Game 9, at Washington (2015)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Game 9, at Washington (2015)

Post by dmjcat »

And down 39 we are STILL backing our DB's 10 yards off the ball.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RiseAndFire wrote:defense sure is banged up - gee wouldn't it be nice to have a bye week between games LIKE EVERY FREAKING TEAM IN THR NATION?!!!

EFF YOU PAC 12 and your Stanford USC Notre Dame bullshit
Sorry, but it takes some otherworldly naivete to blame a loss this bad on injuries and no bye week.

RichRod is a good salesman, but not that good. The fight has gone out of our defense, top to bottom.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

dmjcat wrote:And down 39 we are STILL backing our DB's 10 yards off the ball.
Like i said before, you wanna give up 10 yards a play or a td every play?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

catgrad97 wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:defense sure is banged up - gee wouldn't it be nice to have a bye week between games LIKE EVERY FREAKING TEAM IN THR NATION?!!!

Sorry, but it takes some otherworldly naivete to blame a loss this bad on injuries.

RichRod is a good salesman, but not that good.
Yeah the banged up defense was a good excuse before but it just doesn't hold the same water anymore.

As for ND, I hate that they get the special treatment being an independent. Teams in our conference shouldn't get screwed over just because they get to be the special snowflake of a P5 team without having to be in any of the 5 major conferences.
Salty

Post by Salty »

The schedule and no bye hurt.

But let's man up and stop using that as an excuse. We had an exceptionally favorable schedule last year.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Season is over. We need to hit rock bottom and for players and coaches to evaluate themselves. Stop the stupid off season promotional videos. I know you need to promote the program and sell tickets, but don't drive around in Ferraris when your team plays like it needs training wheels.
Nobody's job (coaches or players) should be safe right now.

Before ASU's magical Rose Bowl year in '96, Bruce Snyder was forced to fire many assistants. At the time it wasn't popular but nobody regretted the move a few months later.

Byrne and Arizona need to decide if they're going to be serious about football or not. We've had 3.5 seasons of RR and he's done a pretty decent job. But in all those years our defense has been dreadful. Everyone complains about wanting "entertaining football." I'd take competitive football right now. We've lost three games this season where we've had our asses handed to us. And another beat down is a week away.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Newportcat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:So RR is now mackovic, stoops, and Sark all rolled into one?
No rich Rod is just rich Rod

And our program is still the same program it always typically has been....exciting here and there but on average poor to mediocre

This is what happens when you recruit #okg's
RR need to change his approach on Recruiting, Defense, Playing calling on offense.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Cant even chase a QB.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Note to Arizona defenders: If Lindquist is in he is going to run it.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

The really scary thing about this game is that UW is MUCH younger than we are. They are playing a ton of freshman/sophomores. I shudder to think what they will do to us in the next few years.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

49 unanswered point by Washington. Statement!
Salty

Post by Salty »

At least it's nice that asu sucks too.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

dmjcat wrote:The really scary thing about this game is that UW is MUCH younger than we are. They are playing a ton of freshman/sophomores. I shudder to think what they will do to us in the next few years.
Good news dmj! We play them next year, but then we skip them the two years after.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

cordera89 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

And our program is still the same program it always typically has been....exciting here and there but on average poor to mediocre

RR need to change his approach on Recruiting, Defense, Playing calling on offense.
This is what happens if you wait too long to make changes. The list of needed changes gets too long.

And I'm afraid that all the new facilities in the world aren't going to help this current staff get that.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

catgrad97 wrote:

Sorry, but it takes some otherworldly naivete to blame a loss this bad on injuries and no bye week.

RichRod is a good salesman, but not that good. The fight has gone out of our defense, top to bottom.
I hate the bye week excuse. Supposing next week would be the Cats' bye week? Doesn't explain the blow outs prior to the bye week.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Salty wrote:At least it's nice that asu sucks too.

Yea but ASU didn't score 3 point in their lose to Oregon did they.
Salty

Post by Salty »

catgrad97 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

This is what happens if you wait too long to make changes. The list of needed changes gets too long.

And I'm afraid that all the new facilities in the world aren't going to help this current staff get that.
The facilities were supposed to answer the recruiting challenges.

And then Byrne hires a guy who traditionally doesn't recruit highly rated players.

Oy vey...

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

I hate the bye week excuse. Supposing next week would be the Cats' bye week? Doesn't explain the blow outs prior to the bye week.
Merk Its not the bye week thing................its the recruiting class from four years ago. Didn't you get the memo.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

catgrad97 wrote:

who's blaming the loss on anything - can you read? your illiteracy is out of this world though
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

catgrad97 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

That why he has an Offseason to make all those changes.
Salty

Post by Salty »

cordera89 wrote:

asu still sucks.

We probably suck more. But they suck too.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

The Okg thing isn't cutting it...
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

I don't hate it, every other p12 school gets one except Rado and that was their choice. Bye weeks help teams recuperate and rebalance during the season. No bye week means just one game to the next with no rest in between. Add the lovely game times we're getting coming up and its just a recipe for injury and bad feelings all around.

Yeah i know theres nothing we can do about it, and bitching doesn't help, but it's still a stupid system.
Salty

Post by Salty »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:The Okg thing isn't cutting it...
It WOULD cut it if we had OKG's mixed in with some highly rated guys.

But we've got OKG's mixed in with Big Sky talent.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Salty wrote:

Bingo!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

Frankly, I find most of the excuses for not being competitive as a D-1 or NFL program to be selling snake oil.

Remember when people thought Mark Mangino was an up-and-coming football coach? Charlie Weis?

Not to pick on the fatties, but they were terribly dishonest and just in it for the cushy contract, and even though it finally caught up to them, they still have no money worries most of us have.

It's systematic BS, and if you're not obsessed with winning football games, you can step back and see that.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Salty wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

The facilities were supposed to answer the recruiting challenges.

And then Byrne hires a guy who traditionally doesn't recruit highly rated players.

Oy vey...

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Byrne hired RR for what he did at WVU not Michigan.
If the Facilities were the answer to our recruiting based then how come not a dozen 4 star and 5 star consider of playing for Arizona or In state player not choosing Arizona.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Fishclamps wrote:
Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

I don't hate it, every other p12 school gets one except Rado and that was their choice. Bye weeks help teams recuperate and rebalance during the season. No bye week means just one game to the next with no rest in between. Add the lovely game times we're getting coming up and its just a recipe for injury and bad feelings all around.

Yeah i know theres nothing we can do about it, and bitching doesn't help, but it's still a stupid system.
We had three byes weeks at the begin of the season
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

You better hope DC4AZCATS doesn't read that :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note our complete lack of team speed, especially on defense, was seriously exposed tonight.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RR with some very poor 4th down choices
Salty

Post by Salty »

cordera89 wrote:
If the Facilities were the answer to our recruiting based then how come not a dozen 4 star and 5 star consider of playing for Arizona or In state player not choosing Arizona.
RR recruited two and three star guys at WVU. That's what he does.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Usually RR looks furious at something on the sidelines, winning or not. He's always disappointed with how things turn out because hes a perfectionist like that with how he wants his scheme to go. But tonight, he just looks like he's packed it in. Haven't seem him look like that before.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Salty wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

We had three byes weeks at the begin of the season
Games are still games, and they still need to be played. Cupcakes or not, they were not bye weeks.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

It will be interesting to see if Byrne has the balls to do what is obviously necessary in the off-season.

It won't matter if we lose the next 3 games 70-0, RRod won't dump his drinking buddies.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Fishclamps wrote:Usually RR looks furious at something on the sidelines, winning or not. He's always disappointed with how things turn out because hes a perfectionist like that with how he wants his scheme to go. But tonight, he just looks like he's packed it in. Haven't seem him look like that before.
That's what bugs me. It's like the team came into this game prepared to lose.

And now insult to injury crediting Petersen with the OKG.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What? Washington recruits OKGs?
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Salty wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
WVU wasn't powerhouse teams that attracted a dozen of 4star and 5star but he did brought in a few of those during his time.
Arizona isn't a powerhouse.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Merkin wrote:What? Washington recruits OKGs?
Petersen uses the same "OKG" phrase, has since his time at Boise.

Although, he also does get some highly rated players.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Yes its been well known for two years now that Perterson has the OKG mentality.

Since he is winning he gets to use it today.
Salty

Post by Salty »

cordera89 wrote:
Salty wrote:
cordera89 wrote:
WVU wasn't powerhouse teams that attracted a dozen of 4star and 5star but he did brought in a few of those during his time.
Arizona isn't a powerhouse.
Arizona has considerably better facilities than WVU did.

Our recruiting classes are structured very similarly. Look them up.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Salty wrote:
Petersen uses the same "OKG" phrase, has since his time at Boise.

Although, he also does get some highly rated players.
And has won big big games at BS.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

^^^ This. EXACTLY.

I am so sick of reading about this; if we had be next week, does anyone really believe it would improve our chances at winning any of the last 3 games?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Salty wrote:

Umm... It seems like we recruit a number of guys with Big Sky talent. And a number of Big Sky players that are not OKG's.

All schools lose a lot of players to transfers, suspensions, etc.; I am not sure we have a big advantage over the competition with our "OKG strategy" in that regard.

As mentioned above - for a strategy that supposedly stresses speed over size (and the supposed reason why we have so many low-rated recruits... "Burner speed at tweener size" - this team seems to lack speed all over the field on both sides of the ball.

What we lack in speed we make up for in lack of size.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Salty wrote:
cordera89 wrote:

asu still sucks.

We probably suck more. But they suck too.
Ok because they way I look at it is ASU isn't struggle to stop a weak ass offense like UW.
If ASU suck in your opinion because they lost to Oregon in OT and put up 720 yard of total offense and their defense had just make one stop.
Overall Their the much better team than we are.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Salty wrote:

Umm... It seems like we recruit a number of guys with Big Sky talent. And a number of Big Sky players that are not OKG's.

All schools lose a lot of players to transfers, suspensions, etc.; I am not sure we have a big advantage over the competition with our "OKG strategy" in that regard.

As mentioned above - for a strategy that supposedly stresses speed over size (and the supposed reason why we have so many low-rated recruits... "Burner speed at tweener size" - this team seems to lack speed all over the field on both sides of the ball.

What we lack in speed we make up for in lack of size.
But how is RR going to convince better quality player to complete at Arizona when UCLA and USC Hold the entire state of CAL in their back pocket. Even worst In state kids don't even want to stay or play for Arizona.