Game 1, vs UNLV (2014)

In Game Discussions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

Re: Game 1, vs UNLV

Post by PieceOfMeat »

58-13.

Thanks for coming UNLV, we needed a warmup game
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

58-13

Don't think anyone saw that coming.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Current drive was 19 plays for 77 yards and was 9:18 long 0_0
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Current drive was 19 plays for 77 yards and was 9:18 long 0_0
And 8 QBs.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

:lol: greg
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

We not only took the fight out of UNLV, we danced on their graves.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
We not only took the fight out of UNLV, we danced on their graves.
and we let our dates dance too, with their high heels on.

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What was RR yelling about?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not sure if I've ever really seen a drive that long before. 3 qbs used on one drive is something I've never seen either.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

aaaand there we go. 58-13 is the final.

and RR is really unhappy with a player at the end :lol:

I love starting off the season with a W.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Rich rod was mad at which player?
Lane_Myers

Post by Lane_Myers »

NYCat wrote:Rich rod was mad at which player?
Tellas Jones
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

NYCat wrote:
That is a crazy stat. Wow.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

NYCat wrote:Rich rod was mad at which player?
that's just crazy

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azgreg wrote:ASSu can suck the snotty end of my fuck stick.
You really should get a doctor to look at that ASAP. I understand there is a drug resistant strain going around.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

RichardCranium wrote:
You really should get a doctor to look at that ASAP. I understand there is a drug resistant strain going around.
Look man ASU think this game was BS because we beat a weak team in UNLV. When they forget that they just play a FCS Team in Weber state they cant be talking it just a game. Only thing they can counter this is saying that UTSA will beat us because of there impressive defense by beating a good Houston team 27-7. There no drug of what he saying. If ASU think they want to say something, I will tell them to STFU, u guys beat Weber State 45-14 which should of been a blowout from the get go, and for us, winning 58-13, that what were suppose to do, don't take these team lightly.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

a weber state team that is one of the worst in FCS and went 2-10 and winless in the big sky last year.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

How was the attendance? Looked pretty full everywhere except the NEZ. Official stats say there were like 5000 empty seats though.

prh

Post by prh »

ASUHATER! wrote:How was the attendance? Looked pretty full everywhere except the NEZ. Official stats say there were like 5000 empty seats though.
Corners of 200s had some emptiness, along with section 17/18/wherever the visitors are stuck. Zoo was full through halftime and decent afterwards. Not sure were the other empty seats would be, aside from spread out through the stadium.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

On t.v.it looked more full than last year's opener. Asu only had like 1-2 k more people at their game yesterday. Like 19k empty seats. They really need a smaller stadium.

As far as we go though...I don't get it. Through 15 home games with rich rod we seem to struggle to get over 50k to games. With stoops we were coming near sellouts all the time when we were terrible and had no offense. Is the impact of modern hd tv and cost of tickets that bad? It seems like the only way we'll sell out under rich rod is if we're in the top 20 and hosting a good/great conference opponent and there is good weather. Even if we beat utsa and Nevada I think it'll be iffy if we sell out for California.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

50100 was the announced attendancee pretty full. NEZ was pretty full actually. It was the south endzone that had some holes. C

For a. Labor day weekend they had to be happy. The first half ended st about 9:40. Th s t is just to long. Game didnt get over until after 11:00. No way people want to sit that long.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:Hey Merk. After that first miss Casey Skowron is 3/3 (longest is 49 yards) and 6/6 pats. His kickoffs have not been returned, Fantastic. Hope this keeps up.
QFT.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

cordera89 wrote:
RichardCranium wrote:
Look man ASU think this game was BS because we beat a weak team in UNLV. When they forget that they just play a FCS Team in Weber state they cant be talking it just a game. Only thing they can counter this is saying that UTSA will beat us because of there impressive defense by beating a good Houston team 27-7. There no drug of what he saying. If ASU think they want to say something, I will tell them to STFU, u guys beat Weber State 45-14 which should of been a blowout from the get go, and for us, winning 58-13, that what were suppose to do, don't take these team lightly.
The truth is, these games generally don't say anything about a team like UA or ASU except whether or not they grasp the schemes. ASU's offense underperformed, but I bet the rust comes off there. For them the real question was going to be whether or not the defense (being so inexperienced) would be out of place, scrambling to get in position, missing assignments, etc. I was hoping for some of those signs, but they seemed to grasp the scheme pretty well.

The same goes for us. Isn't this the exact score we beat UNLV by last year? I could care less what the score was, we should be more concerned with the new players, especially Solomon and how comfortable they looks. To that end, Solomon looked very poised, and comfortable. Now I am looking forward to see how he handles pressure, pressure I tend to believe will be present to some extent in the UTSA game.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I DONT CARE WHO WE PLAY AS LONG AS WE DO WELL IN THEM. YES IT IS EXACT SAME SCORE WE BEAT THEM LAST YEAR SCORE BUT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IN THE OFFENSE IN TOTAL OFFENSE YARD THOU. I DONT CARE WHAT ASU THINK OF THIS GAME, THEY JUST DONT WANT ADMIITED THAT PLAY AN FCS TEAM UNLIKE US PLAYIGN A TEAM THAT IN THE FBS LEVEL OF THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE.

NEXT GAME GOT EVERYONE CONCERN BECAUSE OF UTSA DEFENSE HANDLE HOUSTON OFFENSE. THERE NOT A THREAT. RR AND STAFF WILL GET THERE TEAM WELL PREPARED AGAISNT THEM.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

BILLY MAYS MODE!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is there a reason why you guys are yelling?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I think I just got a migraine from reading this thread...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

some game notes from arizonawildcats.com:

solomon was the first redshirt or true freshman to ever start a season opener for arizona

solomon was the first freshman to start a game period since tuitama's 4 games in 2005. solomon was the first underclassman to start a game in 52 games for arizona. we had 51 straight games started by a junior or senior (nick foles was the last, that nebraska game in 2009)

first time in school history we had 2 100 yard rushers and 2 100 yard receivers in a game.

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Wheels up from the office! Headed home by way of the beer store . . . catch y'all in a bit!

Bear Down!
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

BearDown89 wrote:Wheels up from the office! Headed home by way of the beer store . . . catch y'all in a bit!

Bear Down!
:lol: Confused by all the letters.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

We are settling for too many field goals!