Game 9, at USC (2017)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dmjcat

Re: Game 9, at USC (2017)

Post by dmjcat »

I don't believe in moral victories but you have to tip your hat to how hard the Cats played in the 2nd half. They fought hard and did not give up. RRod needs to work on Tates intermediate passing game and somehow find Tate a big, fast possession receiver by next year.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SC's gonna run up the score
cats101

Post by cats101 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:If only we had more talent around Tate.
Yes. This team would be great.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ya know, usc fans are booing us for taking timeouts, but their own fucking team wouldn't just kneel the ball to finish out the clock so fuck that
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

RR is still a shit coach. Amazing that just one player will make the difference between a 3 win and an 8 win season potentially though.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bend the knee sc
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Kyle Bonagura
ESPN Staff Writer

Arizona Khalil Tate surpassed the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season in the second half against USC. He's the first Pac-12 quarterback in history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season ... and tonight is only his fourth start of the season.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:RR is still a shit coach. Amazing that just one player will make the difference between a 3 win and an 8 win season potentially though.
Yup
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Damn. Well we put up a fight for sure. Some huge mistakes and for one quarter we were so close. Not there yet but showed fight.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe wrote:
SCCats wrote:I wish we had made some of those offensive adjustments when it was clear we needed them (the start of the 2nd quarter) instead of when we did (mid way through the 3rd?).
Yeah, and why this loss is solely on RR.

Offensive guru couldn't drawn up a single slant play to clear out the middle:
That's such crap. He has this team playing hard. USC is so much bigger and stronger than us and yet we were somehow tied midway through the 4th after we should have been long out of it.

I know some of you hate RR so much, but come on.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:ya know, usc fans are booing us for taking timeouts, but their own fucking team wouldn't just kneel the ball to finish out the clock so fuck that
Undeniably Second Class
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Alieberman wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
SCCats wrote:I wish we had made some of those offensive adjustments when it was clear we needed them (the start of the 2nd quarter) instead of when we did (mid way through the 3rd?).

That's such crap. He has this team playing hard. USC is so much bigger and stronger than us and yet we were somehow tied midway through the 4th after we should have been long out of it.

Exactly. USC should be destroying teams like UA but we were tied with 8 mins left in the 4th quarter. RR made adjustments in the second half. Tate didn't figure out the defense himself. Also, we're not a traditional football school yet just competed with one. Yes, the outcome was a loss but I'll take this performance to ASU's at home last week.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Moral victories. The only kind uofa gets to celebrate.

Just depressing that although we have one good player that's made this season not a disaster we're still the same ol arizona football.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Seriously. The hate for RR has really made a good number of people here irrational.

If you want to say it is RR fault for everything you have the right to but that is just wrong.

USC has the talent to be a CFP team and they showed it last night. If that bad snap on the punt is more clean who knows. RR and the team deserve dr more support that what this board and Tucson and the rest of the state has given them.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion