Last UA road win: First meeting

Arizona game notes: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... vs-MSU.pdf
Mississippi game notes: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... ES__1_.pdf
Arizona depth chart: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... s._MSU.pdf
Mississippi depth chart: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... _DEPTH.pdf
UAEebs86

Re: Game 2, vs Mississippi State (2022)

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks Greg. I see PoM hasn't posted in almost 6 months.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If anyone has a reliable virus free stream… I will need something
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 pm If anyone has a reliable virus free stream… I will need something
This is where I will look first: https://ustv247.tv/fox-sports-1/

Currently streaming Houston/TTU
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Thanks 84Cat!

I hate that I am excited for this game. This never ends well for me
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:50 pm I hate that I am excited for this game. This never ends well for me
This is the first time in a very long time I expect the UA to win.

JdL with Cowing, T-Mac and Speedy will be really hard to cover, along with Singer, although I have no idea how good the Miss State secondary is.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Reality check incoming. Brace for impact. We don't belong on the same field with any SEC team. Don't let the SDSU win fool you. We still suck. Expectation management must be employed wisely when it comes to Arizona football. The stadium will be mostly empty by the third quarter. Beat the traffic. Cheers!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:17 pm
Alieberman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:50 pm I hate that I am excited for this game. This never ends well for me

JdL with Cowing, T-Mac and Speedy will be really hard to cover, along with Singer, although I have no idea how good the Miss State secondary is.
Now we have to reverse-jinx Merkin. Thanks a lot. As if we didn't have our work cut out for us already.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:35 pm Now we have to reverse-jinx Merkin. Thanks a lot. As if we didn't have our work cut out for us already.
The Captain doing his duty!
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:30 pm Reality check incoming. Brace for impact. We don't belong on the same field with any SEC team. Don't let the SDSU win fool you. We still suck. Expectation management must be employed wisely when it comes to Arizona football. The stadium will be mostly empty by the third quarter. Beat the traffic. Cheers!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:44 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:35 pm Now we have to reverse-jinx Merkin. Thanks a lot. As if we didn't have our work cut out for us already.
The Captain doing his duty!
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:30 pm Reality check incoming. Brace for impact. We don't belong on the same field with any SEC team. Don't let the SDSU win fool you. We still suck. Expectation management must be employed wisely when it comes to Arizona football. The stadium will be mostly empty by the third quarter. Beat the traffic. Cheers!
Mmmmm, I think you have to call it, ya know, say the words "reverse jinx". It's not like we have a gentlemen's agreement with the Football or Basketball gods. Those gods are fucking cads and bounders who weasel out of their duty unless we call it. I'm reversing the jinx and saying we're gonna get dickpunched and rolled. Whew!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The only thing that is still obvious is that you are still a giant piece of shit!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

You must be a ton of fun at the tailgate.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Merkin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:17 pm

That is the key. Everyone is talking about De Laura and Cowing. But the Cats have T-Mac and Singer too. Add Williams, Wiley, Coleman, and Luke, and McLachline at TE.

It isn't as about UA to win this game as much as it is to see what we have and where we need work. Fisch has given us hope. We probably won't win tonight, but the Cats will be fun to watch tonight. Cats fans haven't felt this way in many years.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I'm fully drinking the kool aid. Let's kick some SEC ass!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I don't know how good de Laura is going to be tonight. If he is making a name for himself I would love to see "Jewell to Cowing" in the future. It's a dream, but tonight can be program defining. SDSU wasn't good. So we don't know what to expect. I have confidence in the coaching staff, many come from the NFL. I believe that is what we are recruiting so well, not only with freshmen, but transfers too. In the absolute best of circumstances Arizona can be a trail blazer if the transfers make a major impact. It's interesting. Even if you developed a lot of players, and can be choosy, it evens the playing field. Players will leave a school after acquiring some experience today. They are able to make wiser decisions. Fisch understands the modern game better than almost all college coaches. He runs a pro offense and his teams are set up to win at the next level. He may not win, but I want to see the heart of the players in adversity. We are young overall, and we are noticed.

I am looking forward to tonight's game. I don't believe the Cats will win but it is possible. I really want to see a sold out stadium, but it is hard for a game that begins at 8 pm.

This is what many opponents don't get. The Tucson metro is around 1 million. And Arizona draws the attention of the locals. They don't compete with pro sports. It is a college town. Tucson will be rocking tonight. They have hope.
Last edited by Catintheheat on Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

All my usual buds are busy...do I go to the game solo, or catch a stream and watch baked at home? I'm a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but I'm, also stoner lazy. lol. Decisions, decisions...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAdevil wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:43 pm All my usual buds are busy...do I go to the game solo, or catch a stream and watch baked at home? I'm a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but I'm, also stoner lazy. lol. Decisions, decisions...
Well, whatever you do you gotta chill. the. fuck. out. before you decide. Stress is deadly man.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I really don't know what to expect. Anything is possible. The Cats have won when no one thought we would. I like the coaching staff now, many from the NFL. This coaching staff makes the game fun and they know what they are talking about.

This could be a defining moment for Fisch, or we are put into our place. This team will improve as the season progresses. We are one year away from being a serious threat. How the Cats respond will mean everything.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Alright, pulled the trigger. Sec 13 here I come.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I was at the Oregon/UA game when we lost in 2 OT. This is the game I'm looking forward to the most since then. Yes, I could be disappointed, I just want to see life and fight in the team. Given time they will be coached up. More and more I'm convinced we have quality coaches. I have hope that Fisch will turn the corner. That is the most intriguing story. Tonight is big for Fisch. I think we can win but we need the stadium to be loud.

I would drive from Phoenix to be at the game. Unfortunately, I live in Maine now.

My belief is this team is going to turn out to be special, and we will get better. Next season we will be good. Honor the process.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:01 pm
The only thing that is still obvious is that you are still a giant piece of shit!
He decided to make that post his first post in 6 1/2 months. I wonder about people sometimes.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

This night is going to be long, getting used to living in the east.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Heading out to pregame and check out the festivities. Are there any suggested stops amidst the tailgaters?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Catintheheat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:12 pm I was at the Oregon/UA game when we lost in 2 OT.
Was that the game where Stoops put the prevent defense in end of the 3rd quarter, and the UA fans were ready to rush the field? Beginning of the end for Stoops, just like the Pigskin Classic was the beginning of the end for Tomey.

Not a huge fan of Lou Holtz, but when he said that the only thing the prevent defense does is prevents winning, I had to agree with him.

Still see it constantly. Let's stop what we are doing that is causing the team to win, and change the defense to bend and not break, and hopefully they catch up a little bit instead of a lot.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Fuck Miss St
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Props to you Catintheheat. The 10/11 pm east coast game time is rough. But, at the same time not going to the game because you live in Maine just means your a bad fan ;) .
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm Fuck Miss St
Fuck asu. Sorry couldn’t resist
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

Merkin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:23 pm
Catintheheat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:12 pm I was at the Oregon/UA game when we lost in 2 OT.
Was that the game where Stoops put the prevent defense in end of the 3rd quarter, and the UA fans were ready to rush the field? Beginning of the end for Stoops, just like the Pigskin Classic was the beginning of the end for Tomey.

Not a huge fan of Lou Holtz, but when he said that the only thing the prevent defense does is prevents winning, I had to agree with him.

Still see it constantly. Let's stop what we are doing that is causing the team to win, and change the defense to bend and not break, and hopefully they catch up a little bit instead of a lot.
Yup. Terrell Turner (subbed in for Juron Criner after a timeout- maybe it was senior night?) also bobbled a TD that would have made it a 14 point game that TJ Ward hauled in to set up the game winning drive, which had multiple 3rd and more than 10 conversions.

As it all shook out, 4 of my best buddies played for Oregon under Belotti/Chip. They all say that, as soon as kids started hopping the wall, they knew they were going to win
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

White helmets, blue jersey, and blue pants.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Least favorite combo. Don’t know why we don’t wear white pants, red top and white helmet
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:44 pm White helmets, blue jersey, and blue pants.
I just lost the confidence I had. Oh well, nice try, it's a rebuilding year.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Been checking for Greg's ""Cracking one" I'm tired of waiting so I'm brewing some coffee so I don't fall asleep during this thing.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Miss St fans in my section are extremely confident in an easy win going away. Let's prove em wrong Cats!
cerec_cat

Post by cerec_cat »

That damn Nebraska game is going to go to overtime
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:14 pm Miss St fans in my section are extremely confident in an easy win going away. Let's prove em wrong Cats!
Please tell me we aren't going to be hearing cow bells all night?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm trying to work the reverse-jinx from a secondary derivative angle on another forum with a Sooner fan whose hate for the "Nazi Cowboys" rivals mine for the ShitShovels. Anybody got any tips? I'm in the weeds here. After starting off OK I think I'm losing the bubble.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Student section full and it’s on at AZ stadium
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just realized my dad has FoxSports1and I have his login- so I can legally stream this game!!!!!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

In line three drinks in - BTFD!
-JB
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

The Nebraska game is going to go way over.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Game going to start on FS2.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I still don't know the words to Fight Wildcats Fight.

Does that make me a #badfan?
-JB
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

'Boys 34 Scummies 17 . . .Hell Yeah!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Bear down!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Not the best green screen for the announcers…
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Petros' voice makes me want to kill something.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

BTFD!!!!!
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

There is hardly anyone in the stadium.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

OSUCat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:54 pm Game going to start on FS2.
Huh. I found a link 2 fs2 picture but no sound.

The related fs1 link is great, but wrong game.

Poop.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.