Game 8, at UCLA (2014)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: Game 8, at UCLA

Post by PieceOfMeat »

lmfao
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

want to know how to lose games?

rely on late game heroics and onside kicks
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

horrible.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Man...this sucks. Az football never changes
The last case study in support of not paying players.

Stll chuckle remembering Brooks Reed's dad making that case after beating Iowa at home. Yeah, that certainly was a turning point.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:wow, review upholds it.
UAEebs86 wrote:Can't believe there are people in this thread blaming the defense.

They played their asses off down a couple players.
to whom are you referring?

the offense is obviously the reason we've lost.
Merkin wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Can't believe there are people in this thread blaming the defense.

Who is? Anu played his worst game ever.

POM/Merk:

dmjcat wrote: Its relatively simple........UCLA isn't playing with their 2nd team offensive line like Oregon was
azdoubledown wrote:
do what we do=. punt every 30 seconds

do what we do =. rush 3 and give up 3rd & long every got damn dime. screw this pull your head out cast eels ass , dickrod jeezus.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

and the FG is blocked.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Just not ready for the lime light. the O-line got man handled today.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

How did they get that far in?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote:

POM/Merk:

dmjcat wrote: Its relatively simple........UCLA isn't playing with their 2nd team offensive line like Oregon was
azdoubledown wrote:

do what we do =. rush 3 and give up 3rd & long every got damn dime. screw this pull your head out cast eels ass , dickrod jeezus.
Think about who it is you're quoting.

do I really have to explain why those 2 people aren't representative of the rest of us?

I bitch about giving up 3rd and longs, sure, as an example. But I'm not blaming the D for this debacle.

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Wow...number 11 was blown up. Its not like he even knew he had to block.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Do we playback ups and Walkons on field goals?
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

Beat by a bunch of face-painting pussies. time for bball f this . oh thanks refs for hills career ending brain injury (no flag)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

POM/Merk:

azdoubledown wrote:

Think about who it is you're quoting.

do I really have to explain why those 2 people aren't representative of the rest of us?

I bitch about giving up 3rd and longs, sure, as an example. But I'm not blaming the D for this debacle.

Lighten up POM. What is not true about my statement? "Can't believe there are people in this thread blaming the defense."

Didn't say everybody, or you, or Merkin.
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Sometimes I think all this season will end up doing is front-loading the heroics and getting our hopes up.

It is depressingly predictable watching this team spin its wheels.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

When does basketball season start??
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Rod Gilmore's tears taste sweet. It was 50-0 to USC, not Oregon
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Lighten up POM. What is not true about my statement? "Can't believe there are people in this thread blaming the defense."
Tough to lighten up when I'm watching/listening to the Cats blow yet another opportunity to prove they finally matter in Football. :lol:

I can't believe that you can't believe those particular posters are posting that. ;)

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I hope we really embarrass UCLA in basketball. Can we at least enjoy pounding this stupid school in something?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azdoubledown wrote:Beat by a bunch of face-painting pussies. time for bball f this . oh thanks refs for hills career ending brain injury (no flag)
That changed the game we were moving the ball that drive! An example of where a bad call changes momentum of the game. So it didn't cost them but it sure changed in the negative! This lose is easier to take for me then the USC game because we should've won that game!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

go utes?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote: Lighten up POM. What is not true about my statement? "Can't believe there are people in this thread blaming the defense."
Tough to lighten up when I'm watching/listening to the Cats blow yet another opportunity to prove they finally matter in Football. :lol:

I can't believe that you can't believe those particular posters are posting that. ;)
I hear you. I'm pissed too.

But I'll say it again - the defense played their ASSES off.

Anybody who blames them or Casteel for this loss has their head up their ass.
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I am not a happy camper at losing tonight but I can accept it. The better team won. If anyone didn't understand why recruiting a bunch of 2 stars isn't going to get us into the upper half of the conference then they got a lesson tonight.

We project to lose to asu & Utah. We should beat Colorado. UW may be a toss-up if their QB brings his A game (they have a large physical DL similar to UCLA) . We should win 7 with a chance at 8 which was one better than I thought at the beginning of the year.

I hope nobody on this board lectures me that we are a "Great Team" this week.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

sure, now an INT to ruin my RAP even further.

thanks.

17-7 Cats lose.

depressingly predictable, really.

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Well UCLA didn't score again. At least the defense did it's job.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

azdoubledown wrote:Beat by a bunch of face-painting pussies. time for bball f this . oh thanks refs for hills career ending brain injury (no flag)
let's review

Rrod: FAIL
CASTEEL: FAIL AS USUAL (except wash st - whoopee!)
Neal: fail new nickname mega-drop
Solomon: FAIL
Skowrin: HUGE FAIL
Refs: Injury fail (protect uninjured bruin, eject wildcat; wildcat concussion - no biggie)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

dmjcat wrote:I am not a happy camper at losing tonight but I can accept it. The better team won. If anyone didn't understand why recruiting a bunch of 2 stars isn't going to get us into the upper half of the conference then they got a lesson tonight.

We project to lose to asu & Utah. We should beat Colorado. UW may be a toss-up if their QB brings his A game (they have a large physical DL similar to UCLA) . We should win 7 with a chance at 8 which was one better than I thought at the beginning of the year.

If you can give the team its due when it does win, we're all good.

Hey, eventually fans stop believing the sunshine blown up their ass when their team can't stop choking.
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

let's cut to the chase, we are not getting to a rose bowl with a rich rod bulcrap gimmick defense. I'll wager 10,000 it won't hAppen - if we win 5k to you 5k to Az athletics
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Not sure what's more embarrassing. Our effort or the fact we were a blocked FG from covering.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

catgrad97 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:I am not a happy camper at losing tonight but I can accept it. The better team won. If anyone didn't understand why recruiting a bunch of 2 stars isn't going to get us into the upper half of the conference then they got a lesson tonight.

Hey, eventually fans stop believing the sunshine blown up their ass when their team can't stop choking.
I don't think we choked tonight, we were beaten by a physically superior team. What worries me is what happens next year when we lose both of our 5th year Senior OT's and both of our DE's.....the offensive and defensive lines both project to take a step back next year. The reality is that in year 3 Casteel and the defensive coaches haven't put a single PAC12 level defensive lineman on the field. A 247 lb walk on is the best the Defensive coaches can do. When I contrast that to what the used car salesman up north has been able to recruit (and develop) I want to throw up in my mouth.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dmj, I know you don't like to talk reasonable about our defense.

but consider.

ucla came in averaging just a shade under 34 points a game.

they scored 17.

regardless of your feelings overall about the coaching/scheme/defense.....that was a good effort tonight. Despite their lapses on 3rd and longs.

the D was not the reason we lost tonight. not. even. close.

(oh, and I actually agree that we need to recruit better. I don't buy that we can't find OKG's that are physically superior to the OKG's we get now)

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:dmj, I know you don't like to talk reasonable about our defense.

but consider.

ucla came in averaging just a shade under 34 points a game.

they scored 17.

regardless of your feelings overall about the coaching/scheme/defense.....that was a good effort tonight. Despite their lapses on 3rd and longs.

the D was not the reason we lost tonight. not. even. close.

(oh, and I actually agree that we need to recruit better. I don't buy that we can't find OKG's that are physically superior to the OKG's we get now)
We completely agree............As I have stated several times since the final gun sounded the better team won. We were beaten by a physically superior team.
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

AZCatGirl wrote:I hope we really embarrass UCLA in basketball. Can we at least enjoy pounding this stupid school in something?
agreed send koechek in and elbow *annoyingbruinplayer* in the face mean gene style

who is our most hated bruin this year? I can't even name a player on their pathetic team honestly
SDCAT23

Post by SDCAT23 »

I think the pass rush from the d-line could not go anywhere but up from here next season. Reggie Gilbert's sack tonight was the fourth of the year by the d-linemen. ouch.

As far as the o-line play this year i dont know what happened to them since the oregon game. Since then the running game has been innefective.
dmjcat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

I don't think we choked tonight, we were beaten by a physically superior team. What worries me is what happens next year when we lose both of our 5th year Senior OT's and both of our DE's.....the offensive and defensive lines both project to take a step back next year. The reality is that in year 3 Casteel and the defensive coaches haven't put a single PAC12 level defensive lineman on the field. A 247 lb walk on is the best the Defensive coaches can do. When I contrast that to what the used car salesman up north has been able to recruit (and develop) I want to throw up in my mouth.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azdoubledown wrote:
let's review

Refs: Injury fail (protect uninjured bruin, eject wildcat; wildcat concussion - no biggie)
Sure seem like an ASSU fan my friend! Way to quote yourself!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

SDCAT23 wrote:I think the pass rush from the d-line could not go anywhere but up from here next season. Reggie Gilbert's sack tonight was the fourth of the year by the d-linemen. ouch.

As far as the o-line play this year i dont know what happened to them since the oregon game. Since then the running game has been innefective.
dmjcat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

The pass rush can't get worse next year???? Oh hell yes it can. Our two best DL's are Pettinato and Gilbert, both of whom graduate. Please tell me who replaces them??? Luca Bruno? Calvin Allen? Worthy??? Zellers??

Bottom line we haven't recruited well or developed DL's in the past 3 years.
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

3goggles wrote:
azdoubledown wrote:
let's review

Sure seem like an ASSU fan my friend! Way to quote yourself!
oh wow! you got ME palomine!
SDCAT23

Post by SDCAT23 »

You forgot Marcus Griffin... but anyway my point was the d-line has 4 sacks through 9 games this year, I realize AZ has not been able to sign the athletes we need (Khalil Mckenzie :( ) but I still would not be surprised to see the pass rush improve next season compare to this season b/c of how bad it is.
dmjcat wrote:
SDCAT23 wrote:I think the pass rush from the d-line could not go anywhere but up from here next season. Reggie Gilbert's sack tonight was the fourth of the year by the d-linemen. ouch.

dmjcat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

The pass rush can't get worse next year???? Oh hell yes it can. Our two best DL's are Pettinato and Gilbert, both of whom graduate. Please tell me who replaces them??? Luca Bruno? Calvin Allen? Worthy??? Zellers??

Bottom line we haven't recruited well or developed DL's in the past 3 years.
illcat

Post by illcat »

You wanna know what really SUCKS. That is to watch a team that showed so much promise early in the season just self destruct.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto