In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Gladiator Cat

Re: Game 9, at Washington (2015)

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Fishclamps wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:This is the win big year.......at-least that's what I have been told.
Hasn't RR said that that's just a rough guideline or something? Not an actual philosophy?
Oh I don't know fishclamps, you tell me.
I'll look for it, but pretty sure thats a little misquoted.
And I'm positive your going to be wrong.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Main Event wrote:We suck.
Perfect thinking for losers. We don't suck, our inability to adjust and scheme correctly is what sucks our attitude sucks. This team needs a leader right now. If Anu is too omelet brained to do so, someone else needs to step up. This team, even with all the injuries, is no worse than either Wash team. They need a serious kick in the groin. I say this as a woman. They are playing like scared little girls. Nut up boys!!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Fishclamps wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:This is the win big year.......at-least that's what I have been told.
Hasn't RR said that that's just a rough guideline or something? Not an actual philosophy?
Who the f@ck cares we suck
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

UALoco wrote:Fire somebody..I don't care who...just fire somebody
We all know who it should be.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Another catchable ball
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

How did we not come down with that?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Did trey Griffey know he was on offense there. Doesn't need to knock it down
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Of course the half ends on an interception.

Come on Griffey I picked you in RAP!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Ok good luck with the second half guys. Hopefully it goes better than the first.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Happy Holloween..this team is scary bad.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I'm on this wagon.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Siempre Verde wrote:
Perfect thinking for losers. We don't suck, our inability to adjust and scheme correctly is what sucks our attitude sucks. This team needs a leader right now. If Anu is too omelet brained to do so, someone else needs to step up. This team, even with all the injuries, is no worse than either Wash team. They need a serious kick in the groin. I say this as a woman. They are playing like scared little girls. Nut up boys!!
No, we suck. Time to call a spade a spade.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

OSUCat wrote:Anu often rather go for the TD than the first down. Its frustrating.

Defense, is this the worse Arizona defense ever?

I don't know if Arizona can do better than RR but I sill doubt that one bad season at Arizona, after winning the Pac-12 south, would be overlooked. Fans might, but any AD worth their salt wouldn't.
Winning the PAC12 South last year was Fools Gold. We had to win on a Hail Mary, A stupid call by Peterson when he should have taken a knee, and the grace of God to let us play UO with only 1 starter on their offensive line. We could just have easily been 7-5 last year.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Does anyone have some really good jokes. Might as well have a laugh or two.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

I just glad I don't have to read any posts that say "Meh."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Even the pundits tired of this shit.

Kind of had the same thought.

Last edited by Merkin on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
And I'm positive your going to be wrong.
http://cfbhuddle.com/2015/07/31/video-c ... pac-12-md/" target="_blank

He picked up Bowden's 4 year model as a goal and for motivation, but talks about winning close his first 3 years, and fully expected to win close again this year, nothing about win big.
Last edited by Fishclamps on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Siempre Verde wrote:
Are you watching the game we have f@cking sucked

Take that sunshine pumping the sky is not falling attitude to uasports.net
uacat540

Post by uacat540 »

SCCats wrote:
We all know who it should be.
If it can't be casteel, fire Lockwood. Our corners are torched constantly and have gotten worse year over year. The way I look at it now is that if Rich wants to get back to a big time job, he needs to show he is willing to make changes. This whole gang back together thing has run its course.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Newportcat wrote:
Siempre Verde wrote:

I see your experiment of mellowing out has been a monumental failure haha
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Lockwood coaches the receivers I believe. The DB's are coached by a grad assistant named Copono.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Our inability to move the ball isn't a surprise, UW has much better athletes and a much better Defense. Our WR's can't get 2 feet of separation against the Husky DB's.

Its our defense which is really stinking up the field. UW might have the worst QB in the PAC12, but against
our vaunted 3-3-5 with its CB's who run 4.8 forties, he looks like Tom Brady.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

How can I be mellow when we are this bad.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

dmjcat wrote:
OSUCat wrote: Winning the PAC12 South last year was Fools Gold. We had to win on a Hail Mary, A stupid call by Peterson when he should have taken a knee, and the grace of God to let us play UO with only 1 starter on their offensive line. We could just have easily been 7-5 last year.
How can winning a division last year be fools gold? You won the division, there is nothing fake about it. The only thing that matters from what you said is that we won them. Every AD would be happy with a division title no matter how it happened.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Of course our attitude sucks..we suck..that is how it works.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

dmjcat wrote:Our inability to move the ball isn't a surprise, UW has much better athletes and a much better Defense. Our WR's can't get 2 feet of separation against the Husky DB's.

Its our defense which is really stinking up the field. UW might have the worst QB in the PAC12, but against
our vaunted 3-3-5 with its CB's who run 4.8 forties, he looks like Tom Brady.
If those 4 huge drops are catches, this could be a shootout and not a blowout.

Although a shootout is just as shitty since it gives false hope and we all know eventually a snap is gonna go sailing over Solomons head
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

OSUCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
OSUCat wrote: Winning the PAC12 South last year was Fools Gold. We had to win on a Hail Mary, A stupid call by Peterson when he should have taken a knee, and the grace of God to let us play UO with only 1 starter on their offensive line. We could just have easily been 7-5 last year.
How can winning a division last year be fools gold? You won the division, there is nothing fake about it. The only thing that matters from what you said is that we won them. Every AD would be happy with a division title no matter how it happened.
Don't take our P12 South Championship away..that is all we have. We suck this year...last year we were the P12 South Champs...those are facts.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

How was it fools gold

Well we lost to two teams in our division and still made it

We then got blasted in the championship game showing we had no business being there

There is zero chance a team will lose to UCLA and USC and ever win the PAC 12 south championship ever again

I am going to the USC game next week, my god it's going to be ugly
uacat540

Post by uacat540 »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Lockwood coaches the receivers I believe. The DB's are coached by a grad assistant named Copono.
Capo teaches safety's, Lockwood is corners. Keilwach probably wouldn't be a bad change either, d line is just garbage as well. Most of the defensive staff is garbage in all honesty. I'd really like to see Byrne open up a check book for a defensive staff to take Arizona to just a decent staff.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Btw gladiator still waiting for your quote on RR saying arizona was gonna win big this year since I provided my source.

I think it's time we retire that 4 year model shit when it wasn't even RR's to begin with
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

OSUCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
It was fools gold because we were Fvcking Lucky as Hell. A lot of posters here thought it was a sign that we had "Arrived" and were ready to compete for Titles every year. Reality is now hitting a lot of UA fans right in the face.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Newportcat wrote:How was it fools gold

We then got blasted in the championship game showing we had no business being there

There is zero chance a team will lose to UCLA and USC and ever win the PAC 12 south championship ever again

I went to the Stanford game...that was bad...USC will be worse because at least the Stanford fans were not obnoxious..USC fans will make it miserable for you.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

The offense is running a bit thin for me. It requires too much from the QB, and I'm not sure Arizona can get a QB that can do everything during every play.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Yes, I know....
Faith, hope, injuries, 2012 class, Randall, scheduling, Larry Scott, OKG, always explanations, reasons, patience...

Bear Down. Another half to go
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

What you said does not matter. Not one bit. Again, name one team that would have turned it down that didn't make the playoffs. Very silly, "luck" is part of the game.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

UALoco wrote:

I went to the Stanford game...that was bad...USC will be worse because at least the Stanford fans were not obnoxious..USC fans will make it miserable for you.
You have no idea. I went to USC for grad school so a bunch of my grad school buddies and I are getting together for it at this USC associates tailgate. I will be in my full zona gear and my buddy's know what a die hard wildcat I am. It will be hell on earth as I hate USC football
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Fishclamps wrote:Btw gladiator still waiting for your quote on RR saying arizona was gonna win big this year since I provided my source.

I think it's time we retire that 4 year model shit when it wasn't even RR's to begin with
Well your going to be waiting along time there clampy. Because it wasn't me who was regurgitating that shit. It was everyone else who wanted to believe it was gospel.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Yes, I know....
Faith, hope, injuries, 2012 class, Randall, scheduling, Larry Scott, OKG, always explanations, reasons, patience...

Bear Down. Another half to go
This just about sums up these boards perfectly. You have a gift with words razor
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Hate Duke but they got hosed on that Miami play, that one guy's knee was clearly down, and chest almost to the ground before he lateraled, then the other guy blocked in the back very blatently that wasn't called.

Oh and we suck too. Fire the waterboy if we have to, this defense is an abomination to U of A sports.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

dmjcat wrote: It was fools gold because we were Fvcking Lucky as Hell. A lot of posters here thought it was a sign that we had "Arrived" and were ready to compete for Titles every year. Reality is now hitting a lot of UA fans right in the face.
Arizona + Luck don't really go together. Arizona has not been "lucky" at all this year.

I wasn't talking about the posters here (Although, winning close games is a hell alot better than losing them. Remember the USC game at the end?) I was talking about AD's and them still looking at rr.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:Btw gladiator still waiting for your quote on RR saying arizona was gonna win big this year since I provided my source.

Well your going to be waiting along time there clampy. Because it wasn't me who was regurgitating that shit. It was everyone else who wanted to believe it was gospel.
Thats my point, it isn't gospel. RR knows we got a ton of breaks to win the south last year, he knew it wasn't gonna be a cakewalk this year. Some people thought otherwise...
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

OSUCat wrote:

What you said does not matter. Not one bit. Again, name one team that would have turned it down that didn't make the playoffs. Very silly, "luck" is part of the game.
We were PAC 12 south champs. No one will ever take that away from us

Now to the present which is all that matters, we suck and we will not be PAC 12 south champs and not again anytime soon
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Drops or no drops, UW is contesting every AZ pass play. No separation.

UW receivers have plenty of space to catch...plenty of separation. And speaking of drops, UW has a few tonight as well and didn't have a defender on top of them when they dropped it.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

The worst thing about waiting for this 2nd half is the feeling that we have nearly ZERO chance to win. Friekh is getting killed on the pass rush, our interior line is getting their asses kicked and our WR's can't get 2 mm separation from the UW corners. I just don't know how we can possibly move the ball with any consistency against them.

On D I would like Casteel to adapt Crackers D.......blitz the hell out of them on every down and play the corners 2 feet off the receivers. Make the UW QB make hard throws downfield. It can't be any worse than the slow death we suffered in the 1st half.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Newportcat wrote:
UALoco wrote:

You have no idea. I went to USC for grad school so a bunch of my grad school buddies and I are getting together for it at this USC associates tailgate. I will be in my full zona gear and my buddy's know what a die hard wildcat I am. It will be hell on earth as I hate

USC football
First UA home game I went to, we sat near USC band..that fight song still echos in my head every time we play them.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Newportcat wrote:
Siempre Verde wrote:

Watching game. Our leadership sucks. Our play calling sucks. Our starting QB who has left 100 rushing yards on the field sucks. Ok. Maybe we suck, but with some real play calling, this team is ahead. Your team missing elements? Hey, let's do something unpredictable and creative. Tell your QB to run. If he won't, leave him in Tucson.
AZarchery

Post by AZarchery »

carolinacat wrote:Drops or no drops, UW is contesting every AZ pass play. No separation.

UW receivers have plenty of space to catch...plenty of separation. And speaking of drops, UW has a few tonight as well and didn't have a defender on top of them when they dropped it.
No run game leads to no bite on play action, leads to no separation.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

uacat540 wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Lockwood coaches the receivers I believe. The DB's are coached by a grad assistant named Copono.
Capo teaches safety's, Lockwood is corners. Keilwach probably wouldn't be a bad change either, d line is just garbage as well. Most of the defensive staff is garbage in all honesty. I'd really like to see Byrne open up a check book for a defensive staff to take Arizona to just a decent staff.
It wont happen, Even if Byrne does act on good will to RR about improving Defense, He not going to let go Casteel or Staff.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Just sickening D
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Wrap up and tackle...sheesh