Game 8, vs Washington St. (2015)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cordera89

Re: Game 8, vs Washington St. (2015)

Post by cordera89 »

Merkin wrote:
cordera89 wrote: Saying that is basically saying we as fan have no faith in the scheme
No we don't. I fully understand the injury situation, but you can't drop 8 guys back in coverage and still leave the middle of the field wide open.
Well I don't have the pac 12 network so I cant tell how they play unless I seen the game on internet or something too how the play against them.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

One of the announcers was saying that if you want a good example of how not to tackle, watch Arizona. Just can't wrap up, and would rather try and knock the ball carrier down with their shoulder which does not work against Power 5 conference teams.

Shades of PSU and the Pigskin Classic on how not to tackle.

But like RichRod says, it's hard to practice tackling with the injury situation. Dick Tomey said his excuse was not enough depth, so he didn't have tackling drills either.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:If we are running the 3-3-5 next year, I'll just totally ignore football altogether. I'm not one to subject myself to watching a good team lose winnable games because someone mistakenly thinks a gimmick defense will someday actually work.
Saying that is basically saying we as fan have no faith in the scheme. I mean we were playing against a team that pass the ball 100% of the time and are defense is riddle with injury and were mostly playing with inexperience guys that had to step up. But when I all set in done what could we really do in this situation. RR isn't going to make defensive staff change anytime soon. Casteel isn't going to change how he prepared it.
I have no faith in the scheme. Doesn't stop the run. Doesn't stop the pass. If Casteel can't recognize that his scheme sucks donkey balls, then maybe he shouldn't be coaching major college football.
Man so negative Chicat!
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Newportcat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:If we are running the 3-3-5 next year, I'll just totally ignore football altogether. I'm not one to subject myself to watching a good team lose winnable games because someone mistakenly thinks a gimmick defense will someday actually work.
Saying that is basically saying we as fan have no faith in the scheme. I mean we were playing against a team that pass the ball 100% of the time and are defense is riddle with injury and were mostly playing with inexperience guys that had to step up. But when I all set in done what could we really do in this situation. RR isn't going to make defensive staff change anytime soon. Casteel isn't going to change how he prepared it.
I have no faith in the scheme. Doesn't stop the run. Doesn't stop the pass. If Casteel can't recognize that his scheme sucks donkey balls, then maybe he shouldn't be coaching major college football.
Man so negative Chicat!
As are the results.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?