Game 7, at Washington St (2023)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCat

Re: Game 7, vs Washington St (2023)

Post by TheCat »

Probably the best complete game by the Cats in 3 years. Hope they can keep the passion going. Great game.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

This has to be one of the most embarrassing losses for WSU in its history. And on homecoming. Mike Leach is rolling in his grave.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatMG wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:17 pm Fifita was so efficient. He is fun to watch. He has complete control of this offense.
He learns from every mistake. I saw where he missed TMac across the middle in the late 2nd Q and had to check it down to Coleman but then hit him on the exact same play in the 3rd. You could see him discussing it on the sideline and I thought that for sure he would hit it later. And he did.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What a perfect note to leave Pullman forever on.

Have fun dominating the MWC Cougs!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

What a Freaking Beat down! That was awesome!!
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:55 pm You just get the feeling a huge comeback is inevitable. Brace for the collapse.
Time for a ban poll.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:18 pm
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:55 pm You just get the feeling a huge comeback is inevitable. Brace for the collapse.
Time for a ban poll.
Been thinking we don’t even need one…. but I’m drunk and I hate that fucker.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Sorry, I was out all day and missed the game. Wished I was watching.

But the worst part is I missed giving the Halftime Scoreboard so You are probably dying to find out how Slippery Rock went.

Well don't worry, the score was... Slippery Rock 49 Gannon University 24.

Number 10 ranked Slippery Rock is 7-0 over all and 4-0 in the PSAC West.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

RichardCranium wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:55 pm Sorry, I was out all day and missed the game. Wished I was watching.

But the worst part is I missed giving the Halftime Scoreboard so You are probably dying to find out how Slippery Rock went.

At every Michigan home game it’s a tradition to announce the Slippery Rock score. Not sure how or why it started but the crowd loves it.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:00 am
RichardCranium wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:55 pm Sorry, I was out all day and missed the game. Wished I was watching.

At every Michigan home game it’s a tradition to announce the Slippery Rock score. Not sure how or why it started but the crowd loves it.
When I was in HS, a girlfriend's older sister dated a guy who went to Slippery Rock.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It was a transitive property thing from the 30s when Michigan and Minnesota both laid claim to the national championship.

Slippery Rock beat Westminster, which beat West Virginia Wesleyan, which beat Duquesne, which beat Pitt, which beat Notre Dame, which beat Northwestern, which beat Minnesota.

Therefore Slippery Rock was better than Minnesota.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:51 am

It was a transitive property thing from the 30s when Michigan and Minnesota both laid claim to the national championship.

Slippery Rock beat Westminster, which beat West Virginia Wesleyan, which beat Duquesne, which beat Pitt, which beat Notre Dame, which beat Northwestern, which beat Minnesota.

Therefore Slippery Rock was better than Minnesota.
Thanks Chi. That’s hilarious. I was too embarrassed to ask anyone at the Michigan games about it since I’ve become a big supporter. Such a Midwest thing Lol which I think is pretty cool.

Speaking of Minnesota they have 6 Natty’s which is tenth all time. Although they happened between 1934-1960 they do have some football history. More than I thought anyway.