Game 12, at ASU: The Territorial Cup (2015)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Game 12, at ASU: The Territorial Cup (2015)

Post by ASUHATER! »

3goggles wrote:
UAdevil wrote:2016 QB controversy?
No but we have a real back up and some stud 3rd and 4th string QBs
..who? No one that's ever played college football
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Between Soloman, Dawkins, Tate and Modster?

I'd say it's almost a guarantee with that much potential talent.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dirtbags wrote:
oh yeah, with mod in the mix too?

my bigger worry for anu is that he's probably a just concussion or two away from becoming another zach peters
Not sure RR will put any real freshman in at QB since the Forcier experiment.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

In this game we matched ASU on defense and special teams it was just Randall in the 1st half that was the difference if Anu or even Dawkins playing the whole game I think we win. Go figure the injury bug get again( Anu, samaji, Wilson, obviously all the defense) lets get healthy for a potential bowl game double down on 2016
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote:
dirtbags wrote:

my bigger worry for anu is that he's probably a just concussion or two away from becoming another zach peters
If Rich keeps Casteel he might be coaching for his job next year. Once that seems to be happening anything is possible, even a true freshman QB.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

SCCats wrote:
Merkin wrote:
dirtbags wrote:

If Rich keeps Casteel he might be coaching for his job next year. Once that seems to be happening anything is possible, even a true freshman QB.
Not really, It will be Casteel coaching for his Job not RR.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

cordera89 wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Merkin wrote:
dirtbags wrote:

I disagree. We understand the D is a problem; if he keeps Casteel and pulls the "I'm not going to fire my friend and/or nobody can tell me to fire my friend" and then we put up another 3-6 PAC season where the D is another huge problem, the fallout shouldn't fall just on Casteel.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Basically had no talent today and almost beat Tempe. I was impressed.didn't think it would be close and it was.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Gilbertcat wrote:Basically had no talent today and almost beat Tempe. I was impressed.didn't think it would be close and it was.
You didn't think it would be close and it was? Because ASU has been such a juggernaut of a team this year?

We have no talent? And whose fault Is that in year 4? We lost a lot of players this year - but with the exception of Scooby, Anu, and Wilson (who were all huge losses, no doubt) the legend of the players lost far exceeded their performance and contributions prior to injury.

In my next life I want a job where I am compensated 10% of company revenues and all of my constituents are so 'understanding'. It's a good gig if you can get it.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:
SCCats wrote:
Merkin wrote:
dirtbags wrote:

If we have a repeat of this season, he should be,

When you have one winning conference record in 7 seasons, I would say the 1 is the anomaly. His post WVU sample size is getting bigger with every passing year - and to most everyone outside of Tucson, it is not very impressive.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Big underdog. Missing starting QB. Freddy. Lose Grant. No Scooby. No Jake. On the road. No LBs on and all. This team won one road game this year. But today they showed they had heart. So proud.

Really get why RR felt that way. Basically watched his family battle all year. Don't always win em but never stopped trying.

I thought this team was done after UCLA. Somehow they are bowl eligible. I had 9 wins this year but haven't seen this many injuries since Stoops last year during the off season leading up to a 4 win season. Next year you get 7 home games plus the one in Glendale. Sounds like a better handle to play with then bluffing with two 2s.