Game 13, at Foster Farms Bowl, vs Purdue (2017)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Game 13, at Foster Farms Bowl, vs Purdue (2017)

Post by scumdevils86 »

RichardCranium wrote:I don't know about anybody else, but I am watching an enjoyable game between two closely matched teams. I hate it like hell that my team is losing(mostly but not solely due to a couple of very bad ref decisions), but this was a good game.

Anybody who doesn't see that is not a football fan.
Wat. Different realities.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Blowing Tate's talent with years of piss poor recruiting and defense is grounds for immediate execution, much less firing. Losing 4 of 5 to finish including to ASU and an easily beatable Purdue team is simply inexcusable in year 6. RR should never set foot in Tucson again.
Execution? Get a grip dude.
Go celebrate the loss elsewhere
I'll celebrate when you quit posting.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

They had their shot but the defense missed opportunities on that last drive and should have put it away. Was a great game but doesn't ignore the fact that RichRod stinks.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Captain Obvious wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Blowing Tate's talent with years of piss poor recruiting and defense is grounds for immediate execution, much less firing. Losing 4 of 5 to finish including to ASU and an easily beatable Purdue team is simply inexcusable in year 6. RR should never set foot in Tucson again.
Execution? Get a grip dude.
Go celebrate the loss elsewhere
I'll celebrate when you quit posting.
Partying over 7-6 is the definition of insanity.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

We lost to a team with less talent in a bowl game. Let's not sugarcoat this turd. Tate and the frosh looked good this season but plenty of room for improvement. Bear Down and Fire RR!
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Allowed Purdue and their prolific offense :roll: to score their 2nd most points in a game in the season. Only team that gave up more... OHIO ... And that is not tOSU
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

The game was over like 3 times on the Purdue TD drive and we just full on blew it
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

TatetheGreat wrote:We lost to a team with less talent in a bowl game. Let's not sugarcoat this turd. Tate and the frosh looked good this season but plenty of room for improvement. Bear Down and Fire RR!
I totally agree with this. RR has had enough time to get things right. And for what he's getting paid there's been pretty much no return on the investment. I like our talented young players and believe the right coach could mold them into something special. RR doesn't develop players like a quality D1 coach should be able to. A reactive coach rather than a proactive one. Very irritating.
jimson

Post by jimson »

I debated on coming here, cause I knew the same suspects would be saying the same things, however.....Do you remember the last time an AZ coach was fired after a winning season? Me neither.

So who do you think we can hire that will bring fans back next year?

I know no one agrees with me, but there is only one fire RR scenario I would support, and that is to promote Chuck Cecil to head coach and let him bring in Ricky Hunley as DC and associate Head coach.

We have tried retreads and a hot coordinator, but we have never tried Wildcat legends who bleed cardinal and navy.

Not qualified you say? I don't know, they both have decades of coaching experience and no one has ever become a head coach without getting their first chance.

Everything is a risk but this is one that I think might pique fan interest.

Otherwise, I say ride it out with RR next year.