Game 11, at Oregon (2017)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Game 11, at Oregon (2017)

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ghostwhitehorse wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:This is what happens when even a mediocre coach has 2 weeks to prepare for RR. He is so over his head. And again, remember that it doesn't matter how many points you give up on defense.
Already heard your pitch. No need to repeat.

*mod edit* let's keep it about the game folks
Everything in my post is 100% about the game.
It says “mod edit”.

Wasn’t me, but obviously the edit was of GWH’s post.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Does anyone know the name of our helmets
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Merkin wrote:Amazing the crowd left there. Arizona stadium would have been half empty after half time.
They were UP 7 with their QB coming back from injury, not DOWN 7 with this defense getting gashed by runs up the middle.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Postmaster wrote:Does anyone know the name of our helmets
Lollipop????

Wild Cherry???
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

That was a horrible decision by Taylor
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pass interference is legal now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Our WR's just................can't...............get.................separation
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ghostwhitehorse wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:This is what happens when even a mediocre coach has 2 weeks to prepare for RR. He is so over his head. And again, remember that it doesn't matter how many points you give up on defense.
Already heard your pitch. No need to repeat.

*mod edit* let's keep it about the game folks
Everything in my post is 100% about the game.
It says “mod edit”.

Wasn’t me, but obviously the edit was of GWH’s post.
Dropped an f-bomb on 'HATER because of his repetitive preachiness crosses a line for me. I hate that regardless even if I agree with the sentiment.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Too bad people haven't been paying attention to special teams for about the last one, two, three...

decade.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Postmaster wrote:Does anyone know the name of our helmets
We were calling them "a Christmas ornament"
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

We gotta go buy a WR corp man. This is ridiculous
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Rushed three and a sack
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Night.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Main Event wrote:We gotta go buy a WR corp man. This is ridiculous

Yep.

That and a couple of 300 lb DL's

The talent disparity really reared its head tonight.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dmjcat wrote:
Main Event wrote:We gotta go buy a WR corp man. This is ridiculous

Yep.

That and a couple of 300 lb DL's

The talent disparity really reared its head tonight.
Yup.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

*shrug*

Just another AZ football year
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Student section is one third left. Half full at start of fourth quarter
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

I think I finally figured out why Marcus 4 Star Griffin never amounted to anything. The kid looks like an NFL lineman from
the waistline up and a skinny WR from the waist down. I don't think I have ever seen a 300lb DL with legs that thin.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

I don't understand how you come to the conclusion it doesn't matter how many points you give up on defense? I guess I'm missing your point.
He's harping on that because he had an argument with some other posters in a thread regarding the defense, and someone said that it doesnt matter how much the D gives up if the O scores more.

Hater would like a decent to good defense in addition to having a decent to good offense. Some people get mad when he calls the D bad.
Thanks for explaining it to me. The defense has been frustrating at times but I think this season has been an unexpected success especially after we beat ASU to end the regular season. Winning at Oregon is never easy. I'm still proud of the Cats this season.
Last edited by Captain Obvious on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mofo

Post by mofo »

ASUHATER! wrote:
mofo wrote:HATER, what do you consider a successful season? 7 wins? 10? 14?
What we should be striving for as a program is to not be mediocre since that is what we've always been. The baseline minimum for an acceptable season should be 8-4. A good to great season is 9-10 wins. I'm not satisfied with 3-7 wins a season like everyone else.
So we win next week and it’s minimally acceptable? That’s fair I guess. I would have said 6 is minimum. You’d make it a lot easier on yourself if you converted to an Alabama fan tho. Better for your health & that of this board.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Captain Obvious wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

I don't understand how you come to the conclusion it doesn't matter how many points you give up on defense? I guess I'm missing your point.
He's harping on that because he had an argument with some other posters in a thread regarding the defense, and someone said that it doesnt matter how much the D gives up if the O scores more.

Hater would like a decent to good defense in addition to having a decent to good offense. Some people get mad when he calls the D bad.
Thanks for explaining it to me. The defense has been frustrating at times but I think this season has been an unexpected success especially after we beat ASU. Winning at Oregon is never easy. I'm still proud of the Cats this season.
We're all proud of the team for exceeding expectations in a lot of ways this year. But that doesn't mean we can't be insanely frustrated at our complete incompetence and lack of recruiting on defense for 5 of the last 6 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

And Wilson hurt
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Next weeks game is not going to be easy. The scum have been running the ball well (which we have issues with) and their
defense has shown signs this year of being able to stop the run against certain teams. Even their used car salesman coach
will probably figure out that loading the box with 8/9 men might actually work against us.

RRod needs to scheme and change up our tendencies/formations
mofo

Post by mofo »

Unfortunately, as always, next week will be a complete coin flip and could be a 30pt win by either team
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why do we have starters playing, down 20, with a minute to go?
mofo

Post by mofo »

We should punt
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Well that's why castille is gone
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Thanks for explaining it to me. The defense has been frustrating at times but I think this season has been an unexpected success especially after we beat ASU. Winning at Oregon is never easy. I'm still proud of the Cats this season.
We're all proud of the team for exceeding expectations in a lot of ways this year. But that doesn't mean we can't be insanely frustrated at our complete incompetence and lack of recruiting on defense for 5 of the last 6 years.
There are some promising young players on D, but yeah it's ridiculous. And you're going to have nights like this when the O can't do its thing and you need the D to keep you in the game.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Too late
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

mofo wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
What we should be striving for as a program is to not be mediocre since that is what we've always been. The baseline minimum for an acceptable season should be 8-4. A good to great season is 9-10 wins. I'm not satisfied with 3-7 wins a season like everyone else.
So we win next week and it’s minimally acceptable? That’s fair I guess. I would have said 6 is minimum. You’d make it a lot easier on yourself if you converted to an Alabama fan tho. Better for your health & that of this board.
This comment I whole heartedly disagree with.

Why should wanting/expecting the team to improve, to become a team that could maybe sniff a rose bowl, be a bad thing?

Why would you prefer fans who want that go to another team?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Arizona lost a football game tonight. Khalil Tate lost an all expense paid trip to New York City. :(
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

KaibabKat wrote:Arizona lost a football game tonight. Khalil Tate lost an all expense paid trip to New York City. :(
Agree but it wasn't Tates fault. The OL could not block, the WR's could not get open, and the AZ head coach could not figure out how to adjust to 8/9 man fronts.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

What a way to end a total embarrassment of a game. Tate should have sat after going down 17. A win next week will cap a successful season in my eyes. I think N'Keal Harry dislocated his shoulder today but ASU will come to play.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
mofo wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
This comment I whole heartedly disagree with.

Why should wanting/expecting the team to improve, to become a team that could maybe sniff a rose bowl, a bad thing?

Why would you prefer fans who want that go to another team?
Indeed. For some reason my desire for us to be a better program than we are isnt acceptable. Some Arizona fans are infected with drunken Russian serf disease where they just accept their crappy lives and mediocrity because that's apparently what they think they deserve. I think Arizona can be a better program...if we actually get a coach and staff that's committed to improving recruiting and making is a better program.

3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

Well, this isn't a surprise. When they can go on the road, in a hostile environment, against a decent team, and play a little defense- that will be a shock.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

I just don't know why we can't freaking recruit some decent DL. Or good WR's. Or, hell, if our guys aren't open, how about the fastest guy on the team, Tyrell Johnson, on a seam route? Like, it's basic stuff like this that I DON'T see even TRIED that makes me so pissed.

I'm not an expert, nobody on here is a D1 football coach in terms of expertise. But there are some super-obvious adjustments that you COULD make to get more out of this roster... Yet our coaching staff seems content to just keep doing what they're doing, regardless of how successful they are.

Now Tate's probably not going to NYC, and it's partly on the fact that we never adjusted for 8/9-man boxes, with 5 men on the LOS. We'd load up with 2 TE's, and then get stuffed, over and OVER again...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

3rdand25 wrote:Well, this isn't a surprise. When they can go on the road, in a hostile environment, against a decent team, and play a little defense- that will be a shock.
Giving up 45 points per game in conference road games isn't a recipe for success.

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Get used to 7-8 win seasons. We are the have nots, Oregon is the haves. We cant compete with them in recruiting.

*mod edit* again, keep it about the game, dont personally attack someone
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

wyo-cat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Get used to 7-8 win seasons. We are the have nots, Oregon is the haves. We cant compete with them in recruiting.

Quit being an asshat, like your name suggests and accept it.
No thank you. Oregon was a have not for decades. So was Miami and Florida and Florida State and many others. I want Arizona to be more than mediocre. It's ok if that's all you want, but I don't.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

wyo-cat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Some fans don't accept that. And want more.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gimmicky RR gonna gimmick
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

wyo-cat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

All true unfortunately.

Until the UA spits out a Bill Gates/TBoone Pickens willing to write some really huge checks to the UA athletic dept. we will always
be at a disadvantage to the West Coast Schools and ChildSlaveLaborU
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Game is over. I'm now locking this thread. I don't care to see any more personal attacks here.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: