathetic.
One of the worst coaching decisions I have seen in quite some time
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

WTF is RR doing putting Dawkins back out there? Nothing like giving away one of the few possible wins on the schedule.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Can we fire RR? Fucking can't recruit a QB worth shit.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Welp, that's that. Night all.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Na fuck this. Get Rich Rod and Dawkins outta here man
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

If what I've seen is any indication, RR will be gone after the first conference game. There is no quick fix to this team's problems, and he seems to just be there because, to quote one of the earliest MST3K riffs, "I get paid anyway."

This is going to be an epically bad season. Like Ben Lindsey in '83 hoops bad. But you can't risk players getting hurt because the team is so unskilled and uninspired for its current coach.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Momentum was with Tate even with the pick. You still had a healthy JJ that was having a great game when he wasn't forced to run up the middle, he was ready to break a big one. You trot out a dejected Dawkins to be the hero and win the game, why?

Again, mad props to our defense for keeping us in this game, a game we should've won handily.

I feel bad for the kids that left it all on the field, they deserve better!

Depressing.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

catgrad97 wrote:If what I've seen is any indication, RR will be gone after the first conference game. There is no quick fix to this team's problems, and he seems to just be there because, to quote one of the earliest MST3K riffs, "I get paid anyway."

This is going to be an epically bad season. Like Ben Lindsey in '83 hoops bad. But you can't risk playersgetting hurt because the team is so unskilled amd uninspired for its current coach.
Define "If what I've seen is any indication"? He dropped a winnable game at home against Houston. What does getting beat up by Utah do that this game doesn't?

Are there any rumblings from the powers that be? I can't imagine Heeke's going to be happy saddled with this moron.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

qwertyus wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:If what I've seen is any indication, RR will be gone after the first conference game. There is no quick fix to this team's problems, and he seems to just be there because, to quote one of the earliest MST3K riffs, "I get paid anyway."

This is going to be an epically bad season. Like Ben Lindsey in '83 hoops bad. But you can't risk playersgetting hurt because the team is so unskilled amd uninspired for its current coach.
Define "If what I've seen is any indication"? He dropped a winnable game at home against Houston. What does getting beat up by Utah do that this game doesn't?

Are there any rumblings from the powers that be? I can't imagine Heeke's going to be happy saddled with this moron.
Are you actually angry that I don't want RR fired as soon as you do? Or immediately? :?

C'mon, man, I've wanted a regime change since this time last year. But you can't just do a Sparky Anderson "quick hook" on a Pac-12 football HC. Not after the first loss, in the second game.

That's the stuff of radio postgame call-in shows, and if Brian Jeffries can be more patient with this process, so can we. Way too much money at stake to operate otherwise.

UTEP is winnable. Then conference play will reveal all. And RR, frankly, needs full exposure of just how dogsh*t he is--if, for no other reason, than to ensure no other program makes the same mistake and hands RR anything this big again.

EDIT: Sorry, at UTEP. Don't like even thinking about the rest of the schedule. If RR loses in El Paso, who will even let him on the plane/bus home?
Last edited by catgrad97 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid

Post by Sid »

qwertyus wrote:

Heeke needs to give the ball to Chuck!

It's go time.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Why the Fuck did RR put Dawkins in on the final drive? Tate was looking good, even with that INT. Unless Tate was hurt, RR should be fired tonight.

My entire section was pissed when we realized Dawkins was back at qb. That final possession was 1 of the most embarrassing and pathetic attempts I have ever witnessed.

RR needs to go now.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

catgrad97 wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

Are you actually angry that I don't want RR fired as soon as you do? Or immediately? :?

C'mon, man, I've wanted a regime change since this time last year. But you can't just do a Sparky Anderson "quick hook" on a Pac-12 football HC. Not after the first loss, in the second game.

That's the stuff of radio postgame call-in shows, and if Brian Jeffries can be more patient with this process, so can we. Way too much money at stake to operate otherwise.

UNLV's winnable. Then conference play will reveal all. And RR, frankly, needs full exposure of just how dogsh*t he is--if, for no other reason, than to ensure no other program makes the same mistake and hands RR anything this big again.
Well, it's just my opinion. You'll just have to live with it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

qwertyus wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

UNLV's winnable. Then conference play will reveal all. And RR, frankly, needs full exposure of just how dogsh*t he is--if, for no other reason, than to ensure no other program makes the same mistake and hands RR anything this big again.
:lol: Then it is beyond weak.

Far be it from me to ask for a discussion at this time of night, but in 15 years on these boards, that is the weakest response to a completely unnecessary blow-up over somebody who agrees with you.

You're normally a really good poster. I expected better, or at least something more adult. Jesus, if no one else deserves that sort of a fanbase, our players do. Forget turning in your fan card, turn in your diploma over that non-answer. Not even worth pursuing further. Whew.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So. um. I guess it's probably a good thing I missed the game entirely isn't it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

catgrad97 wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
qwertyus wrote:

:lol: Then it is beyond weak.

Far be it from me to ask for a discussion at this time of night, but in 15 years on these boards, that is the weakest response to a completely unnecessary blow-up over somebody who agrees with you.

You're normally a really good poster. I expected better, or at least something more adult. Jesus, if no one else deserves that sort of a fanbase, our players do. Forget turning in your fan card, turn in your diploma over that non-answer. Not even worth pursuing further. Whew.
It's past your bedtime, eh champ?

I write 2 sentences, you flip out with an essay saying that I'm wrong, and I respond that I've expressed my opinion...

And I'm the one who's "blown up" over someone who disagrees with me?

Thanks for the laughs, and stop taking message boards so seriously. It's the internet. Hot takes are a dime a dozen. Most-likely we'll need to be 0-6 or worse before anyone sacks up and fires RR, and we'll both be wrong. Doesn't negate the rot that has eaten away at the core of this team, namely a continued reliance on small, sub-par athletes, coaches that don't recruit, and a HC with one eye on the purse strings, and another on the door.